• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man Bags!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking for a good messenger bag for a loooooooooong time. I've very particular though, so I haven't been able to find just the right one yet.

vivftp

This is the closest thing I carry to a man bag.

large_black_italian_leather_briefcase_by_chiarug.jpg

It's for my laptop, Vita, portable bluetooth speaker and any other little toys I decide to stuff in there.

TCRS

Banned

Targus Laptop Backpack. had it for years now, it's sturdy. But I'm a student so whatever, and I'm going to get a proper messenger bag when I start working.

Weilthain

Banned
The black bag in op/looks like a ladies bag ( nothing wrong with that)

I wear an over the shoulder bag similar to ops but made from cheap material and doesn't look like something a women would wear.

Shiv47

I have a Saddleback Leather messenger bag for when I travel or on occasions when I need to take shit somewhere. It looks cool, is built like a tank, and will outlast me.

Ultima_5

I had a backpack in school. Now I don't bring shit with me when I go out. What could possibly be that essential that I'd need to lug around a bag filled with shit whenever I go somewhere.

I have no qualms with other people using them etc. but a wallet fits my needs perfectly

What are messenger bags man purses now?

Jack_AG

Banned
I don't understand this complaint.

If I search purse on google I get.

black-clip-purse.jpg

becks_yellow_granny_purse.jpg
"Purse" isnt a style of bag. It is a generalization of type of bag or personal effects holder. Calling a purse a "man bag" doesn't change the fact that its a purse. Wallets can be considered purses, as well.

ZenaxPure

For my needs I never saw much use for anything more than a laptop case. Could fit my laptop, PSP, DS, iTouch, and all my school books in it (this was back like 4 years ago when I was in college). As for why I carried all that stuff around... Well in college I spent more time out of my dorm room than in it on most days, so having a bag was pretty much essential. I don't like backpacks at all so that case worked out perfect.

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
This is somewhere I will never go, but the door is open to you...

man-clutch1.jpg

Karl Lagerfield is fucking terrifying. "If satan was a nazi" would be a good way to describe his looks damn.

HUELEN10

Question: Which shoulder do you guys wear it on? Do you let it hang, or do you cross it so the bag rests opposite the shoulder it's hung on?

DrFurbs

I have two messenger backs, both from Fossil.

This is my work bag, which can also carry my 15" laptop.

This is my evening/weekend/going out bag.

I have the first one.. For my laptop.. And another fur when I don't carry my laptop.. like just journal articles..uni things... Love man bags.

Korey

Those are great. I really like this one:

If I hadn't just bought a bag, I'd be very tempted.

Also, on terminology: a purse is a woman's handbag. A messenger bag is a practical, functional object with a cross-chest strap. It exists in place of the briefcase everywhere except the most conservative styles.

The mental gymnastics some will go through to justify their purse. Why not just own it?

PersonaX

I use this, finnish army gas mask bag from the old times. Olive green and simple, i like it, not very classy, but it fits my style.

dyKUaUH.jpg

Groof

I got this Tumi bag from my gf's mother for my birthday, and while small, it's very light and convenient, yet properly padded. Fits my camera and tablet perfectly and has a bunch of pockets for other stuff too, so for everyday needs it's perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom