• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manafort Notes of Russian Meeting Mention "RNC Donations"

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Yup. RICO + RNC was an easy guess to make given the info out there prior to this.

My theory is that she does not vet the rumors. She lets everything through without fact checking. The real news stories give a more filtered, accurate view. Basically she's the sushi-x of leaks.

It makes me wonder if the rumored Wapo story is the fact that tallys WERE altered. Maybe thats whats the pwned guy is referring too. That would be an earth shattering, market crashing, blood in the streets potential announcement. How the hell would we resolve it? Election do over? Hand the presidency over to Clinton who rightfully would have won? Either way it would be the biggest crisis we ever faced politically or more.

I mean it's just how math works but Clinton narrowly lost by Tiny margins in exactly the states needed for Trump to defy the polls. No suspiciously large margins. That's how you would do it if you didn't want to get caught.

And no tinfoil hat is required here as we know for a fact that attempts were made to hack those machines.

And Cambridge Analytica was basically tracking those tiny margins and targeting those voters.

If this happened I think they targeted registrations not the actual votes. Someone needs to do a deep dive on the trendline of provisional ballots issued over the last 20 years for each election and see if there are any abnormalities for 2016

My theory is that she does not vet the rumors. She lets everything through without fact checking. The real news stories give a more filtered, accurate view. Basically she's the sushi-x of leaks.

shes Mister X media, Hidden dual gpu

It makes me wonder if the rumored Wapo story is the fact that tallys WERE altered. Maybe thats whats the pwned guy is referring too. That would be an earth shattering, market crashing, blood in the streets potential announcement. How the hell would we resolve it? Election do over? Hand the presidency over to Clinton who rightfully would have won? Either way it would be the biggest crisis we ever faced politically or more.

If it was confirmed Tallies and counts were altered.

A. Last election would stand, we would not have a emergency re-election.
B. Whomever won as a result of tampering (expect to see on both sides), must immediately step down and is barred from all public service work, awaiting trial.
C. Any legislation passed must be reviewed by a special council, even the supreme court nomination and election to verify it wasn't in the interest of a foreign state.
D. Retro actively Special council of Review would look into past bills to when this started (this may well turn into a full blown agency that investigates everything, including local elections)
E. Everything to enemy states involved in tampering is sanctioned, completely. Think height of cold war communications with russia and sanctions.
F. Probably the formation of the Election Protections and Registrations Agency, you now get a randomized code that triple prints, 1 for your records, 1 for local and federal records. so you may at any point enter in the randomized anonymous code and verify your vote.
G. Alterations of News reporting in regards to voting, something similar to France may be implemented, 48-104 hour ban on news talking about election, preventing disinformation campaigns planned for late stage elections.

Not the first person I've seen talking about altered tallies today, Is there anything new pointing towards this being likely?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

If the vote tallies were fucked with how could we ever trust another election? It's literally the worst case scenario for democracy. I don't think it's that, if there's a nuke it'll be Trump himself was in a meeting about this shit.

LifEndz

feels like Manafort is going to be the first to get arrested. If I was Trump Jr., I'd be buying plane tickets out of the country.

Meier

stringer-criminalfuckingconspiracy.gif

This is so perfect. Well played.

Linkura

feels like Manafort is going to be the first to get arrested. If I was Trump Jr., I'd be buying plane tickets out of the country.
I think that's pretty certain at this point. Shit Trump fired him well before he was even elected for a reason.

Surfinn

The possibility of an actual rigged election scares the shit out of me.

But I'm hoping more along the lines of hard evidence Trump is involved in all this shit.

If the vote tallies were fucked with how could we ever trust another election? It's literally the worst case scenario for democracy. I don't think it's that, if there's a nuke it'll be Trump himself was in a meeting about this shit.

There has to be a real large concern other than just Trump being in some meeting, which everyone kind of expects anyway. They are holding off to protect something. Maybe the country from itself. Sort of like what the ramifications might be if they announced aliens exist and we have UFOs in area 51. American society changes in an instant. They know they can't keep up the lie of this like they could UFO conspiracies because everyone already knows too much about it in the main stream media that are holding off as a courtesy, but it won't last forever. Right now they are just buying time.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

This is my current theory too. I think even 5% accuracy would be unusually high if everything she said was completely made up. Like, it is definitely possible that she guessed the FISA warrant on Carter Page, but that's one hell of a lucky guess.

Also, a lot of people in this thread are talking about a rumored bombshell WaPo article that they've been sitting on. As far as I'm aware, the only sources on that rumor are the Mensch/Taylor crowd. Are there any more reputable sources hinting at that?

I find it difficult to believe that any reporting outlet would hold on to what would be the story of a lifetime at a federal agency's direction.

Remember this story from July?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia...p-associates-before-campaign-began-1499890354
In the spring of 2016, U.S. intelligence officials’ suspicions about Russian meddling in the election grew after their counterparts in Europe warned that Russian money might be flowing into the presidential election, according to officials with knowledge of the warning. It remains unknown if or whether those funds were funneled to a particular campaign or to others to spend it on behalf of candidates.

hmm.....

Returning to paper ballots would be a start. Way harder to fuck with the tallies if you actually need people all over the place physically stuffing the ballot box. If vote tallies were altered, I don't think it's something that was widely known at the RNC or anything like that. Grand conspiracies are almost impossible to pull off since you need so many people to stay quiet.

But yeah, Trump was probably at the meeting.

This is the worst case scenario.

Saying it would be bad for this country is an understatement.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There has to be a real large concern other than just Trump being in some meeting, which everyone kind of expects anyway. They are holding off to protect something. Maybe the country from itself. Sort of like what the ramifications might be if they announced aliens exist and we have UFOs in area 51. American society changes in an instant. They know they can't keep up the lie of this like they could UFO conspiracies because everyone already knows too much about it in the main stream media that are holding off as a courtesy, but it won't last forever. Right now they are just buying time.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

If anything is being held back on it's going to be Trump himself. They can't make a move on him unless it's beyond airtight. The smallest hole in the case and it's gone. Every "i" needs a dot and every "t" a cross. There's no second chances with this shit, they have to get it on the first try.

I find it difficult to believe that any reporting outlet would hold on to what would be the story of a lifetime at a federal agency's direction.

It depends on the story, it's ramifications, and what was promised in return.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.

*takes off tinfoil hat*
A less scary option is they're trying to protect ~sources and methods~ they don't want Russia to know about, like maybe they have a spy high up in the Russian government or something.

LifEndz

If anything is being held back on it's going to be Trump himself. They can't make a move on him unless it's beyond airtight. The smallest hole in the case and it's gone. Every "i" needs a dot and every "t" a cross. There's no second chances with this shit, they have to get it on the first try.

Exactly. Mueller gets one referral to the DOJ on this.

Surfinn

A less scary option is they're trying to protect ~sources and methods~ they don't want Russia to know about, like maybe they have a spy high up in the Russian government or something.

And that they're taking their time to make sure they get every single piece of information correct.

If I remember correctly, the Trump Jr meeting was pieced together over the course of MONTHS.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Rick Wilson is teasing something else.
Can you post a summary? I can't access Twitter right now.

For the record, Wilson was one of the people who hinted about the Steele dossier's existence.

Kensation

Wait, is there talk of this being the case?

Permanently A

That would actually be fucking insane, like what the fuck is the procedure there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

Well there's lots of noise around that idea, but it's pure speculation in the thread based on scale, not information. It's something BIG and vote tampering would be the BIGGEST.

He, Wittes and Pwn all say something else is coming today. (it just isn't the nuclear thing Pwn is aware of that has an unknown ETA)

That's the monday after next. According to my psychic barber.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No, not outside of random internet people and conspiracy theorists. As far as we know the vote itself wasn't tampered with.

That would actually be fucking insane, like what the fuck is the procedure there.

If this did happen--and as far as we know it didn't happen--then it's basically game over for Democracy. There is no procedure for that.

Tahnit

Banned
If tallies were altered that is the stuff governments collapse over. It would destroy democracy.there would be no trust in elections.

jelly

How do you tamper with votes, do states have Republican counters or something and not a neutral overseeing the counts?

Mulberry

I think this is his attempt to shore up his base - this and all the vile doubling down he's been doing the past weeks. I think he knows something bad is coming. He wants his base to get violent.

If his election win is invalid, he would need an armed insurrection to stay in power.

Surfinn

The ultimate irony would be if there were thousands of votes that got changed FOR Trump and that he never won.

But yeah, there's no evidence of fucking with ballots.. yet.

To be honest I kinda hope it stays that way and the actual news is that the GOP party, in large, consists of treasonous assholes who got paid out by Russia

Shoeless

If his election win is invalid, he would need an armed insurrection to stay in power.

I can easily imagine this would happen.

If Charlottesville is anything to go by, he already has a militia of armed forces that even the police are afraid of in terms of firepower. If they see the minorities "taking away even more power," with Fake News about a corrupt election, they'll fight back.

Top Bottom