• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT4| New Ch/Vols! - SEE FIRST POST FOR RULES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the One Piece Color Walk 2 from Viz, I wish they would continue to release them, apart from the interview with Fujiko Fujio, couldnt have been much to translate. Oda could have had one more image of Ace in it, only one, but still cool.

Lovely postcard that came with it.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Billy Bat
I really have no idea where this serie is going, but i like seeing so many known faces of the real world from this mangaka.

survivor

Banned
Honey and Clover vol 2

Still all good. I liked the comedy parts much better this volume. I'm not really liking that Mayama and Rika thing going on. Just not feeling it.

Also reading this reminded me that I need to get back to Yankee-kun and Megane-chan manga as well as Town Where You Rage.

upandaway

Blood Lad

I'm having way too much fun with this fight. The sync between 'em is crazy.

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio 1-27

Hahaha. This is the silliest thing. I couldn't stop smiling through the entire thing just because of the premise. Part of me wants to know what sort of reaction I could get out of someone with a 1 sentence summary of it.

Basically,
suddenly out of nowhere, advanced sci-fi ships pop up and attack humanity. Terrorizing the world and disconnecting continents, several years later the ships become girls. Already the MC is the captain of 3. Thus begins... the battleship harem.

You know something is trying too much when the visual robotish scanning thing can also scan speech bubbles.

For how silly it is, it's still trying to be really serious which is the best thing about it. And although I understand roughly 0.1% of the battles, they're still pretty cool. Submarine warfare. It's neat stuff. And the art can get pretty crazy.

Honey and Clover vol 2

Still all good. I liked the comedy parts much better this volume. I'm not really liking that Mayama and Rika thing going on. Just not feeling it.

Also reading this reminded me that I need to get back to Yankee-kun and Megane-chan manga as well as Town Where You Rage.

Wow i forgot this manga still exists.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
8yhkP.jpg

Lain

Started reading Highschool of the Dead volume 7 as I just got it (along with Triage X, HotD must have been selling well, which pleases me greatly).
I didn't look at the scanlation for chapters after Asami's deal, so this was all new, and it goes from badass to emotional to comic relief in the span of a few pages.
Damn I missed HotD so much. One of the best manga there is.
Saeko teasing bitch and leader is great.

6000 vol 1

Yep, I like this. Always been fascinated by the deep sea and consider it an ideal horror setting. A pressurized underwater facility might not be EXACTLY what I want, but the feeling of isolation and hopefully limited visibility is still there.

Is there a manga where a character knows they are in a manga?

Pretty much any parody manga and a lot of gag ones. Bobobo, Gintama, Excel Saga, etc.

Anteater

Is there a manga where a character knows they are in a manga?

Usually used as a running gag in some mangas. Adachi Mitsuru likes to do that for example, where characters in his mangas would make jokes of his laziness, he would also appear in his mangas every once in a while, and his characters would advertise his other works purposely as a joke.

Akira Toriyama does this too with Dr. Slump, Toriyama is actually a character in the manga, and there was a chapter dedicated to answering fans' questions about his retcons.

Lain

Needless Vol 10
A new volume, a new (awesome) loli, Kana. The faces Disk and Cru-errr Yamada! make after Mio does a perfect German Supplex on the Simeon scumbag were priceless.
The "I don't have hands but... I have got a mouth!" scene is killing me.
And the mustache stuff. This is too good.

gunbo13

Blood Lad

I'm having way too much fun with this fight. The sync between 'em is crazy.
Portals make everything awesome. And Staz is such a troll and is always cheating. Honor amongst nothing in Blad.
Wow i forgot this manga still exists.
That's cause it has gone to crawl status with the complete focus on studying. It's entertaining but we haven't had much going on I think since Adachi's brother's arc.
After being spoiled the ending, I haven't been able to work up the care to read it :(
That really sucks. Like really.

-_-

Banned
Sanka Rea 24
I feel bad for Ranko
(really solidifies that there won't be a love triangle
. Things are gonna get exciting with Buu starting to turn into an "eater"

scy

Zombie moe 24 - Did .. did it just resolve a
love triangle
? This early?

I'm so confused right now.

Hela

Psyren (about half of it)
It's pretty intriguing even though it feels underdeveloped and quite badly paced.
The most interesting stuff is about the future, about what happened, so would the author focus on training so much? Doesn't make much sense other than 'it's a shounen'. Anyway, I really hope there is some closure rather than a non-ending in the last chapters.

KNIM 163

No rage, just sad. :( I even feel a bit bad for Yuzuki.

Edit:
But the old picture just reminded me how much I miss Haruto's blonde childhood friend (forgot the name) and then I remembered why they're not friends anymore.

I shouldn't remember something like that.

Fuck Yuzuki.

KNIM 164

"I told him where this place is, because it would've been so much more interesting to see you fight more ... She left so easily ... How boring."

Rin is such a bitch.

I think I'm in love with her. <3

gunbo13

Zombie Moe (ch 24)

-Key chains found on the floor make great gifts.

You guys are trolls. Furuya just wants Ranko's plump mom instead.

Ch in 3 (benadryl, rejection, cat)

survivor

Banned
Not my fault i'm not popular 10

Does Japan have that grande coffee bullshit too? That's why I never go to Starbucks. Tim Hortons for life

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not my fault i'm not popular 10

Does Japan have that grande coffee bullshit too? That's why I never go to Starbucks. Tim Hortons for life
Well grandes really aren't that big.

Ventis are larger.

Lain

Kyou Koi wo Hajimemasu vol 6

I think Minami Kanan likes too much to have her heroines be helpless idiots that will be taken advantage by the bad guys easily, but I'm liking this one more and more with each volumes, at least compared to the previous stuff of hers I've read.
The relationship between Tsubaki and Kyota has been growing nicely and Kyota has become less of an ass, although he still likes to tease Tsubaki.
The cellphone thing was awkward, but realistic as well.
I'm interested in seeing the Hal stuff develop and learn more about the promise between him and Kyota.
Though the way the volume ends is disappointing, because it brings back memories of Honey & Honey Drops, specifically the blackmailing and attempted rapes.

upandaway

Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio

Oh man oh man oh man. I think he's dead. Oh man.

The northern troops might kill the kid too. Oh man oh man.

Oh man.

Buraiden Gai (start to fin)

Let's freeze Fukumoto. We need to buy more time until we get cloning technology.

Addicted to Curry (v1-2)

Well.

At the very least, I can confirm that what's inside is indeed what you expect from that title.

Some very questionable choices (
"I know your dad, teenage girl living alone" -> "here use the bath and sleep here tonight, homeless stranger"
wat) but yeah I loved every page.

edit
Not fault popular etc

The honey face etc

I know it's not normally good form to link anime from the manga thread but this chapter reminded me so much of this scene from Nichijou.
Feel free, Nichijou was really fun

Articalys

Addicted to Curry (v1-2)

Well.

At the very least, I can confirm that what's inside is indeed what you expect from that title.

Some very questionable choices (
"I know your dad, teenage girl living alone" -> "here use the bath and sleep here tonight, homeless stranger"
wat) but yeah I loved every page.
I wonder if there's any place that's archived all the different curry recipes from that series (or the drinks from Bartender, for that matter). Would make an excellent, if slightly limited in focus, cookbook.

upandaway

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

Called it. That was brutal.

Minoru's not winning this tournament either. Hell now I doubt he'll win any tournament for the next 20 something volumes, shit.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Sun Ken Rock

First off I read the entire thing in like 2 days, and it went from strength to strength...to weird hentai to awesome again.
its been a roller coaster and im not even sure if i like it or not, im interested enough to keep reading but i dont really know any of the characters other than Ken.(Maybe i read through it too fast).

Anyway, i was hoping some detective-gaf members would be able to identify this truck:
mSll6.jpg

0H3Of.jpg

N7v98.jpg

I must know what truck this thing is based off of.
Thanks in advance.

Tower of God 78

End of Part 1, huh? Shame, since I love the recent developments.
I'm hoping against hope that Baam is going to defy protagonist conventions and go apeshit on Rachel the next time their paths cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom