• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi

HE PROMISED BOTH

CHITOGE'S KEY WASN'T THE ONE

PENDANT BROKEN

Onodera Team are having such a rollercoaster. It's insane.

Unfortunately the full effect of this chapter was ruined since IS was slow in translating it, but still:

Nisekoi 29

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It wasn't really destroyed, we just smiled a day earlier.

Also that key scene, hahaha oh man.

Nisekoi

Fuck this shit, fuck you manga, stop toying with my emotions

Really though, if that second revelation wasn't in this chapter, the key scene alone would have been the most trolltastic way to extend the main mystery.

Nisekoi 29

OH SNAP

Nisekoi

It breaks

a1TJc.gif

And then the grandfather reveals what the deal was 10 years ago

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Best manga running in Shonen Jump right now.

lol Nisekoi

Sneaky Raku, making multiple promises to have backup plans.

Now we just need to find out he made a promise to Tsumugi for it to be perfect.

Ruri would be better.

tCp90.gif

Zekes!

Nisekoi

You fucked up Raku

C'mon son, you know you never make promises to girls, especially not two of 'em!

Ore no Kanojo blah blah 13

I never used to pay attention to this until best girl showed up.

If anyone's reading the spinoffs, are they any good?

One is a 4-Koma and the other is like an alternate story, that takes place a month in to the future, where they play up the harem aspect and there's a different third girl. Misuzu acts slightly more jealous/possessive of Eita as well. Honestly I found myself getting confused between the two series (specifically the third girls) 'cause there's not a huge difference between them, at least not at this point.

Prison School

Glad we have another homie on the Prison School crew

Kiyoshi x Hana is my ship

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe Ruri made the promise with Raku, then pretended to be a boy and made a promise with Onodera.

DAT KEIKAKU.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I feel like it's a bit disingenuous to say something's good when it would take a whole year of watching it while it's airing before it gets good.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Watching anime of long-running shonen is almost always a terrible idea.
This is funny, because when I decided I would join in on the OP fun and marathon it, the OP manga was boring me so much that I had to switch to the anime for quite a while early on.

Kreed

I feel like it's a bit disingenuous to say something's good when it would take a whole year of watching it while it's airing before it gets good.

That's the general nature of shounen series and how they are rated. Most people don't rate a series based on how it was/is overall vs how enjoyable the series is currently. And in One Piece's case, it's better to start out average and get good, vs starting out good and becoming average to horrible.

One Piece takes so long to start getting good.

Reminds me of when people say random modern rpg xyz takes >20hrs to start getting good. Comparing animes, I like it when they just get right into the action and are good, like Hxh, or Fairy Tail, or Bleach....while One Piece...nothing seems truly tense until way in the late 30s or 40s.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's the general nature of shounen series and how they are rated. Most people don't rate a series based on how it was/is overall vs how enjoyable the series is currently. And in One Piece's case, it's better to start out average and get good, vs starting out good and becoming average to horrible.

"Hello Naruto. This Zabuza arc sure is grand, I expect great things from your story in the future."

*sadface*

Nononono

One thing I love about this series is even when stupid shit is going on, it's completely unpredictable and tense. I honestly have no clue what is going to happen. Hell, Kishitani might seriously die.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
man, i wish tail star wasnt a monthy, or bimonthly or whatever it is. such a good series...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi isn't really close to being over since he hasn't even determined that he wants to bone Chitoge yet, which is totally going to happen, and totally take 100 chapters to occur.

I find it kind of funny/sad that Nisekoi is now longer than Double Arts. Nisekoi actually seems really popular based on the polls that they run.

BatDan

Guys, let's be honest. One Piece is honestly super bland until Mihawk shows up.

Yeah... at least he shows up fairly early. Kuro and Krieg were only there to show how strong Luffy was, thus their lack of connection to the plot afterwards.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One piece, and the big 3 really, are just way too big for me as a newcomer to go in.

Though for naruto it was mostly because I found the characters really boring.

BatDan

Deadman Wonderland

So have all the chapters been translated/released? I know it's currently on hiatus but I want to make sure everything is all caught up.

Gvaz

Banned
One Piece is shit unless luffy is punching the shit out of something or about to.

I couldn't care less about any of the side characters ever. I just want to see some fucking gum gum pistol into a dude's face from a football field away or him machine-gunning the fuck out of a boat

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not surprised your taste isn't very exquisite in comparison to my own. Well not everyone can truly have the class and intelligence at appreciating the arts I suppose.
A non-Wedensday Big One appearance! Savor it, fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom