• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Yawarakai Onna vol 1 END

A pretty good collection of short stories about bunch of people meeting up with random people and interesting shit happening. Also the author knows how to draw some fine looking women.

Okay, that was a pretty good read. I hope they finish translating the rest of them sometime (somewhere i read that there are 8 short stories...)

Dresden

CoZLm.png

ghyBB.jpg

Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style

So randomly I was checking on updates, and there's a Front Mission manga based on the series? As far as story goes I think it's loosely based on the 2nd Huffman conflict. Not sure what game that falls on but it's really solid. OCU & USN tensions man in gritty manga form. I highly recommend it for the whole war is bad but business angel. For warning NSFW

scy

Nisekoi should be Double Arts in the future. Have one chapter where they find a book that talks about the history of the world and have a 100 chapters flashback that is basically the continuation of Double Arts.

I'd probably be okay with this.

survivor

Banned
Okay, that was a pretty good read. I hope they finish translating the rest of them sometime (somewhere i read that there are 8 short stories...)
Been like 8 months since last translated chapter so I just gave up hope on them finishing it. Oh well, at least they are all short stories so it's not like we are missing some conclusion.

Bousou Shojo

Public announcement to smutgaf: READ THIS MANGA, it will change your life

There are so many pictures that I can post to showcase it's awesomeness but they are all extremely NSFW

upandaway

Cage of Eden

How.. clothes.. plan.. boobs... boobs?

Boobs!!

Sensei no Bulge

Not much to say. I figured by ch4 we'll get some sort of development but still nothing.. oh well.

They put a blanket over him to block out the sun, otherwise the titan would recharge its power and there goes the neighborhood.
I know about the solar panel deal, no problem with that part.

Solune

http://i.imgur.com/ghyBB.jpg?1

Front Mission - Dog Life & Dog Style

So randomly I was checking on updates, and there's a Front Mission manga based on the series? As far as story goes I think it's loosely based on the 2nd Huffman conflict. Not sure what game that falls on but it's really solid. OCU & USN tensions man in gritty manga form. I highly recommend it for the whole war is bad but business angel. For warning NSFW

The first game and the remake are the start of the 2nd Huffman conflict.

survivor

Banned
Green Blood

It's a manga by the same guy that did Hideout so it has grim art and it's very violent. It's set in New York after the end of the civil war and follows some badass assassin fighting against other gangs in the city's worst slum. Pretty good stuff.

survivor

Banned
Kamen Teacher vol 1-4 END

A manga about a teacher that goes to a school full of delinquents and starts beating them as his other persona, Kamen Teacher. Fun read but it did lose steam by the last volume.

Dresden

A manga about a teacher that goes to a school full of delinquents and starts beating them as his other persona, Kamen Teacher. Fun read but it did lose steam by the last volume.
kinda got old by the end of the first volume for me.

Solune

I'm sure Fujisawa just wanted to bring back "Onizuka" and beat the shit out of people. It's like GTO but without all the shenanigans, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

Trinity Seven shows how an actual good MC can vastly improve a harem manga.

Exactly !
Flustering, babbling, being surprised non-stop by god knows what, Kasuga knows none of that shit.
He's frivolous and yet knows when to act seriously. He's nonchalant and always comes with good comebacks/repartees.

Kasuga's got some swag yo.

Freezing 92

Chiffonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. There goes the best character of Freezing.
Well... Yeah. Then it just shits on the other two from there.
Of course, especially all those overcrowded panels filled with meaningless speech bobbles.
I mean seriously, understanding what´s going on is so overrated.

gunbo13

Kasuga's got some swag yo.
Yea but he belongs to the cousin rape crew so he aint going to cap.
Freezing 92

Chiffonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. There goes the best character of Freezing.
Meh, once she opened her eyes that was closure. Like I said before though, you can't have such an OP walking around. Lana is going to get some stuff soon. Once she gets her arms back...lol.

PS: Got to read manga today. Was playing this thing called a "video game" this weekend.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
uggh manga gaf, why must we argue about the big 3 constantly. Its not even Wed, no one cares what anyone thinks about One Piece. We just keep retreading the same conversations.

I thought all discussion was cyclic, so the same way we argue about the same things about the same big 3, we should theorically arrive at the same Aunt Tits discussion.
But we can diversify if you want. After all it's a work of art so rich it can span endless discussion.

uggh manga gaf, why must we argue about the big 3 constantly. Its not even Wed, no one cares what anyone thinks about One Piece. We just keep retreading the same conversations.

To be fair, discussion has gotten A LOT more varied as of late. Sometimes people even talk about shoujo. And I mean this was originally the official Weekly Shounen Jump thread at one point, so that's pretty impressive.

Dresden

The only actual discussions are about the Big 3/The Real Big 3/Nisekoi Z because anything outside of that is just people cataloguing what they read recently.

Zekes!

Bousou Shojo

Public announcement to smutgaf: READ THIS MANGA, it will change your life

There are so many pictures that I can post to showcase it's awesomeness but they are all extremely NSFW[/QUOTE]

This is great. I'm surprised I never heard of it 'cause I used to be down with all of Solaris' translations.

survivor

Banned
Bousou Shojo 0-1

Wait, what ?

I think I'm going to create a word to describe this kind of manga. It'll be called Whait?
Reverse rape? Also read Glass no Megami

survivor you run through so many manga each week it seems, wow.
They are all mostly short manga.

I thought all discussion was cyclic, so the same way we argue about the same things about the same big 3, we should theorically arrive at the same Aunt Tits discussion.
But we can diversify if you want. After all it's a work of art so rich it can span endless discussion.
Only way the cycle will be broken is when the next big thing happens. The last two were Nisekoi and Aunt Tits, I wonder if the next one will be a battle manga

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There really hasn't been serious or constant debate over it since Big One got sent to Coventry.

gunbo13

Three pages ago.
I laughed.
The only actual discussions are about the Big 3/The Real Big 3/Nisekoi Z because anything outside of that is just people cataloguing what they read recently.
Which is good though. A lot of our reads are picked up from other readers. Which reminds me that I should think about the next manga bet... Most discussion outside the big 3 is messing around for the lolz or choosing the best girl. I'm OK with that. We're more like a manga colony who just share stuff.

Which is good though. A lot of our reads are picked up from other readers. Which reminds me that I should think about the next manga bet... Most discussion outside the big 3 is messing around for the lolz or choosing the best girl. I'm OK with that. We're more like a manga colony who just share stuff.

didn't the last one got fucked anyways since i don't remember seeing any reviews from the invovled...

survivor

Banned
Shima Shima vol 1 (Sayaka Yamazaki)

jxjGACo05xtVI.jpg

Shio Houkigi runs an aromatherapy salon by day, but has another occupation by night. She runs "Striped Sheep," a service that provides relief to women who have a hard time falling asleep without a man by their side.

That was very unique. The entire idea of running a service where men go to lonely women and sleep with them (no sex) is something I would have never imagined. I thought they were going the episodic route with each chapter focusing on a different job but there is a big focus on Shio hooking up with someone and I guess at one point focusing on the guys working for Stripped Sheep.

Sadly only the first volume is translated and if there is a manga god then the rest will be translated soon. Oh yeah I also noticed the Amazon reviews for the last volume were very harsh in comparison to other the volumes. From what I could understand from Google translate, it seemed like it had a terrible ending

The next one should be Binbougami ga. Hopefully the anime will bring in the fans.
I feel like it will end up like Gintama, more people caring about the anime and not giving a shit about the manga

Yea because I took that vacation after I started it. ;) Totally my fault and I'll have to take a penalty read for that.

But people seemed to like the idea of a group bet so we'll see.
Read One Piece :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I see you guys are prepping for wednesday already lol

That already happened

I forgot he has a job now or something

Mostly he just posts one troll post every Wed., gets ignored and then leaves until the next Wed., although I suppose it's not really being sent to Coventry if we're talking about it.

I remember when Bakuman was the popular 'new' pickup that MangaGAF was all picking up. Right around when Detective Trap was cancelled.

upandaway

I feel like it will end up like Gintama, more people caring about the anime and not giving a shit about the manga
I'm sure people would care about Gintama's manga if it didn't have a hole of 30 chapters in the middle of it. Kinda hard to read it weekly like this.

Sai

Nobody's shown any interest in filling up that gap? That's one of the reasons I've been holding off on catching up with Gintama. :/

upandaway

Nobody's shown any interest in filling up that gap? That's one of the reasons I've been holding off on catching up with Gintama. :/
The group's been trying to for like a year now (and they already did 2 volumes ever since they declared that), but what they're doing is doing the weekly chapters and filling the gap in the spare time.

When it's finally filled, there would be like 9 billion chapters to read in one go. (though I think the anime might as well resume before the hole's filled)

Solune

Sometimes I get you mixed up with ShockingAlberto. Sometimes.

It's true because alot of people don't bother to pick up what's being catalogued. Haven't seen Lain post anything in forever. The last few things were Aku no Hana, Magi, Nisekoi, Aunt tits. Most of these are weekly too.

Main things that don't get talked about are stuff like shoujo outside of a few posters. And interest has dwindled in other ongoing stuff like Magico

Angry Grimace

Sometimes I get you mixed up with ShockingAlberto. Sometimes.

It's true because alot of people don't bother to pick up what's being catalogued. Haven't seen Lain post anything in forever. The last few things were Aku no Hana, Magi, Nisekoi, Aunt tits. Most of these are weekly too.

Main things that don't get talked about are stuff like shoujo outside of a few posters. And interest has dwindled in other ongoing stuff like Magico

People will pick up ongoing shonen crap, but it usually needs to be longer or have enough waifus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom