• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Hinamatsuri ch. 1-6

Three of you backed this, so I had to see what was up sooner rather than later. It's pretty fun. The first chapter is a bit underwhelming for an opener admittedly, but things are pretty humorous past that. Hina chucking the fishing rod into the sea got me good. Will catch up more on the weekend.

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch. 1-6

Three of you backed this, so I had to see what was up sooner rather than later. It's pretty fun. The first chapter is a bit underwhelming for an opener admittedly, but things are pretty humorous past that. Hina chucking the fishing rod into the sea got me good. Will catch up more on the weekend.

It gets better as it goes on and more characters get to shine.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

My guess is that all he has to do is get the judges to taste it since Eizan doesn't actually try during the Shokugeki. The judges aren't actually "bribed" they're just favorable to Central's plan.

I'm gonna guess the approach here will be similar to what happened with that lady on the first chapters: the judges will underestimate Soma and then will get tempted to eat his food, ultimately leading to his victory. Otherwise, I'm bracing myself for some shonen madness (not that I don't like that from time to time)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna guess the approach here will be similar to what happened with that lady on the first chapters: the judges will underestimate Soma and then will get tempted to eat his food, ultimately leading to his victory. Otherwise, I'm bracing myself for some shonen madness (not that I don't like that from time to time)

I'm hoping this is some kind of team effort and not "Soma saves the day with his OP Shonen cooking yet again."

I'm hoping this is some kind of team effort and not "Soma saves the day with his OP Shonen cooking yet again."

How so? Team focused as in they help Soma create the dish (somewhat similar to helping Soma with his finals dish, but with all of polar star and more involvement)? Because Shokugekis are one on one. I think them all putting their specialties into the dish is definitely possible though, with Soma finding a way to tie it all together

Numb

this is around a week old but
Qju3HSb.png

man it is probably due to all the awesome art and shading we got for the past few weeks.... the dude literally sometimes draws chapters as comparable to those series that release monthly

Dang.
Dang.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Can't say I agree with any of you guys' suggestions so far, I'll be really surprised if the manga goes in one of those traditional routes. It doesn't feel that way at all

I'm guessing Erina will play into this in some way. However Soma plans on forcing Eizan's hand it won't be through the normal "make a dish so good that it'll win", that's what I think

One Piece

(pssst they're not actually dead)

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma

Can't say I agree with any of you guys' suggestions so far, I'll be really surprised if the manga goes in one of those traditional routes. It doesn't feel that way at all

I'm guessing Erina will play into this in some way. However Soma plans on forcing Eizan's hand it won't be through the normal "make a dish so good that it'll win", that's what I think

One Piece

(pssst they're not actually dead)

I just want to see the other people play some kind of role in this (in getting the judges to eat it). It doesn't seem like Soma's problem is coming up with a dish to beat Eizan since Eizan doesn't try.

phaze

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-31
It has taken me a long. long time to get accustomed to this art style and even now, I'm not entirely fond of it. Though weirdly enough from the beginning, I loved those infrequent scenes where the author goes for this more painterly and abstract approach, particularly in the night setting. The story so far isn't very unique, bah, cliche is what I would call it so far (lone great warrior with a dark side tries to forge a new life but his past continues to haunt him) but the resolution for the Kikuchi arc was pretty surprising and I hope it will continue in that vein.

D.Gray-man 1-20

Alan's backstory seems awfully similar to Edward's. Even their designs resemble each other somewhat.

Not really feeling this so far. Does it have any "gets good" moment I could hope to latch on to ? (please don't say chapter 120)

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-31

It has taken me a long. long time to get accustomed to this art style and even now, I'm not entirely fond of it. Though weirdly enough from the beginning, I loved those infrequent scenes where the author goes for this more painterly and abstract approach, particularly in the night setting. The story so far isn't very unique, bah, cliche is what I would call it so far (lone great warrior with a dark side tries to forge a new life but his past continues to haunt him) but the resolution for the Kikuchi arc was pretty surprising and I hope it will continue in that vein.

D.Gray-man 1-20

Alan's backstory seems awfully similar to Edward's. Even their designs resemble each other somewhat.

Not really feeling this so far. Does it have any "gets good" moment I could hope to latch on ? (please don't say chapter 120)

I remember finding Crowley's arc to be the point I found the manga more enjoyable....so chapter 31.

Takemitsu Zamurai 1-31

D.Gray-man 1-20

Not really feeling this so far. Does it have any "gets good" moment I could hope to latch on to ? (please don't say chapter 120)

The Edo arc is really good which happens after the Crowley arc which someone above mentioned

D Gray Man ~160

Who put this anime filler in my manga? A comedic zombie invasion is so wrong after where the story had been building its bizarre tonal whiplash.

It's gets really confusing once you get into the whole 14th/Allen/Mana/Earl business. An arc dealing with Kanda's coming up and it's pretty good but everything after it is pretty convoluted.

The all the hiatuses due to carpal tunnel probably screwed up her pacing for the rest of the series (because it definitely shows when one arc ends then goes to another then stops and picks up again midway).

It's gets really confusing once you get into the whole 14th/Allen/Mana/Earl business. An arc dealing with Kanda's coming up and it's pretty good but everything after it is pretty convoluted.

The all the hiatuses due to carpal tunnel probably screwed up her pacing for the rest of the series (because it definitely shows when one arc ends then goes to another then stops and picks up again midway).

I didn't find the Allen/14th thing to be that difficult to follow. Though perhaps it gets more involved past where I'm at (in the 170s).

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko! ch.190
Carol, how many times has she hit you, and how does this hurt more than usual? Somehow I doubt it's a small number.

Nukoduke! ch.67
It's a mystery~

LOVE/DEATH: Nicochuu ch.2
That prez must be feeling the worst pressure having to not interfere with their love.

Umibozu

one piece 805
samurai jack or jack sparrow?
it is to be seen

Taki Takanosuke no Sanpo Jikan 9
Another woman has fallen for the charms of mr. takanosuke. She was trying to sell him the services of the company he used to run. Wish the chapters were longer.

About Soma, I can see this goes two ways

1. Erina helps. Aizen needs her for his plan so she is probably immune.

2. Soma somehow gets people like Dojima or Shinomiya to judge. Alumni wouldn't accept bribes.

Probably the first option.

G.ZZZ

Toriko 345

Komatsu hears all the twisted things they do and the first thing he says is "I am going to help you with your projects"

I know we jumped the shark long ago but this explanation for Another lol

Still a awesome explanation for the back-channel, etc.. I wonder if Goku's instantaneous transition is similar

And Another leaving fracture in space-time is lol as well

I'm starting to think than the ability to "hear the ingredients" is essentially just the ability to hear gourmet devils. That's why Komatsu say that "she sounded familiars", because she's the voice that he always hear and tell him how to cook foods, fhroze's ex gourmet's devil. A Devi that apparently shit on everyone else seeing how he cook instantly ingredients that would need dozens of years to prepare.

So essentially he's a fucking hack that is being whispered cheat codes.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shokugeki no Soma 141

3 and 1/2 years already passed?

About Soma, I can see this goes two ways

1. Erina helps. Aizen needs her for his plan so she is probably immune.

2. Soma somehow gets people like Dojima or Shinomiya to judge. Alumni wouldn't accept bribes.

Probably the first option.

1 and finds out soma's father.

bobohoro

UQ Holder 1-68

This is kinda worse than I'd hoped. The opening is pretty rough, I would have prefered it if either the country-setting would have been given some chapters to establish characters more, or the story would have started with the Holder organization to begin with. Like this, it just feels unfocused and rushed. The fights themselves are pretty nice, but every plot setting thus far, slums, airport and school, never really seemed coherent and it nearly felt like three different mangas slapped together. I also don't really like all the half-baked gore, or how the stakes escalate to world destruction so quickly. And Touta himself is kinda fun, but also a rather boring character all around.

Witches of the Forest of Solitude (one-shot)
♪ All by myself
Waiting for a "friend" to show ♫

A sweet little short about two witches and their dependency issues. Art was slightly rough in places, but otherwise this was the kind of story I'll lap up like blood from an axe wound. The mild bitterness to the pair's relationship gives it a more appealing flavour. Also I choose to believe that the snow wiped out the village, because something something karma.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no Soma 141
Of course Soma challenge Eizan/Aizen to shokugeki...
The only problem is how he's going to turn this around. Using smell to make the judge eat them? ex-Elite ten member to be the judge? Finding out that the reason that Eizan obsession with money is to help his debt ridden family, then invite his family to be the judge? Soma whipping out gun and start shooting the judge before they even start judging? Snuffing Eizan the day before Shokugeki to make Soma win by default? Bribe Eizan with sex to reconsider Polar Star Dorm? Soma losing the Shokugeki, then it was revealed that the one that got expelled is actually phantom Soma? Pa...ra...site...ham...bur...ger... The possibility is endless!

Dungeon Meshi 17

Cute flashback. I'm still amazed by this manga world building. The author manage to explain the dungeon system without being boring thanks to his/her pleasant artstyle.

Fukumoto all star 4

Kurosawa still suffer even in 4koma comedy manga adaptation. LMAO

Nomi Joshi 11

Ah yes, the temptation to go all out after gym...

I'm starting to think than the ability to "hear the ingredients" is essentially just the ability to hear gourmet devils. That's why Komatsu say that "she sounded familiars", because she's the voice that he always hear and tell him how to cook foods, fhroze's ex gourmet's devil. A Devi that apparently shit on everyone else seeing how he cook instantly ingredients that would need dozens of years to prepare.

So essentially he's a fucking hack that is being whispered cheat codes.

lol it makes complete sense too

Marche90

One-Punch Man 54.1

Another 8 pages chapter? Boo...
Not much happened here

Nisekoi 192

She's a crazy one indeed. Also, trouble multiplied, but at least it looks like Honda finally revealed her true colors, lol

Shokugeki no Soma 141

Eizan's a freaking prick. Glad to see Soma stepping up to the plate.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Nomi Joshi ch. 11

Work out a little, drink a fuggin' lot. This isn't unfamiliar territory to me.

One Punch Man ch. 82

eh

Zweizer

Banned
The Witches of the Forest of Solitude (One-shot) by Huyou Satoyoshi and Yatosaki Haru

A tale of a two witches' cursed existence. The story or art aren't particularily outstanding, but it overall makes for a nice fairy tale-ish story of love, hatred and sorrow.

Zephyx

Soma 141

That last page. Hype!

Now that I think about it.. who will be the judges for this match? Would it be members of the E10, Erina or some other people? Either way, it would be a good chance to see how far Soma's cooking has evolved since he's fighting an E10 member now.

Nisekoi 192

Sounds like this arc is far from over. At least Honda's changed sides now.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Nisekoi 192

I love when Nisekoi gets all battle shonen-y.

Sousei no Onmyouji (caught up)

So her brother is a literal psychopath that blew both of her legs off because she was annoying him.

And then proceeded to punch a literal hole through her fiancee. Got it.

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch. 1-6

Have you seen Hitomi?

She's the best thing in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom