• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Place Your Legs Here (One-shot) by Osawa Amane

gBpnTMG.png

Yuri and legs. Pretty romantic, in spite of what it might seem.

bobohoro

UQ Holder 99

Aaaaand I already catched up. Overall I think it's extremely average. Especially considering the background/world/setting that it can build on as a sequel to Negima. It's just way worse in every single thing, be it art, plot or characters. Kinda sad that he didn't expand on the ending of Negima more and instead tried his hand at this.

ReAca 27

No what did he do to my king of derp faces Yuuma. Please let him return (though this new Yuuma seems like he'll be really cool and such). Even though we knew there are two Yuuma's its still shocking to see this playout like this. I need the next chapter.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 51

cxBtBld.jpg

I see some Lovecraftian shit going on.

Man is Noro extremely insane. He slaughtered all those investigators within seconds. I'm loving the the character development for the Qs so far. Seeing Mutsuki run across Noro's Kagune was badass. But Shirazu was the star of the group, using the Nutcracker quinque and overcoming it. The Quinque expanding and exploding was amazing. It was worth the wait.

Also yoooooooooo Haise using his legs to rip Kanae's head off was insane. It was a great chapter.

Qurupeke

TG:re 51

That picture of Noro was really something else... I remember reading a theory recently that Noro is part of Eto's kagune. I wonder if it's true. I mean, he never speaks, he is inhuman, and the last time we saw Eto's kagune, it was full of mouths, hands and other human parts.

Also, I hope Kanae won't die so soon. I want to see more of his madness.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
That was a solid chapter of TG:re. Holy smokes. Shirazu's quinque and the leg "lock" at the end were crazy. This seems to be some endgame like shit right now. Holy smokes.

Tamanon

Banned
Soma 141

Hmm, I don't think it actually said that Soma himself was challenging Eizan to a Shokugeki. He might've just been delivering Erina's one!

I got so excited when I was on Kodansha USA's site earlier and saw Fuuka and Space Brothers listed for a Novemebr 3rd release. Turned out to be digital only volumes. Fuck off.

kinger256

Hirunaka no Ryuusei 78 (End)

Fuck this world. Absolutely devastating. All the signs pointed to sensei winning but it was just a ploy to wait until the last possible page to hammer the fucking nail in my heart.

Probably gonna be emotionally traumatized for next couple weeks thanks to this.

School Mermaid 10-12
Everyone in this excursion was either an A-rank jerk, chronically stupid or both, especially given the risks involved. I'll take the outcome, but it wasn't as satisfying as either of the FLOWER GARDEN ends. Still unclear on what causes the mermaids to attack people, and with the end fast approaching I'm not confident it'll be explained. Will really miss this when it's over.

Lain

Ancient Magus Bride and My Hero Academia announced in Italy (by a good publisher, so they'll come out). I'll double-dip for Ancient Magus Bride but not My Hero Academia.

They have been asked a question about Breaker to which they gave this answer:
The Breaker: il prossimo anno l'autore inizierà la terza parte, ma New Waves è comunque già conclusa in Corea.
They claim the author will start the third part next year. That feels sooner than it seemed from what the authors said at the end of New Waves, unless I'm not remembering correctly.

LeleSocho

Banned
Ancient Magus Bride and My Hero Academia announced in Italy (by a good publisher, so they'll come out). I'll double-dip for Ancient Magus Bride but not My Hero Academia.

They have been asked a question about Breaker to which they gave this answer:

They claim the author will start the third part next year. That feels sooner than it seemed from what the authors said at the end of New Waves, unless I'm not remembering correctly.

Urrà per Star Comics!

Revo

the intent always sounded like it'd be longer but i guess if whatever new thing they wanted to do flopped/was rather short (maybe they is what they meant by light?)/were pressured a lot to start s3 earlier than expected

either way my feeling was that'd it be closer to 2020 than now that they'd be starting s3 but woo if that's not the case

phaze

TG :re 51

Bye bye Quinx. Noro must have really taken all those complains about too many characters to heart huh.

In terms of flying heads, torsos and the general delimbification this arc might have overtaken Anteiku raid. Glorious.

Zweizer

Banned
Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch98

That sure took a dramatic turn. Akalyn so OP.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa ch7.5, 16.5, 25.5

Shima stays losing.

Umibozu

Kiss My Ass 12
Not the ending I was hoping for, but better than the direction it was headed.
Another series cancelled before its time.

Nisekoi 192

Call in Ninja Squad... send a large ninja squad to capture a young girl that isn't really resisting and is also not in enemies hands due to top Ninja already capturing her.
Have Top Ninja betray Mother and defend the young girl from the Ninja Squad.

It would've been better if the author made the Ninja Squad go after Marika when she was still on the ladder and then have her be attacked by the Ninja Squad only to have the top Ninja betray the mother

ryan13ts

Nanatsu no Taizai

Oh dear god, I can't wait until the next chapter. Escanor is about to seriously wreck their shit. I'm predicting a one-hitter-quitter.

Also, Ban and others might not be in too good of a situation too, considering the only other time we've seen him even Merlin thought it wise to knock his ass out. Sometime tells me he's got a short fuse, even with comrades.

Nanatsu no Taizai

Oh dear god, I can't wait until the next chapter. Escanor is about to seriously wreck their shit. I'm predicting a one-hitter-quitter.

Also, Ban and others might not be in too good of a situation too, considering the only other time we've seen him even Merlin thought it wise to knock his ass out. Sometime tells me he's got a short fuse, even with comrades.

Yeah I'm thinking OHKO here since Galan said "he can have the first hit". When they're comparing him to Meliodas you know Escanor is gonna be real.

ryan13ts

Yeah I'm thinking OHKO here since Galan said "he can have the first hit". When they're comparing him to Meliodas you know Escanor is gonna be real.

Indeed, even Meliodas said Escanor is stronger than him (in the daytime of course, and I'm assuming that's pure physical power)

Also, am I the only one that thinks it's weird that Escanor's wanted poster looks absolutely nothing like him? Meliodas is the same, but his seems to be for a reason, since that one Commandment guy looks exactly like the poster. I'm guessing Suzuki initially envisioned Escanor being an older guy intially but changed that over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom