• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
Akagi ch279

Here we go again.

The New Kurosawa ch46

So pitiful. These girls are really too nice, but I expect them to lose patience soon.

Assassination Classroom 173

HOLY SHIT

I was...not expecting that, which is stupid because the author of Neuro doesn't give two fucks about killing main characters 150+ chapters in but goddam. That was brutal.

I'm sure she's not actually dead but that didn't make the actual hit any less fucking harsh. That's probably the most violent thing we've seen in this manga.

TheFlow

Banned
Hero academy 76!

That was the greatest single chapter of a manga I have ever read in my life. I might be exaggerating but that almost made me tear up.

NY Times top selling manga Jan 17-23
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*2. Naruto: The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring Vol.1
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*6. Twin Star Exorcists Vol.3
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
*8. My Monster Secret: "Actually, I am..." Vol.1
*9. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

Previous Week
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*8. Naruto Vol.72
*9. My Monster Secret: "Actually, I am..." Vol.1
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Takemitsu Zamurai 3
The climax(?) of Soichirou and Kikuchi fight. It end in an anticlimatic manner, which Souchirou failed to land a finishing blow since he use his bamboo sword instead of a real sword and Kikuchi getting arrested by the magistrate. I wonder if Souichirou can keep his 'demon' by the end of this manga...

*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
*9. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

Previous Week
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*8. Naruto Vol.72
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4

ONE PAUNCH

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Arte 1-6
The setting, Firenze, Italy 16th century
Arte, a young noble girl who love painting decide to become an appentice after her mother force her to quit painting. After struggling since female apprentice was not a norm at a time, she finally taken as an apprentice by Leo, a gruff looking man who never taken an apprentice before.
Interesting premise, setting, and gorgeous artwork.

Puruzi

Banned
MHA 76

rejoice.png

Zweizer

Banned
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*5. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*7. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4
*9. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1

Previous Week
*1. One-Punch Man Vol.4
*3. One-Punch Man Vol.1
*4. Blue Exorcist Vol.14
*5. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.1
*6. One-Punch Man Vol.3
*7. One-Punch Man Vol.2
*8. Naruto Vol.72
10. Tokyo Ghoul Vol.4

OPM dominating the charts. That's pretty impressive.

Jitsu wa is doing pretty well too, nice.

Glad, Actually I am is doing decently here. What does it pick up? The first four chapters weren't as entertaining as I though, and the art wasn't as expressive as I've seen screens from it....

Nordicus

Glad, Actually I am is doing decently here. What does it pick up? The first four chapters weren't as entertaining as I though, and the art wasn't as expressive as I've seen screens from it....
If I had to put a number on it, then it'd be chapter 16 when Jitsu Wa really picks up

Whoa, didn't know Fire Brigade was from the Soul Eater guy.

And looks like I have to pick up Assassination Classroom again

Unfortunately, after the flashback arc, most of the arcs were actually pretty bad =/

There was humor here and there but it felt like they kinda betrayed the idea of the series as well as had a lot of characters act out of character. It had a small elevation in the team battle arc but it seems to have found it's footing again with the current arc ESPECIALLY the last couple chapters.

BIG SPOILERS FOR ASSASS CLASSCLASS AND NEURO

I was honestly not expecting Kayano to get straight up wrecked like she was because this work is much less violent than the mangaka's previous work Neuro. I also expect Kayano to not be dead since a lot of previous "deaths" in the series were not actual deaths like Lovro's. I think that's mainly because Neuro was a seinen series and Assass is shonen and he had to tone down a lot of his normal themes and violence to make it more kid friendly. THAT BEING SAID the dude is not at all afraid to kill major characters as in Neuro the death of the Detective was completely surprising to literally everyone who read it and it was insanely impactful. If he does keep Kayano dead I will be surprised but only because it's shonen and not because the author is afraid to kill characters off.

Edit: Yeah, Fire Brigade is kinda balls. I love the dude's art and liked Soul Eater a lot but...the writing in this and characters are super sloppy and dumb. I can swallow a lot of fan service bullcrap but oh my god the chapter where she literally fell boobs or ass first into dozens of people was so horrible I almost dropped it.

Onigiri Sasa 1-4

Well this is weird. 4 chapters without getting enough information to determine just WHY these demons are a threat when they've only been portrayed as passive, model citizens. Everything we've seen leads me to believe the main characters are the bad guys, but it isn't totally presented that way.

Also the dad is a total creep scumbag pedophile and the fact he's a main character is going to make this a rough, yet potentially fascinating read.

Jump Ranking #9
Boku no Hero Academia (Cover, Lead CP)
Shokugeki no Souma
One Piece
Sesuji wo Pin! to (CP)
Assassination Classroom
Haikyuu!!
Tsuuten-gai Scrap (CP, One Shot)
Mononofu
Hinomaru Zumou
Nisekoi
Black Clover
Samon-kun wa Summoner
World Trigger
Toriko
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Gintama
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Bleach
Buddy Strike
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Shounen Jump Issue 10:
Cover, Lead CP: Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (New Series by Miura Tadahiro (illustrator of Koisome Momiji))
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Hinomaru Zumou, Mononofu

Shounen Jump Issue 11:
Cover, Lead CP: Kime no Yaiba (New Series by Kotouge Koyoharu)

everyone loves soma again
look at mononofu raise
rip buddy strike and something else probably

Droplet

Jump is pretty much just letting him finish at this point.

I figured that would have been the case when it was announced it was ending, but it feels like it's been doing so for 5 years. But I guess if it's not a net loss it's better than taking a chance on a new series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom