• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Tokyo Ghoul: re 62
uhh chapter feels awkward, Eto coming in to get captured right after her speech in the last chapter is pretty weird, especially when there's a fight on the island?

Flashback didn't really tell us much either

and kuzen sure aged fast during those 14 years...

still wonder if Eto could actually eat normal food, there are other drinks outside of coffee in her apartment, we've seen her eating other stuff in the past

assuming there isn't a fight between Eto and CCG, wonder if Kaneki will be promoted again if Eto is captured... and surely someone else is currently leading Aogiri?

So I guess Eto was contacted by her editor, so she made the speech and handed herself in

phaze

TG :re 62
Wait what ?

Tokyo Ghoul: re 62
hmm chapter feels awkward, Eto coming in to get captured right after her speech in the last chapter is pretty weird, especially when there's a fight on the island?

Yeah that part is just bizarre.
Maybe the part on island is already a thing of a fairly distant past.

About the only explanation I've for Eto's actions is that she struck some kind of deal with Kaneki offpanel. (Edit: Maybe Mutsuki was already captured and Eto blackmails Kaneki ?) Who I'll imagine is doing that to save Hinami.

Anteater

TG :re 62
Wait what ?

Yeah that part is just bizarre.
Maybe the part on island is already a thing of a fairly distant past.

About the only explanation I've for Eto's actions is that she struck some kind of deal with Kaneki offpanel. (Edit: Maybe Mutsuki was already captured and Eto blackmails Kaneki ?) Who I'll imagine is doing that to save Hinami.

That would make a lot of sense, it's really weird because they jumped around between scenes way too quickly, from the start of the interrogation, Kaneki attending the meeting at CCG, Furuta working on his search and then talking to Arima, they all look like they're all happening at the same time...

Droplet

Arte 1-6

Definitely into this so far. Arte strikes a good balance between the aristocratic heroine learning to adapt to a commoner's life and the already free-spirited heroine overcoming the adversity of her male peers. I'm hoping it doesn't focus too heavily on the romance aspect, but with the direction it's gone so far I can't see it becoming a crutch for drama, so that's probably good.

All Rounder Meguru 104

NisRSai.png

Why is Maki so lewd.

The previous chapters had backstory for Takashi, but to be honest it was told in a pretty scatter-shot way.

Aho Girl 62

Worth it for the 3-way punch alone. I did laugh pretty hard when the rude girl started crying and Aki was like "Oh...um...wait...crap..."

Sekitou Elegy 50

Oh hey, it exists. MC still needs to get his fucking act together but this chapter was pretty good cause he stood up for himself.

Karakuri Circus 208

Jesus Narumi, you can't punch a girl with that new body of yours you'll fucking break her in half.

Rockenfield. ;_______;

This is seriously one of the best manga that nobody reads. What magazine does it even run in?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Karakuri Circus 208

Jesus Narumi, you can't punch a girl with that new body of yours you'll fucking break her in half.

Rockenfield. ;_______;

This is seriously one of the best manga that nobody reads. What magazine does it even run in?

Weekly Shōnen Sunday, same magazine as detective conan, Dagashi Kashi, Silver Spoon, Keijo!!!!!! etc

I Am a Hero vol.15

I am still impressed with how unpredictable this manga is. At one point, you think the crew will get done in, but nope, a bunch of fused ZQN suddenly come to the rescue!

Sai

Hatsukoi Zombie

[monotone]I'm so shocked by this revelation. Really.[/monotone]

I think it would've been much more interesting going forward if
the guy wasn't a reverse trap

Tokyo Ghoul:re

This chapter was kind of all over the place.
Eto's arrest
was so... Anti-climatic. :/

Hope what's-his-face doesn't catch Mutsuki. Which means it'll probably happen.

CrazyDude

Karakuri Circus 208

Rockenfield. ;_______;

It's been over since 2006, it's from the same author who did Ushio and Tora. We are in the 22nd volume and there are 43 volume in all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Midoriya is really Rock Lee as a protag. That's why he's so great.

Kieli

I kinda want to read that new Legend of the Galactic Heroes with the ultra bishie art but I've only watched 4 episodes and My Conquest and Overture.

Don't. Even its characterization of Kircheis is really, really weird. He's this fawning, dopey character that I never got the impression he was in the OG manime.

Hinomaru Zumou

This manga is so fucking weird. A hot-blooded shonen manga about sumo is fine and fun but the story beats and the way the mangaka tries to make attractive dudes while still having to make them muscle/fat walls since it's sumo, it just...looks so weird.

Hinomaru Zumou

This manga is so fucking weird. A hot-blooded shonen manga about sumo is fine and fun but the story beats and the way the mangaka tries to make attractive dudes while still having to make them muscle/fat walls since it's sumo, it just...looks so weird.

I'm not sure how long that series is even going to survive, since it's not a gag manga yet it sells quite shitty for Jump (Vol 7 sold 27,000 in it's first week)

Rainy

Banned
Girls of the Wild's 221

I'll be honest I only check in from time to time but damn he went and did that huh. They'll get together eventually...I hope.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 152

lmao Soma is the most generically cool guy protagonist if I didn't know better I would think he was just trying to say Cool Guy shit to hit on Erina
KuGsj.gif

Arachnid 59

nkyVUpb.png

Now if you actually applied this thought process to your current situation, like any sensible psychopathic mastermind would, you'll save yourself from the counter-fucking that's inevitably coming. Honestly, villains these days. It's no wonder the army ants become reduced to brain-dead zombies upon enlisting.

Shokugeki no Soma 152

Gets fired from the elite ten.... before then passes a rule for Shokugeki in order to favour and give a fair chance to the rebellion... can't be overturned.... names it after himself for full on trollage

Ishikki is a BOSS

Anyway this Recon is going to showcase new characters into the series so it is fine by me....like I stated on numerous occasions Spice dude will likely be in Central sooner or later

Onigiri Sasa 5

Man, this is brutal. I don't know if I'd classify the demon assuming homophobia (and what it says about his past) as shock value, but it's pretty effective.

5 chapters in and the story has given us NO reason to not sympathize with the supposed bad guys. Where the hell is this going to go?

somedevil

Shokugeki no Soma 152

Gets fired from the elite ten.... before then passes a rule for Shokugeki in order to favour and give a fair chance to the rebellion... can't be overturned.... names it after himself for full on trollage

Ishikki is a BOSS

Anyway this Recon is going to showcase new characters into the series so it is fine by me....like I stated on numerous occasions Spice dude will likely be in Central sooner or later

Basically the 4 teams are going to see the four elite ten members that we haven't seen there skills yet. So we will probably see Rindou.

Spice guy is going be challenging them to keep Jun Seminar going. Just choose what person he is going to lose too. I bet its him vs Rindou.

Basically the 4 teams are going to see the four elite ten members that we haven't seen there skills yet. So we will probably see Rindou.

Spice guy is going be challenging them to keep Jun Seminar going. Just choose what person he is going to lose too. I bet its him vs Rindou.

There's also the non-elite 10 members of central. It'd be nice to see some of them as well.

Also, I wonder if Tadakoro will end up representing her cooking society? It'd be pretty cool if she did, I'd like to see her get a good win

Shouta

I think I'm gonna stay in manga discussion from now on.

Anyway, ordered some volumes from Japan because I'm behind on a few of my series. Emblem of Loto, in particularly, is one I'm like 3 tanks behind and the last one I bought had a ton of stuff going on. Picking up Murata's OPM to fill out my collection and picked up Boku dake ga inai machi/Erased because the anime has been really interesting. Also the latest volumes of Toritsu Mizuho 2 though I dunno if anyone knows about that manga outside of Japan, lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think I'm gonna stay in manga discussion from now on.

Anyway, ordered some volumes from Japan because I'm behind on a few of my series. Emblem of Loto, in particularly, is one I'm like 3 tanks behind and the last one I bought had a ton of stuff going on. Picking up Murata's OPM to fill out my collection and picked up Boku dake ga inai machi/Erased because the anime has been really interesting. Also the latest volumes of Toritsu Mizuho 2 though I dunno if anyone knows about that manga outside of Japan, lol

This sounds ominously like animeGAF went animeGAF again.

This thread has gotten super chill ever since Naruto ended and Bleach stopped being relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom