• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai

Girls of the Wild's

Why? D: Stone cold, man.

Nagasarete Airantō

Oh, hey. This. This used to be a thing.

I'm honestly shocked this manga's still ongoing. Based on the raws he's still introducing new girls 'n yōkai that were conveniently absent before. :p

Tsugumomo ch86

Like they didn't have enough troubles before, some slimy old fuck appears.
I was actually worried that the author was going to rush to the conclusion, so I'm kinda happy to see that there's a few additional bumps along the road.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re

Great chapter, we're starting to see Eto's motivations and I think Aogiri's goals will be revealed soon. Looks like she was reading her mom's notes about V?

Interested to see where her turning herself in goes. Despite her power I don't think she could deal with Arima/Kaneki/other special classes all at once. Seems like a very calculated move to me.

Zweizer

Banned
I was actually worried that the author was going to rush to the conclusion, so I'm kinda happy to see that there's a few additional bumps along the road.

True, it did go a bit fast, and it might be a good opportunity to see Kazuya grow.

Author is pretty good at making me already hate this guy though.

Li Kao

I'm back to manga ! Yeah ! I can't follow a hobby for a long time before I get the need to change air and drop what I'm doing ! Boo ! Srsly guys, send halp...
So after thoroughly enjoying Tokyo Ghoul and dropping it because I'm stupid several months ago I decided to read some things again.

Platinum End ch001
Great, a new series, so no need to read a gajillion back issues, and by renowned artists that interest me at that...
A relative let down for the time being. While I wouldn't say that there was nothing going on during the chapter, I was left with the definite feeling that the manga really begun in the last few pages and that for the life of me I don't know where the authors want to go from there. So it's cool because I'm still curious but at the same time I can't say that I really loved this first chapter.
It's... a fucking prologue. No more than that unfortunately.

And as I am very wary of twisted shit and supremely don't want new traumas to go along with those I already have, I read Mirai Nikki. Yeah, I'm stupid.

Mirai Nikki ch001
That on the other hand, and even considering the fact that I enjoy the prospect of reading about yandere as much as tearing out my own nails, was fucking solid, very good even.

No down times, relatively fascinating premises if as myself you haven't encountered these tropes before, interesting characters, plot, everything. Art is quite uneven though.
A smashing success from something I totally wasn't interested in. Now to see if it can sustain 60+ chapters.

Next up on the reading list...
Parasyte
I want to hit myself sometimes. But it seems so interesting.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm back to manga ! Yeah ! I can't follow a hobby for a long time before I get the need to change air and drop what I'm doing ! Boo ! Srsly guys, send halp...
So after thoroughly enjoying Tokyo Ghoul and dropping it because I'm stupid several months ago I decided to read some things again.

Welcome back~

Shame that you seem to be wary of yandere manga, even if you're enjoying Mirai Nikki right now. Maybe Koharu no Hibi will change your mind? It's relatively light-hearted, don't worry.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi

Best Girl rejects herself without even saying anything sounds like par for the course. And I liked Haru's design so her haircut looks horrible even if she kept the ahoge.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, everyone kept commenting on Shokugeki falling in the rankings, but it was 1st this week. Also, something tells me DTL is gonna flip out about Takumi's level of concern for Yukihira in this chapter.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail

I cracked up at Juvia in the heart sleeping bag with Erza
KuGsj.gif

I can't help but be impressed at Mashima's work ethic though. Dude never takes any time off and busts out 25 page chapters weekly, some times multiple chapters a week.

bobohoro

Shokugeki no Soma 152

This is losing steam for me. And fast. It pretty much falls into every imaginable shounen-trap (too many characters, dumb drama, comically evil antagonists without depth, etc.) without managing to somehow stay lighthearted and subverting tropes along the way.

Fairy Tail 471

Welp, Laxus is still the best part of this manga. With Gildarts, but who even remembers that one.
And that Gajeel scene certainly won't be adapted into...something.

I see Grimace is trying to beef up his post count

sees post count list.... sees Grimace being right under me.... sees the amount of posts difference

"Hah Grimace can try"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kingdom

Kanki got everyone riding his coat-tails even the enemy was freaking out on a what if situation... and that Spider Pon Pon Hair general still has a hard on for Kanki :/

Alas Kanki did what Kanki is known for... being a douche and made everyone wait for the whole day for nothing

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! - Vol 2 Ch.00 Preview

Good to be back

It is all in the stance it seems

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Also, everyone kept commenting on Shokugeki falling in the rankings, but it was 1st this week. Also, something tells me DTL is gonna flip out about Takumi's level of concern for Yukihira in this chapter.

Wow, must've been from Erina getting the truth bomb.

New Game 27
Oh boy, evaluation. Being in both sides can be stressful, especially when you get a complaint :(

Sesuji 31
That was great. They finally manage to do it after all this time :)

Angry Grimace

sees post count list.... sees Grimace being right under me.... sees the amount of posts difference

"Hah Grimace can try"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximately 12% of the thread is Zweizer posts. A full 29% of the thread is just Zweizer, Revo and dakkumauji posts.

Tokyo Ghoul:re 62

Like an idiot I thought that Kaneki was Arima at the end. I had to do a double take. So currently Eto is turning herself in. Those eyes look like the eyes of mastermind. God this manga is so good.

Revo was 5 or so posts away from overtaking him a month ago but he fell off
too bad

I remember looking through the old threads... some that predate my appearance here and it was so one sided
Wait I thought Revo overtook me!

you are our undisputed champion

they might as well have your pic on standby for new threads lol
it's hilarious i'm still in the top cause my posting here has dropped off considerably

you (not so much) but Kasane and LeleSocho are the ones that dropped rapidly or went off radar

them and some others but those two are more recent

Nisekoi 202-203

Haru: "I talked to my Dad"

They have a Dad?

the more you know...

Good on her for leaving the love harem on her own free will instead of getting rejected.... Also the new haircut is a Bonus

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent vol. 1-2

Kind of kicking myself for not starting this earlier. Everyone in the Sanson family is hilariously fucked in the head.

jbug617

Banned
Handa-kun Vol 1-4

Really enjoying the spinoff of Barakamon. It's mostly about the people surrounding Handa rather than just Handa. You find out why Handa is paranoid and a outcast to people. Also the mom made an extended appearance that leads to a girl trying to commit suicide.

Angry Grimace

Nisekoi 202-203

Haru: "I talked to my Dad"

They have a Dad?

the more you know...

Good on her for leaving the love harem on her own free will instead of getting rejected.... Also the new haircut is a Bonus

The dad's been mentioned several times in the last few chapters. It's obviously a character that will come into play once the last harem jobber (Tsugumi) gets rejected, assuming they even give her a rejection arc.

Yaoi is good for this. Yaoi is usually a lot less rapey.

Is that true? Maybe the ones that get adapted into anime like Love Stage are skewing my perception, but a lot of yaoi seems to be involve one person forcing themselves on another. Isn't that at the root of the whole top/bottom dynamic?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe I just read the wrong ones because yaoi felt pretty damn rapey.
Yeah but when yaoi gets into rape at least both parties are anatomically human, just with long limbs and big hands. Even the phalluses tend to be reasonably proportioned.
Is that true? Maybe the ones that get adapted into anime like Love Stage are skewing my perception, but a lot of yaoi seems to be involve one person forcing themselves on another. Isn't that at the root of the whole top/bottom dynamic?
When hetero doujins feature rape it's kind of extreme, is my real point.
hahahahahahahaha
It's truuuue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom