• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karakuri Circus 208

Okay yeah, fuck this arc. Its only purpose was for Fujita to clear out characters because he was probably having trouble writing too many. Too bad those characters are a thousand times more interesting than the ones in the "daily life" crew that no one cares about and I'm sure will be back in the spotlight.

Shouta

This sounds ominously like animeGAF went animeGAF again.

This thread has gotten super chill ever since Naruto ended and Bleach stopped being relevant.

It's sort of interesting to how anime and manga has kind of separated over the years on the forum. It was largely the same group of folks back in the day but it's really diverged in recent years.

That's probably for the best.

Probably. It's not like I can drum up much discussion either. That's the reason I post thoughts on a show. If I do get a response, it's hardly ever substantial. It's part of the reason I stopped posting in the season threads early on, aside from there not being many that I was enjoying at the time, heh.

This season, I'm watching so many I can't keep up.

Animegaf moves too fast to have a decent conversation half the time which is why I stopped posting in it. I'd rather go to the threads that are official for each series and post in them.

Soma

Erina is still in confused mode lol. I'm mostly interested in seeing all the styles of the elite 10.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
CZ78IaYUUAALv8D.jpg

Got newest Yumiko Shirai release, Wombs 5 (ignore my lunch)

Look up her art if interested. Wombs and ラルナス are good.

Karakuri Circus 208

Okay yeah, fuck this arc. Its only purpose was for Fujita to clear out characters because he was probably having trouble writing too many. Too bad those characters are a thousand times more interesting than the ones in the "daily life" crew that no one cares about and I'm sure will be back in the spotlight.

You do realise that a large majority of characters who died in this arc... were introduced in this arc, right?

There's a very clear purpose, and it's obviously to break Narumi into a trillion pieces, and remold his mind into steel and fury.

Yeah this arc was fucking boss.

Probably. It's not like I can drum up much discussion either. That's the reason I post thoughts on a show. If I do get a response, it's hardly ever substantial. It's part of the reason I stopped posting in the season threads early on, aside from there not being many that I was enjoying at the time, heh.

This season, I'm watching so many I can't keep up.

I pretty much post just whenever a thought strikes me still even though I generally try to stay away, but it's pretty obvious that animeGAF has a pretty big cliq of people who enjoy the same types of shows and if you don't like those shows or other shows you'll find very little to keep you in that thread. The smattering of elitism doesn't exactly help when combined with that.

Shouta

Yeah this arc was fucking boss.

I pretty much post just whenever a thought strikes me still even though I generally try to stay away, but it's pretty obvious that animeGAF has a pretty big cliq of people who enjoy the same types of shows and if you don't like those shows or other shows you'll find very little to keep you in that thread. The smattering of elitism doesn't exactly help when combined with that.

Yeah, for sure.

On that note and slightly off-topic, Active Raid is surprisingly enjoyable and pretty good. I'd say if you're a fan of Tokusatsu or can enjoy that genre, then it's probably one the best show so far this season. It's not a show that general audiences or even general anime fans will get though. The case of the week structure and stuffing world-building/character development within that case is not done in anime all that often, at least in a meaningful way. The attention to detail is really great too.

I wonder if this was an original anime or based off a manga.

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 152

PSD all split up to scout the Elite's shokugeki against the clubs that are resisting. I suspect this is mostly to show the power of the remanding Elite 10 (Akanegakubo, Kinokuni, Rindo and Saito).

Lain

I think I'm gonna stay in manga discussion from now on.

Anyway, ordered some volumes from Japan because I'm behind on a few of my series. Emblem of Loto, in particularly, is one I'm like 3 tanks behind and the last one I bought had a ton of stuff going on. Picking up Murata's OPM to fill out my collection and picked up Boku dake ga inai machi/Erased because the anime has been really interesting. Also the latest volumes of Toritsu Mizuho 2 though I dunno if anyone knows about that manga outside of Japan, lol

I just got done watching the first 4 episodes. Would be cool if the manga got licensed.

CZ78IaYUUAALv8D.jpg

Got newest Yumiko Shirai release, Wombs 5 (ignore my lunch)

Look up her art if interested. Wombs and ラルナス are good.

OH MY GOD! Someone who likes Wombs? I wish the publisher over here kept releasing that one (they haven't announced dropping it but heh, last volume they released was volume 2 two and a half years ago, so I've lost hope to see more of it).

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
OH MY GOD! Someone who likes Wombs? I wish the publisher over here kept releasing that one (they haven't announced dropping it but heh, last volume they released was volume 2 two and a half years ago, so I've lost hope to see more of it).

I don't know much about the series, but are you sure? Volume 4 came out 2 years ago but Ikki just put out volume 5 like 3 days ago. Unless they are volumized some other way or something.

Lain

I don't know much about the series, but are you sure? Volume 4 came out 2 years ago but Ikki just put out volume 5 like 3 days ago. Unless they are volumized some other way or something.

My fault, I didn't specify. I meant the publisher over here in Italy.
Wombs got licensed 3-4 years ago here, the publisher released the first 2 volumes and then I was left with nothing but despair.

I was just too happy to see someone who likes that manga.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
My fault, I didn't specify. I meant the publisher over here in Italy.
Wombs got licensed 3-4 years ago here, the publisher released the first 2 volumes and then I was left with nothing but despair.

I was just too happy to see someone who likes that manga.

Oh oh I see. Didn't know it was translated into anything, so that's cool.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How are those manga (story, etc), ponpo? I Iike the art.

Maybe Lain can give a better reply since I don't know much about Wombs. I saw it in store this week after being shown Rafnas so decided to buy it since I'd have to get the earlier volumes from Amazon or something.

It's war and seinen stuff but good!

You can actually read some (most?) of them on google books
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=bks&q=白井+弓子

Lain

Just in case, my opinions about volume 1 and volume 2.

I like the sci-fi side and how, despite stuff as out there as the premise (which is related to the name of the manga) I could still see a realistic portrayal of characters in a military setting (like the animosity between the male soldiers toward the female soldier), or at least what I felt resembled how I'd imagine certain things to go down.
It's a weird read (which I've had to stop at volume 2) but one I've enjoyed and I still wish I could keep reading.

You do realise that a large majority of characters who died in this arc... were introduced in this arc, right?

There's a very clear purpose, and it's obviously to break Narumi into a trillion pieces, and remold his mind into steel and fury.

I know, but I doubt Fujita wanted them to stick around afterwards considering there's a different crew to follow as well.

I love Narumi and have no problem with a few people dying for motivation, but an entire batch of interesting characters? Hell, that should have been the boring circus crew's job!

Lain

It's not in Italy? It is in France /evil laugh

All in due time!
Only to be picked up by a shitty publisher that will leave it to die... =(

Speaking of France, I saw you guys got Yui Toshiki's My Sister+ and Ruri Ruri. I'll have to purchase both this month if Amazon has them.

Shun

I am probably going to check out 鬼畜島, Freak Island later this week, anyone else follow it?

I know, but I doubt Fujita wanted them to stick around afterwards considering there's a different crew to follow as well.

I love Narumi and have no problem with a few people dying for motivation, but an entire batch of interesting characters? Hell, that should have been the boring circus crew's job!

Karakuri Circus can be quite polarising in that aspect due to the nature of how the series have two protagonist, that being Narumi and Masaru.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, but [spoiler = next few chapters]
the focus is going to shift quite a bit to Masaru, as the story starts to spin the threads that tie Masaru to the overarching story

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 152

I want to see the stuffed animal fall around on the table pushing stuff into the dish and making it perfect

Can't say I disagree but well, everything runs its course.

My issue with recent Kindaichis, on top of its less engaging, repetitive cases, is well...

the art has really lost a lot of its vibrance over the years. Everyone feels so stiff in the art of the R-series.

Busaiku

So I decided to read the rest of Erased after catching the 4 episodes.
I figured it'd be that guy that was the culprit. The origin story is really dumb though, let's clearly make him a super villain.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So I decided to read the rest of Erased after catching the 4 episodes.
I figured it'd be that guy that was the culprit. The origin story is really dumb though, let's clearly make him a super villain.

I won't be surprised if they cut that part or change it in the anime adaptation. Probably making it more subtle

Not Lives 26

Imma be REEEEAAAAALLLL sad when the awkward older drunk lady dies. She's like, my favorite character and she hasn't even done anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom