• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droplet

I think most yuri I've read has been pretty decent about most of it being consensual, but then again I don't think I've read too many smutty ones?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think most yuri I've read has been pretty decent about most of it being consensual, but then again I don't think I've read too many smutty ones?

Yeah yuri is even more frequently vanilla.

I can't really get into yuri though, it's just not my thing...

Zweizer

Banned
i could never take away your well deserved top spot
you are our undisputed champion

they might as well have your pic on standby for new threads lol

( T _ T)

Pity about the vast swathes of hentai manga that are all in some way abuse-based :(

happy sex only plz

Guess happy sex is just a bit boring for a lot of people.

It seems to be a perception thing. The majority of artists seem to go for a more fluffy and harmless feeling when drawing yuri (a bit of sexism is at play here as well). And on top of that not much of the darker stuff gets translated.

We have so many unique methods of summoning scy so easily, but the problem is he vanishes again instantly

Gotta tie him down the next time he appears.

Jintor

I mean yeah despair's only any good if there's hope at the end. Despair with more despair is too... well, 絶望した、y'know.

Lain

Sometimes you just want to get soul-crushed.

Actually not true, but hey, you do start to appreciate life more after getting your soul crushed.

That's also a lie.

Dresden

Delicious in dungeon -

the mix of dungeon crawling, cooking, and cute elf girls that I probably suspected I was hankering for but could not quite narrow down into a specific want until now.

9wEVaGD.jpg

I really like Ryouko Kui's art, too. So clean.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This kind of dungeon crawling I can get behind.

Zweizer

Banned
I really hope we'll get a video game based on this.

Supposedly Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 comes pretty close.
10 more days!

Jintor

also the elf girl is like

the cutest.

have you even not wanted to eat something so bad you just started breakdancing? she has.

Zweizer

Banned
I've always been rather indifferent to elves, but Dungeon Meshi is one of the few exceptions~

theres a twist my 3d kanojo likes 2d too

we're currently watching steins gate rn. she doesnt have much hype for manga tho -.-

Get her to read/watch Prison School!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dungeon Meshi is great. Can't get enough of dat cooking scene and Laius ridiculous intention to eat everything.

Tomo chan wa onna no ko 237

Cotton candy cuteness should be illegal!

Zweizer

Banned
i don't know if it's the translations or just the manga natively but i just can't get into it. I gave it a good shot though.

Well that's a shame. You tried at least.

Going from hentai to Dungeon Meshi.

thisismangagaf.gif

We should discuss Dungeon Meshi hentai next!

Hell yeah, finally!

bobohoro

Nowadays i only wanna read and watch trash

Like those obviously haremshit with op mcs

You guys know what i mean

Harem with OP mcs is good stuff.
It's all the low quality harem with loser mcs that's spoiling the fun.
And noone ever getting beyond first base.

Tomo 237

Finally back.

T-REX na Kanojo 22

Baby steps, but he's getting there.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Talking about Dungeon Meshi, is the one by ShindoL already translated?
Just asking for a "friend"

Keijo!!!! 75

Gate of babylon: butt edition.
I CAN'T

Toriko 356

This is the point where I realize I've just kind of checked out on any descriptions of lore a long time ago. Here's how I see a typical non-fighting Toriko chapter now:

Words words words words words BIGGEST IN THE WORLD words words words words HIGH SCALE NATURAL PHENOMENON words words words TIME DILATION words words GOOD FOOD words.

convo

Toriko 356

This is the point where I realize I've just kind of checked out on any descriptions of lore a long time ago. Here's how I see a typical non-fighting Toriko chapter now:

Words words words words words BIGGEST IN THE WORLD words words words words HIGH SCALE NATURAL PHENOMENON words words words TIME DILATION words words GOOD FOOD words.

It would have had entire journey's devoted to every ingredient but we have to cram all the areas and food descriptions into one chapter so we can fast track towards Toriko in space. And nobody seems to care about their full courses anymore either.

Peco

Koibito Play by Benkyo Tamaoki
Really could have used another volume at the very least to flesh out all the side-characters as in the end it felt rushed as shit.
This part was good though:
Rekt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom