• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyman 47

Holy shit, the movement and range of expression on this page.

img000021.png

Gat-damn. This chapter. Gat damn

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I wonder how people feel about what I Am A Hero is starting to turn into. Honestly I really enjoy stories that take the long road in terms of story telling and it took a couple volumes just for shit to hit the fan the first time.

I'm actually not sure how things are going to go except we are getting some pretty eventful changes and possible revelations.

I wonder if the aliens thing is just a red herring but their is most definitely something crazy about to go down with the giant zombie blob monsters and the super human mutants

I like it. The manga has sorta...evolved over time. And I'd say that it meanders, except that word has a negative connotation and I don't believe the story sort of roaming around and moving from place to place is a bad thing. The only part that I was not on board with was spending so long with that other group near the paddy fields. I really didn't care about them nearly as much as the main guy and girl.

But the evolution of certain things as the manga went on is completely okay with me.

Usobuko

Banned
Started reading Dungeon Meshi after seeing others talk about it, so far so good. Story premise is really cool (I particularly like how they explain revivals in dungeons like a video game), characters are really good (Marcille is particularly adorbs) and not a single unnecessary fanservice or edgelord moment to be seen this far. Just a good comedy with good art. More stuff like this
and Yotsuba
, Japan.

Please read Hinamatsuri.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Innocent vol. 3-5

Flashing between Marie Antoinette and Marie-Joseph, with the queen explaining how her Marie will live the life of an obedient wife and mother, and the Sanson father yelling at his Marie about how a woman shouldn't have so much freedom, blew me away. It's been a minute since I've really been impressed like that. This is all on the heels of the execution in vol. 3, which itself was just so haunting, yet breathtaking.

This is dope.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Q 9
Oh shit, now that is one stupid mistake that will cost you your life.

Jitsu wa watashi 111
lol, eromine outfit was too hot for succubus.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Akame ga Kill

I knew they weren't gonna just leave and get away with it

diaspora

Just finished watching Jormungand. I was hoping Koko and the ending would be better in the anime, but nope. It was shit, it was all shit.

edit: Christ, I'm just getting mad now. Jormungand's ending makes ME3's seem like a fucking masterpiece comparatively. Absolutely shit-tier.

Ekid

Hello MangaGaf, first post here :).

I just finished reading all the available chapter of Sangatsu no Lion. I'm rarely disappointed when a manga is tagged "seinen", but I just got blow away.

How come after 11 volumes it's still not licensed anywhere in the West ? I need more shogi in my life.

Lain

Hello MangaGaf, first post here :).

I just finished reading all the available chapter of Sangatsu no Lion. I'm rarely disappointed when a manga is tagged "seinen", but I just got blow away.

How come after 11 volumes it's still not licensed anywhere in the West ? I need more shogi in my life.

It was licensed in Italy, though more than likely by in the west you meant in English.

It probably didn't get picked up yet because shogi is a big aspect of the story and in a way the pacing, story wise, is on the slow side, making the manga a harder sell.
I like it a lot but I'm not all that surprised.

dani_dc

Nisekoi 202-203

So pretty much a redux of Haru last arc.

The only new element t was revealing to Raku that she knew he was her "prince" and confronting her with her decision, which was unneeded really.

Well, this was still the best outcome one could hope for this arc, Haru goes out by her own decision (again) and keeping her head high.

Now onto Tsugumi.

Ekid

Welcome! Enjoy your stay~

Have you read our Lord and Saviour, Prison School?

I think I stopped around chapter 80, a little too much ecchi for my taste. I miss Hana though.

It was licensed in Italy, though more than likely by in the west you meant in English.

It probably didn't get picked up yet because shogi is a big aspect of the story and in a way the pacing, story wise, is on the slow side, making the manga a harder sell.
I like it a lot but I'm not all that surprised.

I didn't know it was licensed in Italy. Actually I'm french and when I see the number of series we got here that are average at best (granted all those manhwa/manhua must not cost a lot to get licensed), not seeing an Award winning manga seems pretty surprising for me.

We got Chihayafuru so the shogi doesn't look like much of an obstacle.

Toriko

This series does have some major gaps in logic, even for pure fiction. I mean how does Neo actually travel between planets? I am sure he just does...Also, Neo does seem a particularly disgusting entity. Kind of looking forward to him being defeated.

One Piece ch 815

We are going to stay watch.... (all grim serious faces)

Morning arrives and their all asleep

Beach 661

won't chase them because they will perish

fate... blah, blah, destiny, blah, blah hope, blah, blah evil ramble

Toriko 357

Useless demon lol... why do villains always screw up royally

Also skinny Neo is creepy as f***.... I mean he stalked his prey for days creating fear before eating it

Also they way they're explaining it feels that this is the end all be all.... which means that WSJ can rush this to a ending without going on space adventures

Kyuur

Bleach

Chad gets relegated to fighting fodder, of course. I thought maybe it was a fakeout when Ganju appeared to take care of them, but nooope.

Toriko

I don't really like Neo's design. The skinny version was really creepy but not the bloated mess we have now.

One Piece

Way to go guys. I really don't think we're going to have a huge conflict on Zou even with this development though. Master Neko continues to be the best.

Zweizer

Banned
I think I stopped around chapter 80, a little too much ecchi for my taste. I miss Hana though

Aw, but it keeps getting better!

Hana makes a triumphant return later if you're interested.

Otherwise, if you prefer something more safe for work, Dungeon Meshi and Hinamatsuri are absolutely recommended. You could try reading Goodnight Punpun as well if you haven't done so.

bobohoro

Welcome! Enjoy your stay~

Have you read our Lord and Saviour, Prison School?

This feels like an autmoated welcome message by now.
Not that I'd complain about that.

One Piece 815

This chapter felt strangely silly and random.
Luffy is getting too laid back at times. I mean, it's nice to not care, but it doesn't make for the greatest of character scenes and kinda stiffles story progression.
Keep the balance Oda.
At least try to.
Please.

Bleach 661

That heel turn. That face turn. So unpredictable. So well planned. So perfectly timed and executed.
Not really.

somedevil

Shokugeki no Soma 153 Spoilers:

This is one interesting chapter:

Momo specialty is western sweets.
Then they introduce 4 new characters that are aligned with Azami. The lead one having a face tattoo, a piercing above his eye and an inverted cross earring.

They are together because they all have inverted cross buttons on their clothes. So this academy lets satanists in their school.

Shokugeki no Soma 153 Spoilers:

This is one interesting chapter:

Momo specialty is western sweets.
Then they introduce 4 new characters that are aligned with Azami. The lead one having a face tattoo, a piercing above his eye and an inverted cross earring.

They are together because they all have inverted cross buttons on their clothes. So this academy lets satanists in their school.

there eyes look dead... I wonder if they're those guys from the international branch that Azami apparently has

Bleach 661 i guess

jobbers do the jobber role of fighting generic Musou enemies

One Piece 815

oh god please don't just be enies lobby (again) after the last arc was alabasta (again)

Oda you are way better then this...We are EIGHT HUNDRED chapters in the time for this kind of arc has passed.

And did robin really just fall asleep on the job

Prison School 204

fucking Kiyoshi lol

Akame ga Kill 67

lel this shit is so predictable beyond what the 20,000th trump card will be. Is making an army of ice centaurs more dangerous then ZA WARUDO? Really

Nisekoi 202-203

So pretty much a redux of Haru last arc.

The only new element t was revealing to Raku that she knew he was her "prince" and confronting her with her decision, which was unneeded really.

Well, this was still the best outcome one could hope for this arc, Haru goes out by her own decision (again) and keeping her head high.

Now onto Tsugumi.

The pace in this manga now is INSANE.

RIP haru, you were actually a good fit for Raku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom