• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shokugeki no Soma vol. 1

Boo, I was told that the food reactions would get better but so far the, uh, molestation hasn't really gone away. The plot presentation is is quite exciting, though, and Soma is a likable lead, so I'm going to keep reading for the promise of Apple Prince and Magical☆Cabbage.

I'm apprehensive about Megumi. I would really like for her to have an arc in which she toughens up and stands on her own, but I'm afraid she'd just be a sidekick commentator who occasionally need to be "saved" by Soma.

Oh, and Erina is a jerk.

Revo

Sket Dance 276-277

Don't do this to meeeeeee
You fully brought it up but now do this I can't deal
More chapters pleeeeeeease

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma vol. 1

Boo, I was told that the food reactions would get better but so far the, uh, molestation hasn't really gone away. The plot presentation is is quite exciting, though, and Soma is a likable lead, so I'm going to keep reading for the promise of Apple Prince and Magical☆Cabbage.

I'm apprehensive about Megumi. I would really like for her to have an arc in which she toughens up and stands on her own, but I'm afraid she'd just be a sidekick commentator who occasionally need to be "saved" by Soma.

Oh, and Erina is a jerk.
The first volume covers like 5 chapters! Give it some time!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Shokugeki no Soma vol. 1

Oh, and Erina is a jerk.
Soma gets a lot better as it goes along

Tamanon

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma vol. 1

Oh, and Erina is a jerk.

For all of your concerns, keep reading.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma vol. 1

Oh, and Erina is a jerk.

There are like 7 volumes....

20th Century Boys 13-14

Man this guy could not have been more fucked.

-Retired in one week
-Today is his granddaughter's birthday
-And also his chance to make up with his daughter by not being late
-Getting too close to the truth at the very beginning of a long story
-Is a cop, and a detective beyond that

No chance!

Rhapsody

Banned
Hayate no Gotoku 465

Okay chapter. Basically a lot of big panels just so it could end with a joke and cliffhanger.

I almost forgot Klaus existed.

Kingdom 402

I want those two cities under my Harem

HAREM CITIES!!!!! WEI invades only to find out they are about to embark on a PARTY of their lifetime

Zweizer

Banned
Short Cuts c51-95

More insanity and, uh, I think this is relevant to Quix's interests:

7YY7MbE.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
Short Cuts v2 c1-42

I must say in spite of the insanity I'm rather impressed by the broad range of artstyles Usamaru Furuya displays in there, which creates some hilarious contrasts such as the panty flasher gags where the officers are basically traced photos while the girl is drawn in Furuya's usual artstyle, or that banchou that came straight from the 70s, or the exaggerated shoujo prince(ss). Pretty random yet amusing.

Quasar

My first manga was Love Hina. I'm old.

I'm old too (at least compared to my perception of most anime/mangagaffers), just that I did not get into anime (and from that manga and LN) till the year before last. And basically the Suzuka anime grabbed me so much that I needed to see the rest of the story.

And despite how it ended, I liked it. But then I cut authors a lot of slack there, as endings are hard.

...I think the first manga I ever read was a random volume of Yugioh, and all I remember is being baffled at how different and much darker it was from the show.

I was in grade school, I barely knew shit back then.

upandaway

Sore wa Totsuzen, Unmei no Aite ga 13-15

This manga is gosh darn adorable. Drama-free romance is the best romance. Everything is happy.

This was the best couple so far too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom