• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aunt Tits 140

wow, totally ignored.

rekt.

Okusan 15

250px-Sweating-Man.jpg

Naked apron and then the thermometer...

250px-Sweating-Man.jpg
250px-Sweating-Man.jpg
250px-Sweating-Man.jpg

Fox318

Suzuka

How the fuck does somebody suddenly become out of shape after missing 3 days of practice?

Fuck this manga and fuck the girl. MC should fucking move on from her.

dani_dc

Okusan 15

Why even bother with the apron after sex?

That's one way to convince your SO for anal.

Poor girl trying to study and not being able to.

Anyone drop out from the Suzuka reading yet?

still waiting on posts from Grimace-kun and Volgihn-san

If we get nothing from them by midnight tomorrow BST (giving them 24 hours to be generous) then it's 167 days of KNIM avatar for Grimace and 157 for Volgihn

nobody has rage quit yet though

Revo

Is there something with penis arms that's always all fun and games?

Parasyte 1-10

Woo reread. Don't remember anything, tho.

I don't think the parents are going to make it out alive. At least not both.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
still waiting on posts from Grimace-kun and Volgihn-san

If we get nothing from them by midnight tomorrow BST (giving them 24 hours to be generous) then it's 167 days of KNIM avatar for Grimace and 157 for Volgihn

nobody has rage quit yet though

I have no idea what BST is, I only operate on PST

rrvv

book club thing should be added on the OP. so I dont have a trouble to find the post to remind myself what I should read

dani_dc

Glass Mask Vol. 6-7

This volumes focused on Maya ability to steal the focus of the audiences and how that negatively affects everyone. From other actors, to her personal life. This was an interesting direction for the story to take.
Her story with You took an interesting turn due to this, though he comes off badly in the picture by not talking to Maya.

This is addressed on Vol. 7 when Maya is given the role of a doll, forcing her to erase her presence from stage and also to realise this issue of her.

Ayuma was mostly absence after the start of Vol. 6, but she did finally end up being acknowledged as a candidate for Crimson Goddess, although without her knowledge of such.

Maya should really realize who her "prince" is, she literally talked to him about not being able to go to highschool due to lack of money and then the day after "someone paid for your highschool expenses!", come on!

dani_dc

Mob Psycho 100 Ch.67.5

Small short predictable story, not much to day here really.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 140

The "not talking makes people think you're experienced" is true for both genders.

Fit sports girl with body issues, I don't think this one will take too long.

Boku dake ga Inai Machi 3

Ha!

The manga is now trying to make me like a pairing between the protagonist and a high school student.

How useless.

I've already liked it since she first visited him in the hospital back in chapter 1.

dani_dc

Well already Monday, so a new week of Suzuka.

Suzuka 29

Incoming pool chapter.

Suzuka 30

Honaka being ignored so badly is starting to hurt.
Can't believe Yamato spent the entire day not going to the pool and instead just staring a Suzuka, how creepy. And then tried to confess again despite the situation between them having hardly change. What an idiot.

Dresden

mushoku tensei -

34 year old nerd dies and gets reincarnated in some generic fantasy setting. His imagination broods over his young self like a disgusting, sweaty Stand as the latter goes through life wooing every single girl in his way.

This is peak wish fulfillment. It's Name of the Wind but even more shameless, where the self-insertion is made a plot point of rather than just being implied. At least it's not a fucking MMO.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mushoku tensei -

34 year old nerd dies and gets reincarnated in some generic fantasy setting. His imagination broods over his young self like a disgusting, sweaty Stand as the latter goes through life wooing every single girl and women in his way.

This is peak wish fulfillment. It's Name of the Wind but grosser.

I feel dirty.

Bitter Change 12-13

Yuuta solves more issues as Yui, making more friends in the process, but looks like some drama is about to start with the girl that Yui unintentionally romanced. Fun times ahead.

Quasar

mushoku tensei -

34 year old nerd dies and gets reincarnated in some generic fantasy setting.

Didn't know there was a manga version. Been reading the novels (well I'm part way through 1) and have quite enjoyed it so far. But then I like the idea of it being an adult transported into a physical world and not kids.

dani_dc

Suzuka 31

Suzuka doing the hold tsun act, while Honoka brings her game up. Go Honoka! Steal that manga name right of Suzuka!

Suzuka 32

Hell yeah!
That's how you do it Honoka!

I was worried we were going back to the status quo, but Honoka went all the way!
I'm expecting her to be rejected next chapter because Yamato is a moron, Honoka is clearly a better girl, but at least the story is moving at a good pace now.
Looking forward for some :seo: in the next chapters.

Didn't know there was a manga version. Been reading the novels (well I'm part way through 1) and have quite enjoyed it so far. But then I like the idea of it being an adult transported into a physical world and not kids.

Yeah, didn't know there was a manga either.

Been reading this as a night time story for awhile now.

Angry Grimace

I was planning on saving my Suzuka reviews for late at night to troll Costigan-kun, but I'm too lazy.

Suzuka 1-10

I hate Akitsuki and I hate Asahina. How the fuck did these dipshits ever produce Fuuka? And why is Akitsuki constantly ignoring that other chick like she isn't even there? What a dick.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
The story in Pun pun is more fleshed out and goes on a more depressing route featuring his life with romance being just another element in it.

I don't think monologues are subpar but I do think they are a bunch of socially awkward individuals that couldn't adequately express themselves through their actions. Punpun doesn't really have a female lead like Chiharu though. As for Gonensei, well, it's an entirely different breed from Chiharu but on the same exact scale that differs from the norm. I would go on to the extent and say she's a piece of work.

Moteki in contrast is comparatively tame for both the events that occur in the manga and the general atmosphere in it. I still know quite a few more series similar to these manga if your sanity is still intact. Oh and good luck getting into med school!

My sanity will be in check, I'm taking a break on seinen mangas to get my mood going for studying.

Not reading the best seinen of the decade smh

You just want me to cry don't you.

Qo6yK0q.jpg

Danzai no Judith 2

It takes a special kind of manga to make me not care about girls and their crazy faces.

This is one of them.

She clearly isn't a psychopath.

Angry Grimace

Suzuka 11-15

If every tsundere was like Asahina, tsundere would be the least popular archetype ever. The fact that Akitsuki keeps being a fucking slavering baby about it and just ignoring Honoka is making it a lot worse.

Suzuka 11-15

If every tsundere was like Asahina, tsundere would be the least popular archetype ever. The fact that Akitsuki keeps being a fucking slavering baby about it and just ignoring Honoka is making it a lot worse.

Yeah biggest bitch, don't know what the MC can see in her. Too bad Honoka gets ignored even though she's a million times better than Suzuka. And like she's actually nice to him.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki 04

I think my favorite move of his is shooting an arrow then running up to the enemy and kicking that arrow deeper in.

Angry Grimace

Yeah biggest bitch, don't know what the MC can see in her. Too bad Honoka gets ignored even though she's a million times better than Suzuka. And like she's actually nice to him.

Either she's just daft as fuck or there some dumb as shit Seo reason for her rejecting him, but of course this cannot be explained at the time it occurs. Speaking of which,

Suzuka 16-20

Oh, I see THAT guy. Yeah, I see where this is going. I hate you Suzuka, by which I mean Seo.

Revo

Horimiya 41-42

He didn't die!
During the movie or the fight!

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 140

Cold shouldered kiddo.

Everyday with Gods 3

That is quite a power you got there Love God.

volgihn

Suzuka 11-30

MC is absolutely pathetic. He gets rejected and continues to go after Suzuka despite how badly she treats him. Apparently track and field is a very casual sport in Japan because someone who casually runs is able to keep up with the best. Track makes things a bit more interesting and I'm hoping they go more into detail about it. I read some of the other reactions. This is my first "romance" manga so I had no idea that Suzuka being in love with a dead senpai is "cliche". I found it pretty normal. School had me busy so I hadn't had a chance to post.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Suzuka 11-30

MC is absolutely pathetic. He gets rejected and continues to go after Suzuka despite how badly she treats him. Apparently track and field is a very casual sport in Japan because someone who casually runs is able to keep up with the best. Track makes things a bit more interesting and I'm hoping they go more into detail about it. I read some of the other reactions. This is my first "romance" manga so I had no idea that Suzuka being in love with a dead senpai is "cliche". I found it pretty normal. School had me busy so I hadn't had a chance to post.

Goddamn you have my condolences.

If you ever want to recover by reading something good give uwagaki a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom