• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promised Neverland 20

Two questions -

1. Why girls only? Ok I probably know why, its probably because they need mother figures or reproductive capacities.

2. How did Krone get shipped to a different place if she can't step outside the grounds?

bobohoro

Eh, its not that bad this week compared to some of the other chapters.

I actually didn't think about the teary torture-fetish S&M, the nude cross or group beatings of a defenseless half naked women by a group of bulky men. The scene where the hubby tried to cut open her stomach to show her that there is no child was kinda more disturbing.

Or that thing with thinking about enchanting her own child in her womb to take over her body, all with desperate psycho face panels.

Yes, we are still talking about Fairy Tail.

MCD

I actually didn't think about the teary torture-fetish S&M, the nude cross or group beatings of a defenseless half naked women by a group of bulky men. The scene where the hubby tried to cut open her stomach to show her that there is no child was kinda more disturbing.

Or that thing with thinking about enchanting her own child in her womb to take over her body, all with desperate psycho face panels.

Yes, we are still talking about Fairy Tail.

It was weird and random as fuck. That My Hero Academia tutor lookalike husband sure didn't act like one.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 21
7epCVis.png

The demon king felt a great disturbance in the flora. As if millions of bees suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. The princess has generally shown herself to be immune to fear, but bees are an understandable exception. Also you'd think all of the castle's inhabitants would've learned their lesson on communicating with her by now.

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 21

The demon king felt a great disturbance in the flora. As if millions of bees suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. The princess has generally shown herself to be immune to fear, but bees are an understandable exception. Also you'd think all of the castle's inhabitants would've learned their lesson on communicating with her by now.

Or talking about themselves around her, or just being anywhere near her. Being anywhere near the princess is pretty much digging your own grave.

Taruranto

Neverland #20

Calling it now, Isabella will offer Emma to possibility to become a new mama. (Of course she will refuse, but still)

Now they have the chance to get some answers, it will be interesting to see how the author will avoid trying to give everything about the setting.

The outside world of Promised Neverland is likely some kind of "The Demon King won" scenario and to survive humans have to provide sacrifices to the demons.

Which means it will become a battle shonen.

Viz Jump 12/26

My Hero Academia

I aways really the "both leads have something the other lacks" dynamic in shonen series. Its amazing how much Bakugo has grown while still staying the brash fire cracker he's always been.

One Piece

Year of suffering, I mean Sanji ends with a bang. Sanji's always been the smooth planner that fixes shit from the background which is why he's my favorite strawhat. I'm so looking forward to Luffy and Sanji breaking free and tag teaming everyone on this island. Pudding is a top tier one piece villain and thats saying something for a series thats full of great antagonist.

Food Wars/Shokugeki

Jochiro's flash back has won me over and its really helping to establish why Azami's insane idea for a gourmet world came from. This explanation needed to happen a lot sooner in the Central/Azami arc but I'm glad its finally here Soma seems to be getting back on track.

Boruto

I like how this for the most part all of the Hokage Naruto story that's supposed to be about Boruto has been about either Sarada or Naruto with Boruto almost relegated to a minor role in his own story. Maybe next week we'll finally see Boruto be relevant to the story.

Black Clover

Black Clover falls into the Bleach paradigm where people show up and the hardcore fans get excited and I'm like ???? Was this a character? Thats how I feel about this face turn by Mars. I really wish we could get another adventure/dungeon arc getting tired of these big battle scenes in BC the author does a good job with team combat but still struggles with balancing multiple fights.

Promised Neverland

My biggest question about this situation is what incentive is there for a mother to recommend a girl enter the mother program when said girl will grow up to come after the mother's job. That it happens makes sense (a lot of people speculated Mother was grooming Ema to be a mother herself) but it raises almost more question. What is the end game for a mother raise enough kids and potential mothers to buy her freedom? To buy the right to be a birth mother? I assume the best boys are kept alive to be fathers for some kind of birth mothers. Unless the demons are having their way with the human girls (or are men in disguise) these kids gotta come from some dude.

YGO Arc V

This duel has gone on way too long for a monthly series will need to reread it once its out.

Rwby

Oh hey look a week with no empty panels

Gold star

END

Shouta

So, Rurouni Kenshin is starting back up again. Not like a remake or anything. Nobuhiro Watsuki is picking up where he left off. He's going to do a story in Hokkaido with Kenshin, Yahiko, Soujiro, and the remnants of the Shinsengumi apparently.

Ray Down

Banned
So, Rurouni Kenshin is starting back up again. Not like a remake or anything. Nobuhiro Watsuki is picking up where he left off. He's going to do a story in Hokkaido with Kenshin, Yahiko, Soujiro, and the remnants of the Shinsengumi apparently.

Got a source.

Also god Watsuki can't get past Kenshin for the life of him, lol.

Shengar

Identity politics going too far. Americans are losing it. Not that there were any doubt after they elected Trump.

I don't particularly understand why Japan or even whole Asia in that matter have to follow with American identity politics. It's okay for them I guess, I better stay of this.

====

While this video talks about anime, I could tell you that this apply to manga as well since it's also a visual medium.
The video is good, and makes me understand why Tawawa become quite viral while female character with oversized breast usually only popular to their niche.

Neverland #20

Calling it now, Isabella will offer Emma to possibility to become a new mama. (Of course she will refuse, but still)

Now they have the chance to get some answers, it will be interesting to see how the author will avoid trying to give everything about the setting.

I wonder if itd would eventually be a series with a bad/sad end. All but emma ends up dying while on the run then the demons make her a mom.

I guess there will be an area in this world with a free human remnant at war with demons.

Promised Neverland is actually a sequel to Seraph of the End where the humans won but the majority became demons that threatened to destroy the world unless fed humans.

Zweizer

Banned
T-REX na Kanojo ch27

Churo is just fine the way she is~

Happy Sugar Life ch14

Boy, he had a hard life. Are there no child protection services in this universe?

I'm in NYC with my friends (which explains why I haven't been posting) and we went to see a showing of Belladonna of Sadness last night.

I...might need to make a thread or write a lengthy examination in the anime thread to unpack my thoughts about it.

The TLDR of it is "The 70s were fucked up"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nobuhiro Watsuki making Kenshin again... not sure what to think

Elf san wa yaserarenai 1
THICC
H
I
C
C
Dammit elf-san, treat yourself a better food. But seriously, reaction face in this manga is greato

Zannen Jokanbu Black general san 25
Limited edition figure 25.000 yen
Secretary as a maid: Priceless
For everything else, there's master card.
Totally worth getting nuked

Helck 81
Sweatingwipe

Is my hobby weird extra chapter
It happen to all of us. A cream fall into your body, one things after another you're suddenly having threesome.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

That's old news man I'm sure I read about that weeks ago.

Arabesque

That's old news man I'm sure I read about that weeks ago.

It's the third time it had been brought up in the thread thus far lol

Then again, I don't blame folks for not realising it till now. The announcement had been made without much fanfare and it's the holidays, so no one is paying much attention.

Arabesque

Since we are on this topic: the Kenshin Hokkaido Arc (so the sequel series) will be starting in April. Guess Viz will pick it up on the April 8th issue then.

Considering how he's utterly failed at creating anything successful since Kenshin ended, I can't really blame him.

That's not fair, I feel. Buso Renkin had the chance to be big, but Watsuki's health put a damper on him continuing it or going back to a weekly schedule.

The stuff that came after wasn't great, but his Kenshin stuff is still as good as it used to be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You guys realized the Fat Elf series is a fetish work done by a doujin artist that mostly does big women/tiny guy fetish hentai.

What am I saying, you guys probably knew.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
World's End Harem 15

Slow Grandpa is more of a man than MC, although I assume with how much this series loves its blueballs he's gonna reject all of the other chicks other than Sensei.

brawly

Rookies | 128

It's official. I'm obsessed. Woke up today at 6am because I couldn't sleep. Read Rookes until 9am. I'm just sad that I'm already halfway through. No way it'll go as far as I want :(

Lain

Hey guys, how's Trinity Seven ? There's like seventy chapters for it. Thanks !

It's not the greatest manga to be ever written but I enjoy it, mostly because of the main character's antics (he's not bad but likes to be a bit of an asshole and a perv and has no qualms about it). It's not a very serious story (well, serious events happen but because of the character's interactions the mood manage to stay positive most than not) with female characters to appease all kind of fetishes (big boobs, flat chests, shy, emotionless, tsundere etc etc) and battles to appease that action thirst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom