• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Ok so I finished Ultimo and I have absolutely no idea what happened in any of the series.
I even reread it earlier this year, I'm still lost.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This chapter of Kaguya was so good I already read it three times.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Attack on and of the Advancing Titan

I'm not sure if that was a translation error or whether we have timey-wimey gestalt-consciousness amongst the titans in general.

Until they get on with it and leave the damn orphanage that thing's NG for me. I'm not going to get dicked around ala World Trigger again. Don't promise me fantastic worlds and then shove me in a box, Jump.

FFS the series is 20 chapters in and we're rapidly approaching the escape calm down we'll get there soon enough.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
One Piece Still really good. Glad to see Jimbei back.

Boku Hero A joy. Friendship. Yay. In more seriousness, I like their punishment and I like Boku giving him some advice even if its the most generic nothing advice I can imagine. Seriously, when is Deku going to take a kickboxing class already? Also ending left me scratching my head a bit.

Demon's Plan I figured out why I keep reading this. It reminds me a lot of Demon's Souls, or at least the potential to be something like that. I don't down right hate the characters, while the art is a little generic, it's never "bad" and I keep finding enough to like that I go "All right, where are you trying to go here?"

Ray Down

Banned
I think it can happen. It would be what gets me interested in his character again.

Sanji won't kick Pudding though or any woman for that matter. Oda may have given him some great scenes this arc, but he's not going to suddenly remove his biggest character flaw. If anything, Oda sees the chivalry as positive and actually doubled-down on it with the Zeff flashback along with him even in this state still following Zeff teachings with not wasting food.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seeing this got an anime, I guess I'll read more than the 4 chapters I read before:

Hajimete no Gal

...yep, its still just wish fulfillment fantasy shit. Basically the entire plot is that a loser gets tricked into asking out the hottest most perfect waifu in the universe, and she goes with it because she's the hottest most perfect waifu in the universe. That's it. The entire plot revolves around a loser dating a loser's idealized masturbatory fantasy. He's a big loser, but since its a wish-fulfillment fantasy, being a huge fucking wuss doesn't actually matter and every time he fucks up it goes better than expected because the main girl is an idealized masturbatory fantasy.

The anime will probably be popular.

Attack on Titan 89

C04WfjwUsAILgz9.jpg

What the fuck happened to Mikasa's amazonian physique? This is bullshit.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What the fuck does that last page even MEAN? What are you doing Isayama you madman!

Angry Grimace

Attack on Titan 89

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What the fuck does that last page even MEAN? What are you doing Isayama you madman!

It's a shitty translation, but as far as I can tell they have some kind of shared consciousness that goes through time or something.

Taruranto

Shingeki 89

You know, people always said this was inspired by MUV-LUV, bet beyond the "human vs mysterious invaders" theme I could never see it much. Now that
time loop shenanigans
seem to be in place, I'm starting to see it.

Also the drawings this chapter felt worse than usual.

Shingeki 89

You know, people always said this was inspired by MUV-LUV, bet beyond the "human vs mysterious invaders" theme I could never see it much. Now that
time loop shenanigans
seem to be in place, I'm starting to see it.

Also the drawings this chapter felt worse than usual.

Don't think its a
time loop. More like a gestalt situation where these aren't the real humans.

And yeah the art was pretty bad here

shokugeki no soma 197

This past arc has been pretty good so far. Its easy to see why jouichirou quit. Everyone just keeps expecting more from him, and he's under a lot of pressure to deliver. Though it is kinda his fault for not letting up and taking it easy.

Angry Grimace

Don't think its a
time loop. More like a gestalt situation where these aren't the real humans.

And yeah the art was pretty bad here

Yeah, I don't get the impression it's supposed to go beyond some kind of shared consciousness amongst the specific titan hosts that can move forward in time, which is more like precognition than actual time travel.

It's also possible that we're seeing Grisha's memories from Eren's own view of them, which could color them to his own circumstances.

Deadly

Shingeki no Kyoujin 89
Holy shit what is going on?

MHA 121
I hope having a class with Class B means they'll have more screentime now. They're always fun when they appear

Shokugeni no Soma 197
Cue introduction of mother next episode...

One Piece 851
Wow I wasn't expecting another chapter this year after last weeks. But Jinbe yooo

Titan 89

Was this element needed? I dunno, gotta restock the mystery pile I guess. Art sucked real bad this chap though.

I thought the opposite actually; it's the cleanest I've seen the art in this in as long as I can recall. Historia, Hanji and Eren looked fantastic in this chapter.

As for Mikasa, they've been turning her more waifu than soldier physique-wise for a while now. Her face and body have been gradually softened over time. But in this chapter it was implied that she wasn't eating so that's probably why the author thought he could make her all anorexic even though it doesn't actually work like that. XD

mdubs

Banned
Attack on Titan 89.

I thought the art was fine. The first translation I saw was god-awful, holy moly.

I don't understand what is going on though with that time-skip between them in the basement and Eren randomly in jail

remz

Yeah, I don't get the impression it's supposed to go beyond some kind of shared consciousness amongst the specific titan hosts that can move forward in time, which is more like precognition than actual time travel.

It's also possible that we're seeing Grisha's memories from Eren's own view of them, which could color them to his own circumstances.

Re the latest chapter
Eren had a weird shared consciousness dream right at the start of the series, while his dad was still alive, before the attack, which was before he was injected with titan serum. I'm somewhat on board with the time travel plot.

well... at the very least eren was able to send the memory of Mikasa and Armin back in time to the other Eren, right?

I remain legit surprised that Aoyama didn't spend that long with Takagi/Sato's neither-here-nor-there and actually gave them a proper romantic resolution.

Yeah, I'm glad that things moved fast with them once you got through the initial stuff. Shiratori and Kobayashi got together pretty quickly, too.

But Naeko and Chiba are getting kind of a joke at this point. When will he even realize who she is?

kapowza

Wolfsmund 30-36 (end)

A suitably brutal end to a series which wasn't short on violence. Good to see
the Eternal Alliance finally giving it tight to the gentry.
Reminded me of Warren Ellis' graphic novella about the battle of Crecy.

Promises Promises. Death Note was well past Palmer at this point and I don't trust Jump to blow it's nose without cancelling something.

Thats around where L first reveals himself to Light, which same time in Promised Neverland we just had Chrone expose the fact she knows about the 5 kids and has formed an uneasy alliance with them and is about to explain more of the world. In terms of plot both series are at similar places at the same amount of time.

Erigu

[Shingeki no Kyojin 89]
well... at the very least eren was able to send the memory of Mikasa and Armin back in time to the other Eren, right?
Or Grisha did, since it's the exact same line he said to his son right before he turned him into a titan.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 176
Eh, I think letting the MC be eaten might be a less risky strategy. While I'd rather see him survive than his waifu, him being the sacrificial lamb would reduce the risk of the other girls being caught in the crossfire. Besides, I'd assume Loki still has his inbuilt magic jammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom