• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's what I said.

I just wish there were more closures with all the girls, but whatever, rushed ending.
Well, I mean, it actually would be kind of dumb if she just accepted right there - Keima never gets turned down and he turned her down pretty brutally. But her coming back at all is pretty much Chihiro ending, right?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TWGOK

Goddamn, Tenri got ethered in that letter. Much better as an actual chapter than as just spoiler text, too, since it explained why Keima did what he did.

The series end would have been so much better if he cut the past arc in half, and had it occur before the Goddess reconquests.

scy

TWGOK 268 [END] - Haqua won.

In all due seriousness, I wish some things were fleshed out a little more. I'll probably re-read at some point and see how it pieces together all at once instead of all this time between various chapters throughout.

Tenri though. Goddamn. Wow.

Angry Grimace

I ain't even mad. He actually had Keima pick someone and stick to it. He could have made it a lot worse.

jman2050

TWGOK 268 End

Keima trying to keep up his game face right down to the bitter end. Of course Dokurou was having none of that.

I almost feel bad for Tenri. Almost.
But not quite HAHAHA

Ending was fitting, manga was good, I enjoyed reading it the entire time, Haqua deserved more screentime.

tauke

TWGOK END

As someone who follow the series since the first chapter released... the ending is kind of ok to me. Not quite the closure I wanted to see as many stuff still goes unanswered like Kaori (what happened to her in the present time lol).

At least this series has led me and my friend to produce an art book doujin for it haha. Looking forward to Wakaki sensei next work.

Angry Grimace

Elsie's sister was handled really bad too. She just like offhandedly said that it was Akari, but that she wasn't really her sister anyways and then Wakaki just dropped any semblance of it being important.

scy

I ain't even mad. He actually had Keima pick someone and stick to it. He could have made it a lot worse.

I'm fine with that, too. Just wish it was handled better. Then again, this is also why I want to re-read and see if going through it all at once makes that stand out more. Up to this point, I just remember the whole thinking on it being "lol only girl to like him without a goddess + he seemed hurt over it == obviously best pair."

Lol, Keima picked the most boring/plain girl.

Easiest way to stand out with all these girls with powerful personalities / gimmicks: Don't have one.

I guess.

Angry Grimace

You have to admit, there really was a nice boat in that ending.

TWGOK 268 END

Call me an evil son of a bitch if you will.

I was jumping for joy when I saw that letter.

So good~

Series was nice even with all the wasted potential.

Would definitely read again.

Charade

TWGOK

Guys, I think I saw Haqua at the bottom of page 15. It's hard to make out, but I think I can see her tears.

Seriously though, okay ending given the time he had. Surprisingly not a lot of heartbreak. Unrealistic "hope for the future" stuff instead, but I guess that's necessary if you didn't want the series to end on a totally sour note.

jman2050

TWGOK 268 END

Call me an evil son of a bitch if you will.

I was jumping for joy when I saw that letter.

So good~

ccb7rfY.gif

spiritfox

TWGOK End

As the series that got me back into manga, I feel I need to write something about this. I actual chapter was better than what the spoilers led me to believe, and it was a decent end, although I feel that there should be an epilogue or something. Also, best girl won, so I'm not complaining.

The entire final arc was poorly paced and really killed the interest I had for this manga. I liked the premise at first, but it dragged too long, and introduced characters that, in the end, did not contribute much to the plot. If it wasn't a rushed ending Wakaki might have used them properly, but I can't even remember their names, so yeah.

It was still one of the best manga I've read over the years, though. Not the highest, but it holds a place in my heart.

Angry Grimace

TWGOK

Guys, I think I saw Haqua at the bottom of page 15. It's hard to make out, but I think I can see her tears.

Seriously though, okay ending given the time he had. Surprisingly not a lot of heartbreak. Unrealistic "hope for the future" stuff instead, but I guess that's necessary if you didn't want the series to end on a totally sour note.

He did as good of a job as he could salvaging a decent ending. I think there would have been a thread riot if he went with the "I love you all so I can't decide" ending.

The only acceptable solutions were picking Yokkyun or picking one of the girls and sticking with it.

The last arc was bad, but the ending is actually pretty decent/satisfying. The people who won't like it are those who are salty their favorite waifu lost.

upandaway

The World God Only Knows - END

It's over, huh. It was a really fun ride. The ending was good.

That Dokurou and Tenri, geez. Tenri especially, she lived with that letter ever since then. It's crazy. All of the goddess girls are in pieces now, look at Shiori. Crazy that they didn't even get the full explanation off-screen.

The boat in the ending was definitely a reference. This is TWGOK we're talking about, c'mon.

scy

He did as good of a job as he could salvaging a decent ending. I think there would have been a thread riot if he went with the "I love you all so I can't decide" ending.

Yeah. I'm curious as to why it suddenly ended (or was this always planned?) but it definitely wrapped up things far better than expected.

Yeah. I'm curious as to why it suddenly ended (or was this always planned?) but it definitely wrapped up things far better than expected.

Well there was that number theory about the pairing which coincides with the what chapter this ends with and what volume this ends with.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Did the girls become alcoholic wrecks?

Tenri hangs herself 4 years later.
Kanon goes into JAV.
Shiori becomes a full NEET and never leaves her home anymore.
Ayumi breaks her leg and quits track forever.
Tsukiyo slowly loses her sanity and eventually only talks to Luna.
Yui marries some girl but when they're having sex she thinks of Keima.

Kieli

Kanon goes into JAV.

What about noodle girl and chess girl and swimmer girl?

Fakeedit: Wait, what am I talking about. They don't even regain their memories.

Eleuin

I like what he did with shiori and tsukiyo being friends now

gimme those Yuri doujins

TWGOK END

As someone who follow the series since the first chapter released... the ending is kind of ok to me. Not quite the closure I wanted to see as many stuff still goes unanswered like Kaori (what happened to her in the present time lol).

At least this series has led me and my friend to produce an art book doujin for it haha. Looking forward to Wakaki sensei next work.
She went to america

Kanon goes into JAV.

So she remains best girl.

Defuser

TWGOK END

That was rather a shit ending for a Chihiro chosen route. Never did like Tenri but damn that was tragic and a stab in the gut which stayed there for over 10 years. Too bad we never see Urara in the present. Ayumi and Tenri got hit the hardest.

In the end I don't know what to think of this. It was a great read over the years when Keima was conquering girls but then it was mixed when the goddesses was introduced and went downhill when he went to the past. In the end, so much of the later parts got wasted on child keima, no epic climax/arcs/ get dragged on and the ending got rushed.

Overall:
The beginning = A
The middle = B
The end = C/D

Despite me being a supporter of Ayumi, I revisited the chapters,read and thought about it, I do admit Chihiro is the best girl for Keima for what she has done for him although Tenri has done more than that but I don't give a shit about her lol. I just wish Wakaki would have given a better ending for Keima and Chihiro instead of a cup of tea.

Edit :
And lol Haqua, I almost forgot about her although she was one of the top 3 girls that I like. Poor Haqua also.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What about noodle girl and chess girl and swimmer girl?

Noodle girl accidentally tips over a pot of broth and gets horrible burn scars over half her face.
Chess girl quits Shogi for Mahjong, falls into debt and gets into trouble with the Yakuza.
Swimmer girl drowns in an accident.

Kanon goes into JAV.

Elsie becomes a firefighter and marries one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom