• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTE| Thought it was a smut paradise, it was shounen hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Salt Lake ComicCon tomorrow.
Hopefully I can pick up some Evangelion stuff there. >.<

TWGOK:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
WHAT IS THIS.
That's how it ends? That's how the harem series ends?
Waste of time won't read again sharp knees 1/10 ech

If only he got to 898 chapters and 89 volumes.

We would have literally got the whole setting things up for the future by going through each girl one at a time.

Tenri hangs herself 4 years later.
Kanon goes into JAV.
Shiori becomes a full NEET and never leaves her home anymore.
Ayumi breaks her leg and quits track forever.
Tsukiyo slowly loses her sanity and eventually only talks to Luna.
Yui marries some girl but when they're having sex she thinks of Keima.

All sounds plausible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kanon goes into JAV.

Keima becomes a world-class game designer and uses all of their character arcs as the basis for his game. The girls sue him for the rights, but he wins and they lose all their money paying for the lawyers.

Kieli

Real talk, I wish there were more harems with mature (tm) wimmenz. Like Tenchi Muyo GxP (I have never watched the series, but they look like fine waifus).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Keima becomes a world-class game designer and uses all of their character arcs as the basis for his game. The girls sue him for the rights, but he wins and they lose all their money paying for the lawyers.

Chihiro gets spoiled by Keima's wealth and eventually becomes a vain and shallow oujo-sama with twin-drills.

wait that's a good end...

Akito

TWGOK (END)
Yokkyun got robbed! ROBBED!
It was actually a decent ending, all things considered, too bad the last arc went for w~ay too long. Yikes at dat letter.

Defuser

Kanon goes into JAV.

I ain't surprised there would be some doujin about this. You should sell the idea to those doujin groups.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Elsie becomes a stripper because she liked the idea of a "fireman's pole."

Ramen Girl is expelled from Tootsuki Academy in her first year after losing in a shokugeki to Megumi Tadokoro.

Mio marries the butler guy. He dies of old age a few years later.

Kusunoki marries the Most Interesting Man in the world and has the most fulfilling life ever.

The older Kasuga sister dies in a fiery car wreck because who cares about her.

Haqua spends all of her time in the real world watching Chihiro and Keima have sex while disguised using her celestial robe and crying.

Urara spends her life in jail after being convicted of various sex crimes.

Kurita

:haly
tumblr_n3mwhnNAB61r3gb3zo1_400.gif

scy

Kusunoki marries the Most Interesting Man in the world and has the most fulfilling life ever.

Haqua spends all of her time in the real world watching Chihiro and Keima have sex while disguised using her celestial robe and crying.

:lol

My two favorite girls got robbed. Robbed I say.

Mortemis

Banned
TWGOK

What a great ending. A nice part dedicated to Dokurou, Chihiro wins out in the end, the only thing that blows is no Haqua.
TWGOK 268 END

Call me an evil son of a bitch if you will.

I was jumping for joy when I saw that letter.

So good~

Series was nice even with all the wasted potential.

Would definitely read again.

So fucking good. The only downside is that it reminded me of how Zessica got shafted in Aquarion Evol. :(

Whats happening in here?

i now shudder to think what will happen when other "waifu" series finish up.

I love it when harem series have an actual ending, as in someone wins. The rage of the fanbase and all those salty tears are hilarious. Kudos to the mangaka for not trying to satisfy everyone with a harem ending and actually having someone win.

I can't wait until Nisekoi ends, it'll be glorious. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as someone does it'll be great.
Except if Onodera wins. Fuck that shit.

Kurita

All this Nisekoi discussion going on reminds me that I haven't kept up with the volume releases, I need to buy the ones I'm missing.

I love it when harem series have an actual ending, as in someone wins. The rage of the fanbase and all those salty tears are hilarious. Kudos to the mangaka for not trying to satisfy everyone with a harem ending and actually having someone win.

I can't wait until Nisekoi ends, it'll be glorious. It doesn't matter who wins, as long as someone does it'll be great.
Except if Onodera wins. Fuck that shit.

I agree, pretty impressive that there was even an ending for TWGOK instead of more harem adventures to come ahead or whatever.

Of course thanks to Negima, I just assume all harems will now say stay tune to our new series to find out who wins!

kasane

I hope they didnt reveal that she was a childhood friend, silent jelousy type of thing and then hints that she has connections to rakus dad

jman2050

Yui's role is going to be to sit around and be coy until Komi decides to get his shit together, after which she'll be around to conveniently explain everything.

10 more years!

What's the longest running Shounen Jump harem series?

A quick look at wikipedia and it seems that To-Love-Ru, I's and Ichiho 100% all ran for about 3 years in the magazine.

Of course To-Love-Ru does have Darkness so maybe that's the longest running now, lol.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
TWGOK end
THAT WAS WORSE THAN THE SPOILERS FUCK

FUCK THAT LETTER

his reasoning is sound though, I just don't get how he fell for Chihiro. Like I know he cried over her, but I don't know how he developed feelings for her in the first place. Lots of potential wasted obviously (Elsie's sister plot, why the people from the past aside from the grandpa were relevant, etc.), but it had to end somehow. I feel bad for all the goddess girls and Doukurou though.

Mortemis

Banned
I agree, pretty impressive that there was even an ending for TWGOK instead of more harem adventures to come ahead or whatever.

Of course thanks to Negima, I just assume all harems will now say stay tune to our new series to find out who wins!

Fuck Negima for doing that, one of the worst endings. That and a bunch of other unexplained it.
I'm pretty sure most if not all the people reading UQ Holder are reading it to find out who won, myself included. :(

kewlmyc

A quick look at wikipedia and it seems that To-Love-Ru, I's and Ichiho 100% all ran for about 3 years in the magazine.

Of course To-Love-Ru does have Darkness so maybe that's the longest running now, lol.

Yeah, not sure if Darkness counts or not considering that can go on forever since everyone loves vagina reflections apparently.

She's actually his mother.

Have we seen his mother? Is she dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom