• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
It went on hiatus this year but returned in June IIRC
Inoue just releases a chapter whenever he wants.
Sigh

I dont even want to bother with catching up on real.

I guess in 5 years theyll be finished.or not.

Anyways pretty crazy how much this thread has changed since it's inception. From only being active when the big 3 released to me not being able recognize more than one manga being discussed on this page. Do Gods beard and angry grimace still post here?

caesar

Banned
Is Tokyo Ghoul any good? The premise is interesting but the execution could easily be terrible.

Also, yes Rickert. Slap that devil.

Zweizer

Banned
Anyways pretty crazy how much this thread has changed since it's inception. From only being active when the big 3 released to me not being able recognize more than one manga being discussed on this page. Do Gods beard and angry grimace still post here?

I wonder if you lot didn't get bored discussing only the big 3.

Grimace-kun is still pretty active. I only see God's Beard chiming in a few times though.

I wonder if you lot didn't get bored discussing only the big 3.

Grimace-kun is still pretty active. I only see God's Beard chiming in a few times though.
I remember the smut seeping through the cracks.

Im pretty critical when it comes to art so im only able to handle a few manga. Has obata takeshi started a new project? Bakuman turned out to be fucking awful and i pretty much stopped caring when obata completely switched the art style up.

dramatis

Im pretty critical when it comes to art so im only able to handle a few manga. Has obata takeshi started a new project? Bakuman turned out to be fucking awful and i pretty much stopped caring when obata completely switched the art style up.
He did the manga adaptation of "All You Need is Kill".

Well, if you're into art, there's a great manga for you: Prison School.

Well you need to only know one major change and everything else will be all right...

Toriko is this threads main series. The reason why it isn't in the OP is so that we could give more smaller mangas a chance.

Also the mascot of MangaGAF (which is the official nickname for these threads as much as a Panda and his followers deny it) is Mappy a frog from the great series Toriko!

That pretty much sums it all up

Zweizer

Banned

If you like good art I suggest you read Prison School as dramatis suggested. It's smut, so this is a good chance for you to cure away the Big 3 boredom from the past.

If you prefer a more straightforward battle manga, Onepunch Man is probably the most popular one right now. The version drawn by Murata has godly art as well.

art huh? Well for starters Keyman: Hand of Judgement is great, but watchout for some nsfw shit.
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword is another great one with fantastic art and one you should not avoid because of the title. Its a real gem here, and even better if you played Dragon Quest V before.
Maou No Yuusha "be mine hero" is also great with some solid art, and shame if you haven't read it yet. And Iris Zero because i am a big fan of it and its great.

Revo

Tower of God s2e119

Aw, missed meetup. Also woo guardian fight next chapter maybe.

So much idoling this arc.

Zweizer

Banned
Bullshit.

Aw don't be so bitter. I'll even give you the official MangaGAF t-shirt~

pMe5Izl.jpg

Is Tokyo Ghoul any good? The premise is interesting but the execution could easily be terrible.

Also, yes Rickert. Slap that devil.

You should read it. The manga is really great and the execution is handled really well. I mean the author loves adding symbolism and his foreshadowing is excellent. Also the Art increases dramatically later on once the author gets his footing.

Akito

I doubt I can make it even then. Shit.

Welp, it was a good run.
It's a Seo manga so you can write accurate impressions without even reading it, just write variations of "oh god this manga fuckings sucks, why is everyone so stupid, why am I doing this to myself" and you're set. #gamechanger

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Well, uh, at least you don't have to read Suzuka anymore.

But I'd have to wear an avatar for 167-30 = 137 days, which is basically... more than 4 months.

Sucky, but what can I do. Even if I got extra time, I wouldn't be able to read until next saturday anyway because I'm busy during the week.

It's a Seo manga so you can write accurate impressions without even reading it, just write variations of "oh god this manga fuckings sucks, why is everyone so stupid, why am I doing this to myself" and you're set. #gamechanger

#truthbombs
#whereisthattrainguyagain?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Oh yeah.

Suzuka 30-60

Why am I doing this to myself, Yamato and Suzuka are the worst, etc. etc.

Zweizer

Banned
I'd say it's worse to waste time and brain cells reading Suzuka than being stuck with a sucky avatar for 4 months, but that's just me. ┐('~`;)┌

Shhh.

Stulaw

Masamune-kun no Revenge 19

Didn't see the plot device coming at the end, I did however see the fact that
Neko and Makabe had met as children, little Neko was cute.
Still, I don't see a reason for the manga to go on for too long now.

dani_dc

Oh yeah.

Suzuka 30-60

Why am I doing this to myself, Yamato and Suzuka are the worst, etc. etc.

I can't believe Yamato dated Miki, especially since she was best friends with Suzuka, what an assholish thing to do, right?
Not that it excuses Suzuka undermining their relationship afterwards though, what was up with that? =\

Saito-kun wa Esper Rashii 25-26

When your series gets axed (what seems abruptly) the best thing to do is to have your character commit suicide.

So yeah, way to introduce a potential new story line and then kill the series off five pages later, lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom