• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Baka ga Zenra de Yattekuru end
So, what a wonderful ending it is "i" decide to follow his dream even if he is strip naked of everything. This is inspiring in it's own way.

Beautiful. Damn beatiful.

something bad like Nana to Kaoru

I legitimately dislike Nana to Kaoru

LL

Because of the smut? Well, that's a shame.

I don't like the S&M angle and I hate the characters.

wow ;_;

so mean

I don't dislike it myself, though it hasn't given me anything that has convinced me to read it any faster than I have. That and the formatting and placement of all the text.

I read like 40 chapters. I gave it a fair go. Just couldn't click with it.

you know I'm right

Akito

I said this before but I do dislike Nana to Kaoru
's art
. Lost interest in it after a while, same for Prison School
(I like the art for that though)
. Come at me Mangaf.

Zweizer

Banned
she was ok, but nothing to make me stick with something I didn't like.

Kaoru was the main sticking point. Couldn't stand him whatsoever.

She gets better and better. A shame you didin't continue reading it.

I can understand being annoyed by Kaoru though, even if he gets a fair amount of character development throught the series. He's not exactly the most charismatic protagonist.

's art
. Come at me Mangaf.

never understood the dropping stuff mainly because of art reason tbh

also the prison school part might get some heat here :p

Zweizer

Banned
's art
. Come at me Mangaf.

Prison School's art is light years better than Nano to Kaoru's.

Nana to Kaoru is like amateur hour ahegao shit. it's bad.

No manga has sexier lips and tongues than Nana to Kaoru. Y'all should be ashamed.

I can understand being annoyed by Kaoru though, even if he gets a fair amount of character development throught the series. He's not exactly the most charismatic protagonist.

it stings when you realize he easily can be but doesn't because he basically gave up.

Also that was kinda the point (for better or worse) even to where another character lampshades it.

Zweizer

Banned
it stings when you realize he easily can be but doesn't because he basically gave up.

Also that was kinda the point (for better or worse) even to where another character lampshades it.

Relationships are complicated like that. I hope Nana will make her move next since Kaoru has proved himself to be too stubborn (and cowardly) for that.

Wolfsmund 1-10

I had previously dropped this because it was too bleak and I've never been much of a fan of the "super fucked up sadistic villain wins" thing, but I accidentally spoiled the ending for myself, so I thought I'd pick it up again.

Still fucked up, but less so than I remember. While the sexual assault on a child was damn disturbing (as was the aftermath), more people have lived than I expected. Didn't think a single person would make it through the Wolf's Maw, but I was happy to be proven wrong. Was also expecting to see a bunch of kids die, but all but one have been spared so far.

So yeah, I'm enjoying it.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
oh shit, is Saucy quitting?

if you have a good excuse Saucy I can give you a stay of execution for a day or two.

If not, it's KNIM avatar for you.

Even if you give me extra time, I can't really read until next Saturday at the earliest. Legitimately have too many things to do that are more important. Babysitting threw my schedule out of whack.

Even if you give me extra time, I can't really read until next Saturday at the earliest. Legitimately have too many things to do that are more important. Babysitting threw my schedule out of whack.

I'm not going to be an ass about it, at the end of the day it's for fun. If you think you can get it read next week then I have no problem with you doing that. I know real life gets in the way of things.

If not, rip.

so it's up to you.

Just give me a heads up either way.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not going to be an ass about it, at the end of the day it's for fun. If you think you can get it read next week then I have no problem with you doing that. I know real life gets in the way of things.

If not, rip.

so it's up to you.

Just give me a heads up either way.

I'll just try to get the next 60 done next week then? If that works anyway.

Quasar

Been shit since mc hasnt fought for a while

Come on

Well I've enjoyed it leaving aside format issues (short weekly chapters just doesn't work for me - I'd rather longer monthly or bi-monthly ones). But it is nice seeing some fight scenes again.

Revo

Suicide Island Vol9

I've never really been a fan of the development of the type of group that Sawada leads, it just isn't as interesting as them coming together to survive or watching Sei learn to hunt.

This vol was pretty much focused on the fight between them, with attacks from both sides. And Nao is pregnant, of course you would be without protection.

Meh volume because I don't really enjoy the fighting.

Zweizer

Banned
I couldn't disagree more. There's way more to Black Label than being able to be more graphic.

Well it's not that I found it bad but I didn't really care much for the characters it focused on and outside of the symbolic connotations it depicting exclusively rope play kinda annoyed me. That aside, I did like the various parallels and themes, even if Nana and Kaoru's relationship is kind of weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom