• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kaoru Mori: Butts and Legs

Cute little collection of stories about butts and legs.

Ok, not really, but man she can draw a good pair of buttocks and legs.

Cute series of short stories.

One thing I do love about mori is her ability to geek out on the weirdest things.

Quixzlizx

Oh, I visited the Kyoto International Manga Museum today. It's more of a really extensive manga cafe that has people sitting/lying all over the place reading manga than a museum, but there were a couple of exhibits... including a Kancolle art exhibit that had some somewhat lewd pieces. The third (less lewd, official art) room of the exhibit allowed photographs, so I'll share those later. A trailer for the anime was also playing there.

Shengar

Its about 5 pages dedicated fully to corset and fireplace.
But what surprise me most it's not Kaoru Mori obsession, but its the fact that there are books who cover those with detail, in Japanese.

Antiwhippy

Its about 5 pages dedicated fully to corset and fireplace.
But what surprise me most it's not Kaoru Mori obsession, but its the fact that there are books who cover those with detail, in Japanese.

Her amazing attention to detail is part of why her mangas look so amazing really.

Eden: It's an endless world Vol. 2

kNQZgP9.png

Prepare to be destroyed.

Kurita

Oh, I visited the Kyoto International Manga Museum today. It's more of a really extensive manga cafe that has people sitting/lying all over the place reading manga than a museum, but there were a couple of exhibits... including a Kancolle art exhibit that had some somewhat lewd pieces. The third (less lewd, official art) room of the exhibit allowed photographs, so I'll share those later. A trailer for the anime was also playing there.
Also went there this summer, it's true that it's not really a museum.
There was an exhibit about Tsuchida Seiki back then. Never heard of him before but his works seem great. He died at a young age apparently...

Nisekoi 141

Best characters, best couple and they have the best chapters too.

If the manga where about those two it woul be 100% better.

It does say "currently popularly read manga". And exactly what are a lot of people reading right now?

That's right. Suzuka.

What have we done....

Shengar

Munou no Hito
Damn, this is as incomplete as it can get. We never know why he forced to stop drawing.
As much as people said this about nihilism, I thougt this is much more of a satirical black comedy on pretentious people who thought high of themselves but ended up doing nothing. Maybe nihilism will get more focus on later chapter with the appearance of that Zen Monk, but unless we have the untranslated chapter, we don't know for sure. Personally I don't found this very depressing. Actually it's kinda funny because sometimes I think like that man (not selling rocks of course).

Ya know what, I'm willing to bet that more people here have read nozaki than suzuka.

Perhaps, but is everyone reading it right now?

We don't get chapters of Nozaki-kun often, but a lot of regular posters here are reading Suzuka daily and posting reactions.
(you're welcome)

Suzuka will probably go once the book club is over.

Antiwhippy

True, though my next argument is how many people are actually enjoying which manga. :p

But yeah, I don't mind suzuka being on the banner. Do enjoy reading people's impressions of it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

We don't get chapters of Nozaki-kun often, but a lot of regular posters here are reading Suzuka daily and posting reactions.
(you're welcome)

Suzuka will probably go once the book club is over.

You play us like a damn fiddle!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

=============================================================

Mob Psycho 68

Reigen, don't be an idiot. Mob have finally find his place. Don't mess him up

Defuser

Nisekoi 141
You know I'm sure although we rather see the beta couple advance but the thing is it's fucking Nisekoi. Shuu hasn't had any feelings for anybody yet and Ruri is still in tsundere mode, their progress sorta worst than Raku's nonsense.

Tokyo DTED ch 3
Oh man, a ray of hope? I hope it all comes crashing down in the next chapter lol.

Ojojojo 1-21
She is a multi-millionare daughter who is an arrogant person
He is a weird guy who spents his time staring at clouds
They are dating.

Tokyo DTED
"ray of hope"
bad end engage

Revo

Alice in Borderland 13

I guess hearing about Karube's injury should have been the flag that went off about how this was going to end. In effect, everyone but Ryouhei was too crippled (emotionally/physically) to realistically keep going on (although I think Karube could have died at a later point, sacrificing himself in a physical game to allow Ryouhei to go on). It's just kinda jarring to be so early no more group (for now). Chouta and girl were good deaths to have here as they serve essentially no purpose further on. Chouta was here to get them into this game/initial cast of characters and the girl was used to distance chouta and provide initial info. Not much else for them.

Another way of looking at this is that we get all the bluh bluh muh friends are dead out of the way earlier on and we go into the plot with a darkened Karube faster this way. I don't really like thinking about it this way though as it makes it seem like everything before the darkening doesn't matter besides the fact that he wasn't always dark.

I'm glad that there wasn't a full team weasel out of it (again, would have probably been fine with Karube and Ryouhei getting out through some ruleslip and having the other 2 die) and the burning dome spread was pretty nice looking.

Finalow

good ending
Lol.

was I the only one that thought that arima was dead the whole time? From the way they talked about him or the fact that he basically never showed up until the ending. whatever, I'll read the sequel but I'm not really excited about it. my head hurts after all those fights, it takes effort to actually follow them.

guys, recommend me and my "psychotic" friend some romance, slice of life manga.
I don't know why he likes romance when he is clearly insane, but I'll roll with it

Usobuko

Banned
The World Is Mine is a pretty savage manga. Been a while since I read something like this.

Alice in Borderland 13

I guess hearing about Karube's injury should have been the flag that went off about how this was going to end. In effect, everyone but Ryouhei was too crippled (emotionally/physically) to realistically keep going on (although I think Karube could have died at a later point, sacrificing himself in a physical game to allow Ryouhei to go on). It's just kinda jarring to be so early no more group (for now). Chouta and girl were good deaths to have here as they serve essentially no purpose further on. Chouta was here to get them into this game/initial cast of characters and the girl was used to distance chouta and provide initial info. Not much else for them.

Another way of looking at this is that we get all the bluh bluh muh friends are dead out of the way earlier on and we go into the plot with a darkened Karube faster this way. I don't really like thinking about it this way though as it makes it seem like everything before the darkening doesn't matter besides the fact that he wasn't always dark.

I'm glad that there wasn't a full team weasel out of it (again, would have probably been fine with Karube and Ryouhei getting out through some ruleslip and having the other 2 die) and the burning dome spread was pretty nice looking.

Did you enjoy the lamb streak?

I'm also glad there wasn't some bullshit method to break the game.

Usobuko

Banned
Lamb streak?

To be more precise, Mutton.

I meant the prize after the game which was essentially a middle finger right in the face of the survivor ( Ryouhei ).

'Please enjoy after your tiring game'

guys, recommend me and my "psychotic" friend some romance, slice of life manga.
I don't know why he likes romance when he is clearly insane, but I'll roll with it

Oyasumi Punpun.

scy

It does say "currently popularly read manga". And exactly what are a lot of people reading right now?

That's right. Suzuka.

(you're welcome)

I feel like this is a slippery slope.

This is all my fault.

I've doomed us.

Revo

To be more precise, Mutton.

I meant the prize after the game which was essentially a middle finger right in the face of the survivor ( Ryouhei ).

'Please enjoy after your tiring game'

Ah, that's what I thought you meant but I wasn't sure.

Right now it just feels like a way to have Ryouhei get fired up to be against them.The outburst itself didn't feel anything too special (although I did like the rotating gaaahhhh at the start) and was easily overshadowed by the burning dome. Come to think of it, Ryouhei did cook the sheep so maybe he isn't better than the ones controlling the game :p

Right now there's not enough information to judge too much on how much taunting they're going to do (whether it was a taunt specifically at Ryouhei for abandoning the game, or a preplanned taunt for whoever won the game). I don't recall the girl's hearts getting a taunt at the end so it could also just be based on difficulty level. Basically, need more chapters to get an accurate feel for it :p

I would have also only had 3 pieces of meat to represent sacrificing 3 lambs if it was a taunt specifically at Ryouhei and not an in general one.

kewlmyc

Nisekoi 141:

The reason I occasionally glance at the manga. Love me some RuriXShuu. Time to go back to not reading it.
Who am I kidding, I'll read it next week too.

I read Tokyo Ghoul around the same time the Final Fantasy XV TGS trailer was revealed. So, I was listening to some of its ost while reading, I though this particular track suits the manga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJVY9grIxlk

Yeah it really does fit the melancholy and oppressive atmosphere of Tokyo Ghoul. But who would of thought you could find something of Final Fantasy 15 that suits Tokyo Ghoul.

Oh here are these other OST from the anime of Tokyo Ghoul that fits the manga( best part of shitty adaption).

This one fits the oppressive atmosphere of Tokyo Ghoul.
http://youtu.be/63jbksEqycQ

And this one gives a urgent feel.
http://youtu.be/0wIedhX6Oyw

MSMrRound

Shokugeki No Soma 89 (Chinese raw or w/e you guys call them)

new
waifu get. That was easy for Soma.

Oh dammit they are not done are they.

*Continues reading*

OH DAMMIT TOSH!

Zweizer

Banned
Suzuka ch46

Now she's the stalker.
How appropriate.

Suzuka ch47

Yeah we really needed a new girl. We totally didn't have enough drama as it is.

Suzuka ch48

Damn she really destroyed him.

Suzuka ch49

Get a fucking clue already.

Suzuka ch50

Ahahaha what the fuck. Of course. Fuck.

Suzuka ch51

Holy shit that's the dumbest self-destruction I've ever seen.

Suzuka ch52

Honoka is too good for you you fucking nimrod.

Suzuka ch53

I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Suzuka ch54

Holy fuck what the fuck are you saying you piece of shit.

Suzuka ch46

Now she's the stalker.
How appropriate.

Suzuka ch47

Yeah we really needed a new girl. We totally didn't have enough drama as it is.

Suzuka ch48

Damn she really destroyed him.

Suzuka ch49

Get a fucking clue already.

Suzuka ch50

Ahahaha what the fuck. Of course. Fuck.

Suzuka ch51

Holy shit that's the dumbest self-destruction I've ever seen.

Suzuka ch52

Honoka is too good for you you fucking nimrod.

Suzuka ch53

I'm surprised he lasted this long.

Suzuka ch54

Holy fuck what the fuck are you saying you piece of shit.

Yamato is one of the most shittiest MCs I've seen in manga. Like Seo how could you make a MC this terrible, including Suzuka because she's even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom