• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uchi no Maou Kamimasen yo 01

cB8uh6v.jpg

The normal story of your average boy taking care of the Demon King Satan as his pet. Simple things like taking him on walks, playing fetch with him, not fight against Saber etc, etc.

Demon King Satan has never been more adorable and tsun-tsun~

Akito

Mix 28
Man, I wonder how long until we actually see Tatsuya/Minami/their kids, Adachi must really be enjoying teasing us.

Y'all should read Mix.

It's really good, especially if you like Japanese grammar jokes, baseball manga that's only sorta about baseball, a cool dog named Punch, potential love triangles, Adachi stuff in general etc.

When I started helping out we were on ch. 22 and miles behind the releases, but now we're only 1 behind :D

well maybe 2 soon depending on when 30 releases in Japan, but still.

it's great.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Keyman 22
Dun DUN DUUUUN!

Blood lad 39
It finally got updated and is starting to get interesting again.

Area D 86
Things sure have changed when I first thought this manga was like the Xmen.

Shiny Doll 07

Oh huh, it suddenly ended?

Well she got her guy, gain self confidence and everything was KIRA KIRA!

Pretty average shoujo all in all but I guess being short enough it didn't drown in its melodramatic self too long.

Nordicus

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 9

Wow, 2 chapters with so little time between each translation? Quite a surprise, not only is this manga seriously dialog-heavy, each chapter is around 40 pages

Aaaaanyway, so much happened, which isn't a surprise because so many chapters have pretty consistently had multiple scenes in them. Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru isn't the kind of manga to dwell on a quiet moment with a full-page panels very long.

I SO wished Mozuya's dream was true. I thought it'd be a nice bit of spice to Bantarou's character if he bragged to his little brother how he's popular and that he thinks Mozuya is seriously annoying. Everyone has their little dark side, but aside from Bantarou's possible masochism, he has none so far. This slightly Bobby Hill-looking fella is pure to the core.

Which is why this bit made me laugh like an idiot.
His reaction actually came from eating a 5th bowl of shaved ice as per Mozuya's request

Mozuya got this idea that Bantarou is deliberately hiding his "true" character and that it'll eventually spring out violently if she keeps poking him and his little brother. She gets sidetracked when she starts getting attached to Bantarou's sick little brother.
3swWPfu.jpg

Oh boy did I like that Yuujirou hit Mozuya with all those accidental guiltbombs! Bantarou apparently always hides the wounds she gets from Mozuya by saying that the fennec fox he adopted gave him those, and that he can't leave it alone because Bantarou believes that the fox is just a good, spoiled little kid on the inside, and that it really needed all the help. So he told her that, and then another day Yuujirou showed Mozuya the little toy present that Mozuya previously broke, forcing Bantarou to buy another with the little money he had. Uuuuuuuh yes, rub it in, show her how much you treasure your brother's presents Yuujirou!

I'm starting to like that perverted nurse. She's such a pathological liar and a fraud through and through, it's just so ridiculous that it kinda smacks right through my suspension of disbelief and makes me not hate her anymore.

The final therapy scene was nice. The therapist was a little reserved but he had such nice resistance towards Mozuya's bluffs, and though Mozuya's "self-diagnosis" was a bit weird, it wasn't entirely without merit.

I really liked this chapter. Seems like Mozuya is going to get some "love advice" from the nurse next time. It can only go horribly wrong

Seitokai Tantei Kirika 12

It's interesting that the main character has suddenly coming up with plans to save the day when I never expected this from him.

Soma

Parasyte [End]

That was quite a ride.

I went into this expecting a fairly basic sci-fi horror with some nice monster designs but beyond the horror and comedic elements, the story touches on a very interesting introspective on what it means to be 'human'. The manga does a fairly good job at humanizing the villains (both alien and human alike) and while I found the first half up until Reiko's death to be more enjoyable, this is definitely a well written story that shouldn't be missed. There was a point while reading this that completely drew me in and I couldn't stop reading it.

Probably one of my only complaints would be the action scenes. While the transformations are very grotesque and very well drawn, the action scenes themselves feel very stiff from panel to panel. I know it's not easy to portray a good sense of kinetic movement in manga but a lot of the scenes felt very lacking in that department. This is also why I'm really looking forward to the anime adaption as the trailer seems very promising from an action standpoint. The updated character designs are looking very solid as are the production values. Hope Madhouse is able to do the adaption justice because its a series that deserves it (even if it'll most likely get censored to hell and back in the TV broadcast).

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki 24

not dying

OPM 53

I guess this is how Murata stalls for time while the original's still progressing at a snails pace. I approve!

Mob Psycho 100 68

goddamnit reigen you done fucked up

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
what happened? it's been awhile since i read it but it was a great read.

Wycliffe died trying to save katia from the same fate as the girl who stepped on the mine years ago, failed, both of them got exploded with katia losing half her body, and the khan mercy kills her.

Usobuko

Banned
Elijah Ballard was more distinctive to me. Been a long time since I read Eden too but I do remember the mine incident.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Eden: It's an endless world vol. 4

I keep wanting to type out the title as eden of the east. Which I feel is a slight against eden: it's an endless world.

Also is this the first manga to reference malcolm x? This manga is great.

Also some kenji origin story. Nice.

Shengar

Why do you guys like to suffer so much
Parasyte [End]

Probably one of my only complaints would be the action scenes. While the transformations are very grotesque and very well drawn, the action scenes themselves feel very stiff from panel to panel. I know it's not easy to portray a good sense of kinetic movement in manga but a lot of the scenes felt very lacking in that department. This is also why I'm really looking forward to the anime adaption as the trailer seems very promising from an action standpoint. The updated character designs are looking very solid as are the production values. Hope Madhouse is able to do the adaption justice because its a series that deserves it (even if it'll most likely get censored to hell and back in the TV broadcast).

The stiffness of the "action" is become somewhat Iwaaki's charming point on his drawing style. Not it was particularly good, nor it is bad, personally at least.

Shengar

Be careful, that edge might cut you inyour sleep

Tamurabon (Parasyte doujin)
That was really cute, epecially the last chapter.
Its remind me of Reiko's death ;__;

dani_dc

Toriko 295

A land of primates sounds very interesting, I hope the author manages to make good use of the intelligence angle.

Surprised they aren't taking anyone to look over Komatsu.

dani_dc

Tamurabon (Parasyte doujin)

I wasn't expecting an actual hentai, it was cute for what it was, though obviously glad the series ending was nothing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom