• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Jojo has crazy powers to make up for it mostly.

ES21 is like... Sena has a FASTER STEP!? I guess the subject matter doesn't really help.

I still enjoyed it quite a lot though. Fun characters with fun interactions. Plus the art helps make Gridiron actually interesting.
Come on son, Sena has the Devil Bat Dive, Devil Bat Ghost, Devil Bat Hurricane...

Kimi no Iru Machi 246

Of course Haruto will have some kind of problem with his job. Because all this time he's been praised for his cooking. To not do something involving cooking would be such a waste. Just wish Seo would take us straight to when he gets his own restaurant as opposed to the company detour bs.

KNIM 246

So this is the last drama of this series.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

You guys were right. Just finished off reading the fifth volume of Yotsuba&. There's such a fine balance of charm and comedy and innocence. The time flew by as I read them, cannot wait to order some more.

Is Yotsuba's origin discussed a little more in later volumes? I understand she's an orphan so I guess that can be explored.

Either way, really glad I finally bothered picking them up. Thanks for the heads up.

Hayate 423
So they can't tell she's sick. Really.. `_'

Assassination Classroom 58-59
They thought this assassination extremely well out. Wonder how it will turn bad

dumbyugi

You guys were right. Just finished off reading the fifth volume of Yotsuba&. There's such a fine balance of charm and comedy and innocence. The time flew by as I read them, cannot wait to order some more.

Is Yotsuba's origin discussed a little more in later volumes? I understand she's an orphan so I guess that can be explored.

Either way, really glad I finally bothered picking them up. Thanks for the heads up.

It hasn't really been discussed at all yet. In fact it might never be talked about. All we know is that she was adopted.

Malvingt2

Magi

Oh look the beam spam arc is over now it's waifu wars *sigh* the quality has really gone down the drain.

I don't really care for the plot points left in the story after this arc

-one other magi to yet to be shown(we already got enough of these)
-Aladdin trying to find a away to turn black rukh back into white obvisously going to be used to turn princes Zuko back to the good side of the force.(that's lame)
-al Sherman have been reduced to power rangers type villains trying to summon there master& other monsters like reta& lord z

Nothing of interest to look forward too.

Being magi fan is like being a square Enix fan right now (suffering), I hope duckroll is right for once and this manga ends soon.

yeah, the manga is horrible. Drop it.

and I forgot about this image that Ohtaka put in her blog

tumblr_ma23uapvY11qm9b8do1_500.jpg

Skab

Magi

Oh look the beam spam arc is over now it's waifu wars *sigh* the quality has really gone down the drain.

I don't really care for the plot points left in the story after this arc

-one other magi to yet to be shown(we already got enough of these)
-Aladdin trying to find a away to turn black rukh back into white obvisously going to be used to turn princes Zuko back to the good side of the force.(that's lame)
-al Sherman have been reduced to power rangers type villains trying to summon there master& other monsters like reta& lord z

Nothing of interest to look forward too.

Being magi fan is like being a square Enix fan right now (suffering), I hope duckroll is right for once and this manga ends soon.

We already know/have seen all of the Magi, btw.

I don't know about you but I kinda enjoyed the beam spam and magic-hitler arc.
It was fun trying to decide whether or not that old geezer was a "good" guy or a hitler (turns out he was hitler).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
He was pretty hitlerish even at the start.

But yeah, I did enjoy the last arc, beam spam and all. Maybe a little less with the beam spam would make it better. Just gotta hope that's not how all battles end now.

Akito

Silver Spoon 87
This was great comedy-wise and we also learned a lot about Alexandra, Shingo as well as Mother Russia. Okawa deserved it if he still hasn't learned anything during the last couple of chapters.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Silver Spoon

Goddamn shingo that lucky bastard.

Fun chapter. I think okawa trolling is probably my new favourite thing.

dramatis

Silver Spoon 87

There's been mention of German sausage and Russians now, I wonder if Arakawa can integrate more international agricultural stuff.

scy

Kingdom 228-231 - Renpa being a beast, Shin being a beast. Yup.

That cover though.

Edit:

Silver Spoon 87 - Crabbing is a lucrative venture.

Kingdom 228-231

Amazing chapters. And those last two pages oh ma gawd. It's a win for Shin and the Qin but with Renpa looming behind Mougou...

the cover :( please don't let that happen

Konya mo Nemurenai 14
tumblr_mty1shl70I1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Rikiya is captured and Verde and Gorou have their moment. It was worth it just for their progress and how quickly he was able to get over Endo, but still time was urgent. I hope they get a longer scene in the volume release or their own spinoff chapter someday. Though for the plot another two months of waiting for how they can rescue Rikiya from the demons. Still remains one of the best in the genre.

Everytime a chapter of SnK gets released I fear it reminds me more and more of Berserk and Claymore. Heck even Vagabond. Not in quality, but in taking forever to do what your main goal is supposed to be. Or just being ongoing for way too long.

I've been running low on manga to read/anime to watch recently and have resorted on giving a chance to stuff I never bothered with. Has anyone here read Yokazura Quartet? Seems interesting enough. Reminds me of Madoka Box.

Akito

Birdmen 4
Well that was easy. I wonder what the drawbacks are being a Birdman.

Genshiken 91
Kudos to Kio for actually letting the characters sit down and talk about it, the harem is more than real at this point. Still not sure which pairing I wanna ship, Madarame himself is probably not too interested in any of them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But that doesn't explain the world championship arc. Emotionally drained after the Christmas Bowl, you're thrown into a mess of dull subplots and racial ignorance. ES21's biggest flaw is that it goes on for one arc too long.

Blame editors.

G.ZZZ

Blame editors.

The christmas bowl was already after expiry date anyway. The match against Shin was pretty bad out there imho. Dinosaurs, Naga and all the older matches felt much less "forced" than everything after Dinosaurs and Ooujo match.

AV Gokko 2

Interesting or weird premise for this one shot in this volume, but then the reveal kind of brought a smile. Of all the things to happen on a train and then with the one he was in love with.

Namaiki na Ryouken no Shitsukekata 2

Like the first chapter the yakuza storyline is dull, but the added identity crisis plot with the Yakuza trying to sort out his preferences made it a page turner and rather worthwhile.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
International Jump TOC for September 30th 2013

World Trigger
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (Finale)
Nisekoi
One Piece
Toriko
Naruto
One-Punch Man
Bleach
Dragon Ball

Previews: A new series and Blue Exorcist

BatDan

Alright DetectiveGAF, search the shadows to see what series we're getting next week.
Unless... did they announce that there would be a new series in the Japanese Jump?

That shadow is the broad from Soma. They gonna look like fools though when Soul Catcher(S) blows up. They will have no credibility.

You're going to have to be more specific when it comes to women in SnS.
Also, give it up. Soul Catcher(S) is not going to catch on.

Haly

What J-WSJ series has a protag with:

Generic shounen hair.
Generic jacket.
Generic katana-shaped sword.

I'd say Sword Art Online but that can't possibly be true.

Generic shounen hair.
Generic jacket.

Sword Art Online is literally my gut reaction to that image but yeah, it can't be true since it isn't a Shonen Jump series.

upandaway

Generic shounen hair.
Generic jacket.

See the weird little teeth on the neck part of the jacket. That alone should be enough to narrow it down to 1 series, probably.

If there's even one

BatDan

Sword Art Online is literally my gut reaction to that image but yeah, it can't be true since it isn't a Shonen Jump series.

Yen Press owns the NA rights to SAO so it can't be that.

They also said it might not be a series that's in Weekly Jump, so possibly Jump Square or Young Jump?

Haly

Could be, he's missing the hat and the cape though.

Alright DetectiveGAF, search the shadows to see what series we're getting next week.
Unless... did they announce that there would be a new series in the Japanese Jump?

You're going to have to be more specific when it comes to women in SnS.
Also, give it up. Soul Catcher(S) is not going to catch on.
Thought it was a volume cover.

Soul Catcher(S) will catch on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom