• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes April 14th

i never get tired of the masterful pR

CCvog3FWgAAMdGU.png:large

Xenus

Not sure why this is surprising. It's the biggest exclusive game on the system this year. They will more than likely use it in every Xbox One statement until 2016.

Lol they could still be using it in mid 2016 till whatever big marketing deal\exclusive they have in fall launches

GnawtyDog

Banned
Damn, that Microsoft spin is kinda pathetic.

You want better spin? More creative? Lets not kid ourselves, part of the entertainment in these threads is the way MS PR tries to obfuscate poor data and make that data look better than it's (for those not in the know about the wording of PR statements).

What we all want to know is da gap this month.

Trogdor1123

So if sales are down does that mean another xbox price cut coming? I sure hope so. I want the dev mode (for emulators) and a price cut. Surely that's not asking too much is it lol.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Twitch broadcasts!? What the feck??

MS, i'm sure there's a better statistic you could come up with....right?

So is this going to be 2014 all over again? I mean PS4 winning NPD every month except for Holidays? That's pretty boring. I want surprises! Shyamalanesque Tweests! :(

I guess we'll have to wait until E3 or Gamescom for stuff to get real. Microsoft will surely counter with something big, no?

That's actually a fair point, since you would expect them to at the very least be 20% up compared to Feb by virtue of it being a five week tracking period. Them dodging the question of this month's hardware sales outside of a LTD comparison to the 360 does suggest March was not kind to the Xbone.

Xenus

So if sales are down does that mean another xbox price cut coming? I sure hope so. I want the dev mode (for emulators) and a price cut. Surely that's not asking too much is it lol.

They won't give you another pricecut till fall even if sale s are in the toilet unless Sony announces one.

So is this going to be 2014 all over again? I mean PS4 winning NPD every month except for Holidays? That's pretty boring. I want surprises! Shyamalanesque Tweests! :(

I guess we'll have to wait until E3 or Gamescom for stuff to get real. Microsoft will surely counter with something big, no?

If there is a price drop + star wars bundles and marketing with PS4, it won't be losing any month this year.

Bgamer90

Banned
Thanks. What's their next retail exclusive currently announced?

Halo 5 in terms of a game with a release date. I think Forza Motorsport 6 will come out before it though.

There's supposedly a few other exclusives releasing before the Fall though I would be surprised if they are retail games.

Edit:

State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition in April 28, 2015.
Oh -- yeah. Forgot about this.

ZhugeEX

Banned
According to this old ass GAF thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151743

HW Sales
Nintendo DS 508K
PlayStation 2 280K
Wii 259K
Xbox 360 199K
PlayStation Portable 180K
Game Boy Advance 148K
PlayStation 3 130K
GameCube 22K
Xbox n/a

Cumulative.

Microsoft are saying that total sales of Xbox One from November 2013 to March 2015 are higher than those of Xbox 360 from November 2005 to March 2007.

That gap is somewhere in the region of 1.6m as of Feb 2015.

XBOX%20FAMILY_zpspbbxfe1a.jpg

Majmun

Would be funny of Sony to reveal their twitch statistics as well. Bloodborne was streamed a lot. It's still being streamed a lot.

Would be funny of Sony to reveal their twitch statistics as well. Bloodborne was streamed a lot. It's still being streamed a lot.
I agree. They are too well-behaving. A little teasing would be nice. The Mayor would surely do this. Come on, Boyes (or whoever takes care of this).

Top Bottom