• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Road To WrassleMania

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

That Richards-Elgin match was off the chains.
Loved the near falls immediately transitioning into submission attempts.

Both guys got put over in that epic confrontation.

DMczaf

LOL Duckroll getting pissy at people being offended at his use of Retarded. He banned me because someone was offended by me!

That Richards-Elgin match was off the chains.
Loved the near falls immediately transitioning into submission attempts.

Both guys got put over in that epic confrontation.

Yeah, Elgin did a hell of a job - I badly wanted him to win, but guess that couldn't happen with them building to Steen vs Davey. Still, it was a great match, a bit over-the-top of the near-falls, although the finishing stretch was sick.

I don't even think the current WWE fanbase would even know who Brock Lesnar is. He hasn't been on WWE TV in over 8 years and he's NEVER mentioned in any context.

Add that with the shift to TV-PG, and you have a brand new audience that will sit on their hands when his entrance music hits for the first time.

FyreWulff

I don't even think the current WWE fanbase would even know who Brock Lesnar is. He hasn't been on WWE TV in over 8 years and he's NEVER mentioned in any context.

Add that with the shift to TV-PG, and you have a brand new audience that will sit on their hands when his entrance music hits for the first time.

I really wish when they had a former wrestler return, they'd do it in their home territories or big wrestling arenas. It's like they go out of their way to redebut them in cities apathetic to wrestling.

I really wish when they had a former wrestler return, they'd do it in their home territories or big wrestling arenas. It's like they go out of their way to redebut them in cities apathetic to wrestling.

I can kinda see the logic. You see a boring crowd, so you bring in a "big name" to get them riled up. Of course, since Lesnar has been irrelevant in the WWE for years, that sort of thinking is moronic.

I'm guessing they're hoping Brock Lesnar's return brings some of the UFC crowd with him. Time will tell if that's an even lulz more worthy plan than getting Cena over.

If this interests anyone:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/129683

Here's script to enlarge all the photos, on wwe.com. Install the script using chrome or grease monkey for firefox. Now go on any page of the website and click the HQ button at the top left. Now all the pictures on that page will be at the bottom of the page full sized!

I dont think it is working for me, but I miss Torrie

27_TORR_0020b.jpg

After seeing that stupid guy with a mask, I just realized there wont be a stupid Rey costume at Mania this year :/

...I guessed Captain America right last year too.

Poor Rey, he had the whole cast of The Avengers to pick from.

Richards-Elgin was redunk live. The crowd was pretty dead at the start because of all the technical issues/weak card but holy shit that main rocked. I think Elgin just popped into my fav 5. I'm not usually a fan of the super of the top multi false finish strong style matches but this was something else.

Richards-Elgin was redunk live. The crowd was pretty dead at the start because of all the technical issues/weak card but holy shit that main rocked. I think Elgin just popped into my fav 5. I'm not usually a fan of the super of the top multi false finish strong style matches but this was something else.

It really was excellent, but man, some of those false-finishes killed me - Elgin should have won with that chaos theory followed by the spinning sidewalk slam, but in the end him kicking out of everything Davey had, kicking out at 1 even, and Davey just having to resort to caving his skull in with kicks, that was an awesome finish and made Elgin look like a beast.

It's worth noting that Elgin still has a earned world title shot from winning last year's Survival of the Fittest - so hopefully we'll get a rematch sooner rather than later.

RBH

New WWE TV show "announced":

During a summit with business partners this weekend, WWE officially announced the following series for their forthcoming Network:

*WWE Divas Tour Bus

*WWE WrestleMania Rewind

*WWE Countdown

*WWE The Monday Night War: Raw vs Nitro

The company also announced they will be launching a third series with a network to be announced as well as a new Spanish-language series.

Vince McMahon stated several months back on a stockholder's conference call that the company had new series they were ready to roll out, but never gave additional details.
http://www.pwinsider.com/article/67265/wwe-officially-announces-new-tv-series.html?p=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom