• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Via Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION CROWNED

At tonight's NWA Hollywood event in Hollywood, CA, Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana defeated "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce to become the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Cabana joins the illustrious list of title holders, such as Lou Thesz, Ric Flair, Harley Race, Ricky Steamboat, Sting, Barry Windham, The Great Muta, Chris Candido, Dan Severn, A.J. Styles, Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Ken Shamrock, and Christian Cage.

Pearce's reign lasted nearly one calendar year. He defeated previous champion Blue Demon Jr. on March 14, 2010 in a triple threat match also involving Phil Shatter (now known as Gunner in TNA).

Cabana's first announced title defense is already set for Saturday, March 19 at NWA Rampage Pro Wrestling in Warner Robins, GA. Cabana will defend the title against NWA RPW Heavyweight Champion J-Rod in a battle of champions.

Colt Cabana said:
Thanks for all the love from everyone. What a night. NWA Champion. Pretty fuck'n cool. I'll defend it with pride.

Good for Cabana.

Zack Ryder better get a major push

Gotta rep Long Island. I love whenever Y2J was at Nassau Colliseum they'd always announce him as hailing from his real birthplace of Manhasset ;)

Lunchbox

Banned
“@wasteIand: @CMPunk If I stalk you to the airport in Oklahoma will you take a picture with me?” Nope

“@mcnabbychic: @CMPunk You are so NOT a Savior. There is only one Savior and that is Jesus!” Nope. I'm a savior.

“@death1today: @CMPunk how old are u dude” Old enough to know how to spell "you" correctly. Young enough to make fun of you for not knowing.

Maurice says I should follow her. What's her name? The French broad.

this is amazing

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk

DMczaf

RMhgK.jpg

Snooki is going to be on Raw next week! I am so excited. If Zack Ryder doesn't get to interact with her on Raw I am going to kill their writers.

Way to make TNA look like Dumpsville with Angelina. XD

Well, if you look at it one way, WWE one upped TNA again. Not only did TNA make a faux Snooki character, they got Jwoww, but WWE is getting the most popular girl of Jersey Shore later on...

antonz

Lunchbox said:
“@wasteIand: @CMPunk If I stalk you to the airport in Oklahoma will you take a picture with me?” Nope

“@mcnabbychic: @CMPunk You are so NOT a Savior. There is only one Savior and that is Jesus!” Nope. I'm a savior.

“@death1today: @CMPunk how old are u dude” Old enough to know how to spell "you" correctly. Young enough to make fun of you for not knowing.

Maurice says I should follow her. What's her name? The French broad.

this is amazing

http://twitter.com/#!/CMPunk

Oh yeah. Punks twitter is pretty entertaining. He gets a ton of people going off on him for being a "bad guy".

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Rafa=FedKilla said:
Sup brahs. Goin to Raw tonight, look for my sign tonight. You'll know it is me.

Miz says he's not gonna be there

Rock said he's not there either

lacklusta 4th week build up show ending with Sheamus music

somedevil

Ign did there 10 worst wrestlemania matches:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/969/969012p1.html

List:

10. Bret Hart vs Bob Backlund: I Quit Match Wrestlemania 11
9. Undertaker vs Big Bossman: Hell in the Cell Wrestlemania 15
8. Andre the Giant Winning the 20 man Battle Royal Wrestlemania 2
7. Goldust vs Roddy Piper Hollywood Backlot Brawl Wrestlemania 12
6. Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow Wrestlemania 11
5. Undertaker vs Giant Gonalez Wrestlemania 9
4. Hulk Hogan vs Sid Justice Wrestlemania 8
3. Tenryu & Koji Kitao vs DemolitionWrestlemania 7
2. Jake Roberts vs Rick Martell Wrestlemania 7
1. Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg Wrestlemania 20

YES! i can finally post here instead of trolling like i have for the past few months :D

I usually go to most of the PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerrilla) shows so i'll post updates from those shows.

and maybe stuff about the new tough enough :p

somedevil said:

List:

3. Tenryu vs Koji Kitao Wrestlemania 7

Vince vs Bret deserves a place for seemingly going on forever, I remember just wnating Bret to lock on the Sharpshooter and get on with it

Forkball

Jeff Albertson said:
Vince vs Bret deserves a place for seemingly going on forever, I remember just wnating Bret to lock on the Sharpshooter and get on with it
Seriously. That match should have been about two minutes. Vince comes out, says Hart Dynasty is on his side, HD inches closer to Bret, then turns around, gives Vince the Hart Attack, Bret locks in the sharpshooter, DONE. That way you have the Hart Dynasty face turn and also you don't wast ten minutes that could have gone to other matches.

Jeff Albertson said:

I almost repressed that match from my memories...

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Fucking stupid pick for no.1. That match will go down in history and always be remembered. Same can't be said for most WM 'main events'.

jobber said:

I don't care about any of those guys. But on the build up, how can these people be so stupid?

Mr. Sam

sillentassasin said:
YES! i can finally post here instead of trolling like i have for the past few months :D

I usually go to most of the PWG (Pro Wrestling Guerrilla) shows so i'll post updates from those shows.

and maybe stuff about the new tough enough :p
Trolling? D'you mean lurking? Welcome either way.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
jobber said:

It is a shameful thing, isn't it?

LOBSTER HEAD

JdFoX187

Banned
cjelly said:
Fucking stupid pick for no.1. That match will go down in history and always be remembered. Same can't be said for most WM 'main events'.
When you consider the hype and anticipation built for it, it was a failure of a match. I would say "disappointing" would be a better word than "worst," and it was surely one of the most disappointing matches in Wrestlemania history. Both guys were only out there for the paycheck, and even the people knew that and turned on them both during the match.

somedevil said:

List:

Haven't seen these matches in awhile but i don't remember them being THAT bad. The LT match was pretty cool when i was kid. If it wasn't the main event it probably wouldn't get so much heat.

I was disappointed in lesnar/goldberg just like everyone else but to their defense the crowd never gave them a shot. They hated them both and wanted the match over before it even started. The build up was great though. Plus we got to see austin stunner goldberg!! Every attitude era fanboys wet dream.

somedevil said:

List:

3. Tenryu vs Koji Kitao Wrestlemania 7

Error alert. Genichiro Tenryu & Koji Kitao faced (and pretty much squashed) Demolition in a tag team match at WM7.

I don't get the hate for Goldberg, I figured most of the crowd heat was towards Lesnar?

I thought Goldberg was pretty popular, he had a 1 year contract, the contract expired, not like he was abandoning the fans and pulling the fingers to them or anything.

The match had some pretty good buildup, for something not even involving a title. I agree the match is always gonna be remembered, thats more than most the other crap thats occurred at WMs can say.

Also, that Top 10 list is old. It was posted before WM25 in 2009. Which is probably why Bret vs. Vince from WM26 or the Diva Battle Royal from WM25 isn't on it.

Anth0ny

what? Stone Cold is returning tonight? what? Stone Cold? What? Stone Cold? What?!

Currently watching some old episodes of RAW from 1997, and the Stone Cold/Bret Hart feud is in full force right now. Bret vs. Stone Cold at Wrestlemania 13 was fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom