• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Via Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided that I will try to go through all of WCW starting from 1996.

Totally forgot that Mongo was an announcer holding onto that stupid dog.

Also, I want a 4 Horsemen shirt. I feel like I can wear 90s wrestling shirts and still be bad ass.

Maybe.

tralfazz

cena.jpg

New meme get!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FallingEdge said:
I decided that I will try to go through all of WCW starting from 1996.

Totally forgot that Mongo was an announcer holding onto that stupid dog.

Also, I want a 4 Horsemen shirt. I feel like I can wear 90s wrestling shirts and still be bad ass.

Maybe.

It's not as comprehensive as it will be, but I upload video to http://youtube.com/wcwarchive by segment - all from Nitros or Thunders. So if you need any good old WCW action back then, I've got SOME things.

Good luck! WCW from 95-2000 holds a dear place in my heart.

Sunflower said:
It's not as comprehensive as it will be, but I upload video to http://youtube.com/wcwarchive by segment - all from Nitros or Thunders. So if you need any good old WCW action back then, I've got SOME things.

Good luck! WCW from 95-2000 holds a dear place in my heart.

Haha. Thanks dood. I'll be sure to check out the youtube link.

I recently acquired All the Nitros/Thunders/PPVs from 1996-2001 so I'm pretty hyped about that.

Ready to get WWF from 96-04 and I should be good for a while.

Jimmy Hart has informed TNA that he is leaving to participate in WWE Fan Axxess for Wrestlemania. Hogan is supposedly pissed off lol.

JdFoX187

Banned
Parallax said:
no doubt, this should have been a three way promo, but its focusing on the rock/cena. hell, the rock doesnt even acknowledge the miz for some fucking reason, and he trashes him harder than cena does. its not playing out how i hoped...
I agree. The Miz seems like a complete afterthought in all of this. It's like WWE wasn't sure Rock would actually show up, so they decided to go ahead and put Cena in the main event against Miz. Then Rock commits and so they try to shoehorn him into this, thereby relegating Miz to an afterthought.

Obviously, Rock and Cena going at each other would be awesome, if it was handled right. It'd be a horrible match to watch, but it would definitely get the people on their feet. Instead, we're getting some half-assed promo war between the two with Miz running back and forth screaming "I'M STILL HERE!" I don't care for his in-ring work, or really his mic skills, but he's like the red headed stepchild no one wants to be associated with right now.

MetatronM said:
Isn't this kind of the point?

You people do remember that Wrestlemania isn't until APRIL and it's only March 1, right?
So...WWE should do like they do for every other PPV and wait until two weeks before the show to lay out the card, decide the feuds and build heat? Not only is that idiotic for any PPV, but this is supposed to be the biggest of them all. In the past, the WWE would build feuds for months toward this show. Hell, the only feud that has anything going for it storyline wise is the god awful shit between King and Cole.

dream said:
Dwayne, Undertaker, HHH, Rey, and RKO on the poster for the biggest show of 2011. The state of this fucking company, I swear.
Let's put a bunch of guys on the poster who may or may not even be in a match at the PPV just so we have young talent on there. That's the way to hype the biggest PPV of the year.

dream

JdFoX187 said:
Let's put a bunch of guys on the poster who may or may not even be in a match at the PPV just so we have young talent on there. That's the way to hype the biggest PPV of the year.

Yeah but it really illustrates WWE's inability to make new stars.

What the fuck is a Miz? Who he play for?

Penguin

dream said:
Yeah but it really illustrates WWE's inability to make new stars.

What the fuck is a Miz? Who he play for?

What's even more sad is when you think back to 2010, you realize for the majority of the year, the WWE was without Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H, Batista, there should have been more than enough room for them to make a new star for Mania.

dream

I just realized the World Champion Edge and the #1 contender ADR aren't even on the poster.

antonz

Penguin said:
What's even more sad is when you think back to 2010, you realize for the majority of the year, the WWE was without Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H, Batista, there should have been more than enough room for them to make a new star for Mania.
It really becomes apparent guys like Kevin Dunn are a problem for the company. Guys like Sheamus are plenty skilled enough in the ring and on the mic to be top dogs. But because some Suit in New York dislikes the guy hes torn apart.

Its the same reason why the HHH vs Sheamus angle was dropped because Dunn dislikes Sheamus. Nevermind the fact guys like Sheamus were brought in because guys like HHH see the talent. Sooner HHH takes over the better

dream

I mean, I'm not one to bitch about leaving the champion or the #1 contender off of the poster but ADR is their biggest homegrown talent.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
JdFoX187 said:
So...WWE should do like they do for every other PPV and wait until two weeks before the show to lay out the card, decide the feuds and build heat? Not only is that idiotic for any PPV, but this is supposed to be the biggest of them all. In the past, the WWE would build feuds for months toward this show. Hell, the only feud that has anything going for it storyline wise is the god awful shit between King and Cole.
How are they not building a feud? They've had two weeks now where Rock/Cena was THE big story, and both weeks Miz has been out there talking about how Rock ignores him. Obviously that's going to come to a head at some point.

Meanwhile they've been focusing most of Miz's heat towards Cena, the actual challenger for the title, in order to build heat for the actual match. Miz's role is in building heat with Cena, Cena's role is in building heat with Rock. And doing so over a course of several weeks.

Cena-Miz is going to have a full month and a half of buildup by the time Mania comes around, not counting Miz's on-and-off antagonism towards Cena over the last two years. Edge-Del Rio has been building ever since Royal Rumble, giving it well over two full months of build by the time Wrestlemania rolls around (not counting Christian's involvement, which goes back even farther). Punk-Orton has been building ever since Royal Rumble as well. HHH-Undertaker will have had just about a month and a half build up as well, not counting the month of promos for Undertaker's return. And, yes, Cole-King has had months and months of build up. Hell, even Dashing vs. Mysterio will have begun months in advance.

There's a lot of shit to complain about in the WWE right now, but "not setting up the biggest Wrestlemania feuds in advance" isn't really one of them.

JdFoX187

Banned
dream said:
I just realized the World Champion Edge and the #1 contender ADR aren't even on the poster.
Now that is sad. I just don't understand why guys like Morrison, Bryan, Sheamus et all are still held down. I know Sheamus was hot shot to the title a while back, but I thought he did a solid job with it. Enter Kevin Dunn and he's turned into a fucking joke. The only way Morrison got any kind of push was when he was used as Dunn's vehicle to continue to punish Sheamus. I still say a Morrison v. Miz for the title plus Cena and some type of Rock interaction would be much better than the shit that we have now.

sf2fanatic said:
How much longer is Miz gonna be champ since theres only Cole to back him up...

Also LOL @ Cena's face pic....

Not much longer I hope.

I'm sick of his promo's and pouting face, he's not cutting it for me.

I think he'll retain at Mania though.

I'm still pissed at the decision to have Kofi buried by ADR again next week, why not end the feud at EC when he lost clean again, why have him buried the night after then on to something else on Smackdown?

I have a feeling Kofi - Swagger could end up being reignited and Kofi will help King at Mania, they obviously have nothing else for him :(

Brodus to win NXT - via satellite

DKehoe

BoboBrazil said:
Jimmy Hart has informed TNA that he is leaving to participate in WWE Fan Axxess for Wrestlemania. Hogan is supposedly pissed off lol.
Was he actually doing anything for TNA?

JdFoX187

Banned
MetatronM said:
How are they not building a feud? They've had two weeks now where Rock/Cena was THE big story, and both weeks Miz has been out there talking about how Rock ignores him. Obviously that's going to come to a head at some point.

Meanwhile they've been focusing most of Miz's heat towards Cena, the actual challenger for the title, in order to build heat for the actual match. Miz's role is in building heat with Cena, Cena's role is in building heat with Rock. And doing so over a course of several weeks.

Cena-Miz is going to have a full month and a half of buildup by the time Mania comes around, not counting Miz's on-and-off antagonism towards Cena over the last two years. Edge-Del Rio has been building ever since Royal Rumble, giving it well over two full months of build by the time Wrestlemania rolls around (not counting Christian's involvement, which goes back even farther). Punk-Orton has been building ever since Royal Rumble as well. HHH-Undertaker will have had just about a month and a half build up as well, not counting the month of promos for Undertaker's return. And, yes, Cole-King has had months and months of build up. Hell, even Dashing vs. Mysterio will have begun months in advance.

There's a lot of shit to complain about in the WWE right now, but "not setting up the biggest Wrestlemania feuds in advance" isn't really one of them.
There's no focus on the title picture at all, on either brand. Look at Raw right now. No one cares that it's Miz v. Cena for the WWE Title. All the talk is about what's Rock's retort going to be? Or, what's Cena going to say to Rock next week? Are those two going to go at it at 'Mania? Where is Miz in all of this? He's cutting promos talking about how everyone's ignoring him. And it's the truth. Even when he's out here, there's still more emphasis on the Rock's involvement rather than the match itself. It's a weak match anyway, but if WWE didn't have that much faith in these two wrestling each other in the main event, why even put them together? There's just no heat between them. Hell, there was more of a reason for them to fight last year when Miz was "undefeated" against Cena for a month.

Edge and Del Rio's match has also been overshadowed by the whole Vickie storyline. Aside from last week when Del Rio attacked Edge at the end of the show, there's been more heat between Edge, Vickie and Teddy than anything else. MAYBE this shit is finally over with and we can get back to the matches at hand. But I don't trust WWE to make enough sense to do that.

Even the "memorable" match of this PPV doesn't have the buildup going into it that past year's did. Triple H and Undertaker are fighting, for what? Because Triple H wants to be the guy to end the streak? Why not use Shawn Michaels' retirement last year as reason for it. It's certainly more personal, and more relatable, than "I'm bored and I want to do something more."

Rey and Cody was completely ignored until last week. Rey is running around burying Kane and other guys while Cody continues to cut promos on him about how he injured his face. Yet, Rey never responds and there's no interaction between them.

My point is WWE cannot book more than three or four weeks ahead. Del Rio and Edge and Cena and Miz should be the focal points of their respective shows right now. Vickie and Rock have more emphasis than anything else. These feuds have been "established" for six to eight weeks, yet nothing has been done until the past week. It's all thrown together.

JdFoX187 said:
There's no focus on the title picture at all, on either brand. Look at Raw right now. No one cares that it's Miz v. Cena for the WWE Title. All the talk is about what's Rock's retort going to be? Or, what's Cena going to say to Rock next week? Are those two going to go at it at 'Mania? Where is Miz in all of this? He's cutting promos talking about how everyone's ignoring him. And it's the truth. Even when he's out here, there's still more emphasis on the Rock's involvement rather than the match itself. It's a weak match anyway, but if WWE didn't have that much faith in these two wrestling each other in the main event, why even put them together? There's just no heat between them. Hell, there was more of a reason for them to fight last year when Miz was "undefeated" against Cena for a month.

Edge and Del Rio's match has also been overshadowed by the whole Vickie storyline. Aside from last week when Del Rio attacked Edge at the end of the show, there's been more heat between Edge, Vickie and Teddy than anything else. MAYBE this shit is finally over with and we can get back to the matches at hand. But I don't trust WWE to make enough sense to do that.

Even the "memorable" match of this PPV doesn't have the buildup going into it that past year's did. Triple H and Undertaker are fighting, for what? Because Triple H wants to be the guy to end the streak? Why not use Shawn Michaels' retirement last year as reason for it. It's certainly more personal, and more relatable, than "I'm bored and I want to do something more."

Rey and Cody was completely ignored until last week. Rey is running around burying Kane and other guys while Cody continues to cut promos on him about how he injured his face. Yet, Rey never responds and there's no interaction between them.

My point is WWE cannot book more than three or four weeks ahead. Del Rio and Edge and Cena and Miz should be the focal points of their respective shows right now. Vickie and Rock have more emphasis than anything else. These feuds have been "established" for six to eight weeks, yet nothing has been done until the past week. It's all thrown together.

That's not even the worst part either.

Where are all the mid-card matches? What are Daniel Bryan, JOMO, Sheamus, Evan Borne, Santino Marella, and Dolph Ziggler doing? Money in the Bank? Are they even doing that this year? If so, shouldn't we know about it by now?

It's really sad how there's no compelling mid-card feuds anymore. Go back and look at old WrestleMania cards and you'll see that *most* every match mattered. Sure, there's often one or two (hell, maybe even three) throwaway matches, but a good deal of them at least had a decent storyline going in. This 'Mania is looking pretty bland. And I thought last year's card was pretty bad.

Oh well! Thank god they got The Rock!

DKehoe

Having Rock appear via recorded message on last nights Raw made the most sense really. You can't have him and Cena in the ring together because it seems to be one of the selling points for Wrestlemania. If Rock were to have done it live then storyline wise it would make no sense for Cena to have not walked out and have them meet there on Raw.

JdFoX187

Banned
Dork Knight said:
That's not even the worst part either.

Where are all the mid-card matches? What are Daniel Bryan, JOMO, Sheamus, Evan Borne, Santino Marella, and Dolph Ziggler doing? Money in the Bank? Are they even doing that this year? If so, shouldn't we know about it by now?

It's really sad how there's no compelling mid-card feuds anymore. Go back and look at old WrestleMania cards and you'll see that *most* every match mattered. Sure, there's often one or two (hell, maybe even three) throwaway matches, but a good deal of them at least had a decent storyline going in. This 'Mania is looking pretty bland. And I thought last year's card was pretty bad.

Oh well! Thank god they got The Rock!
You're right. Outside of Bryan getting squashed and Bourne being paraded out for a squashing of Sheamus, none of those guys listed were even on last night. I figured we'd see Ziggler surface within a week on Raw, but he's nowhere to be found. Hell, his firing lasted longer than Cena's.

dream said:
Isn't Rey stuck in a meaningless match against Dashing?
It's one of the few matches that actually has any sort of meaning.

Mr. Sam

Was I the only one that, at the start of Bourne's music with the loud static, thought The Rock was coming out? I'm dumb, I know.

FallingEdge said:
Haha. Thanks dood. I'll be sure to check out the youtube link.

I recently acquired All the Nitros/Thunders/PPVs from 1996-2001 so I'm pretty hyped about that.

Ready to get WWF from 96-04 and I should be good for a while.

Where did you find these? PM me if you need to :)

Sting vs DDP from 1999 Nitro was such a great match, hot crowd, despite the repeat finish (while VERY cool it was the same move as their last match a year earlier lol, which was also great!) its one of the best I remember.

Now I'm watching another old fav, La Parka/Psycosis vs Rey Mysterio Jr/Juventud Guerrera. :D I remember watching this match so many times on video tape lol, made me a Juvi Juice fan. XD

Ok I was wondering did cena make a bukkake joke last night with his blue khaki stuff? It didn't click at the time I just thought it was odd.

Not very PG that Cena.

Kyoufu

Jeff Albertson said:
Ok I was wondering did cena make a bukkake joke last night with his blue khaki stuff? It didn't click at the time I just thought it was odd.

Not very PG that Cena.

Don't think Yabba-dabba Bitch is very PG either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom