• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin |OT| Via Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

dream said:
How are your seats?
wm27seats.jpg

Section 137, Row 16.

dream

Nice, opposite the hard camera!

I hope you don't do me the way the guy who went to Smackdown did and bring a dream sign.

Anyone else miss just being able to enjoy wrestling for what it is without analysing it?

I loved Too Cool but imagine how it would go down now.

Having said that one of my favourite things about being a wrestling fan now is discussing it places like this so it works both ways

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff Albertson said:
Anyone else miss just being able to enjoy wrestling for what it is without analysing it?

There's an easy fix for that. All you have to do is stop going to

Jeff Albertson said:
Having said that one of my favourite things about being a wrestling fan now is discussing it places like this

...Nevermind.

RBH

dream said:
Nice, opposite the hard camera!

I hope you don't do me the way the guy who went to Smackdown did and bring a dream sign.
What if I made a sign that just had a picture of Dusty Rhodes on it?

205xicp.jpg

Striker

Not sure if posted, read this several days ago on another board.
CM Punk and Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman engaged in a war of words yesterday on Twitter in regards to the NFL star encountering some WWE Divas during the Raw brand's stay in Costa Rica.

Punk wrote: "Watching Shawne Merriman of the buffalo bills hit on our divas and strike out, reminds me of the Bills in the super bowl. #choke."

Merriman replied: "I was just giving you guys some hope look like you were struggling by the pool. Sympathy from Lights."

Punk said: "If you could get to a QB as fast as you ran after our divas maybe you'd make headlines being a pro bowler and not a creep."

Merriman added: "How about I come and deliver a nice special lightsOut ass woopin tonight Costa Rican Style."

Punk closes: "Clearly, I have defeated you. However, You will have plenty of time to think of a better come back while you ride the bench for another entire season. Good luck getting to the Super Bowl! With love, CM Punk."

Merriman replies: "Do me a favor turn your little wrestling underwear around and give yourself a wedge – see you later Punk without the CM."

UberTag

Dork Knight said:
That's not even the worst part either.

Where are all the mid-card matches? What are Daniel Bryan, JOMO, Sheamus, Evan Borne, Santino Marella, and Dolph Ziggler doing? Money in the Bank? Are they even doing that this year? If so, shouldn't we know about it by now?

It's really sad how there's no compelling mid-card feuds anymore. Go back and look at old WrestleMania cards and you'll see that *most* every match mattered. Sure, there's often one or two (hell, maybe even three) throwaway matches, but a good deal of them at least had a decent storyline going in. This 'Mania is looking pretty bland. And I thought last year's card was pretty bad.
The current creative structure within the WWE is creatively "handcuffed" in such a way that prevents homegrown talent from being developed and mid-card feuds from being meaningful.

Writers aren't allowed to watch the show to see what works and what doesn't.

Writers aren't allowed to collaborate with wrestlers in order to build interesting gimmicks that play off one another.

A lot of wrestlers don't contribute to the creative process and simply wait for creative to hand them title programs or a TV booking. Apart from that, they just go out and do their same old spots.

The only new talent being built consistently is pushed because of political reasons; such as Del Rio and Sin Cara to eventually fill the void of Rey Mysterio.

Wrestlers aren't coached on how to improvize or adlib. The best thing that could happen would be to hire a bunch of improv comics to get these guys to think on their feet and be entertaining within a PG framework.

Watching 1999 era RAW last night was a breath of fresh air. Every match was fuelled by a feud of some kind instead of being something that's "just there" while Cole verbally fellates Miz or badgers Josh/Lawler/Booker or talks about the main event or screams NERD NERD NERD. All 5 members of De-Generation X had their own unique feuds going with different talent in addition to their own against the Corporation.

It was a completely different product and yet still featured Cole & Lawler on commentary. Go fig.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Matthew Gallant said:
http://twitter.com/#!/TheRock/status/42745315496955905

William A Sabia 8:32 pm
"hey rock after 7 years of being gone you have the balls to come back and run your mouth john cena has been through more than you could handle so grow up and leave the wwe again you had your time"

THE GREAT ONE (WILLIAM) HAS SPOKEN ROCK, TIME TO GROW UP AND LEAVE AND LET JOHN CENER FINALLY HAVE HIS TIME TO SHINE.

RBH

WWE and TNA UK ratings:

WWE Raw from February 7th:
drew 149,000 in the live airing (up 38,000 viewers/+25%)
drew 59,000 in a replay on Friday evening

WWE SmackDown from February 11th:
drew 133,000 in the first airing (up 32,000 viewers/+24%)
drew 33,000 in a replay on Saturday morning

WWE NXT from February 8th:
drew 22,000 in a replay on Saturday night

WWE Superstars from February 10th:
drew 23,000 in a replay on Saturday night (before NXT)

TNA iMPACT! from February 3rd:
drew 134,000 viewers on Tuesday night

TNA iMPACT! from February 10th:
drew 152,000 viewers on Tuesday night

TNA Against All Odds PPV from February 13th:
drew 119,000 viewers on Wednesday night

JdFoX187

Banned
Dear god, he's horrible.

Also, Chris Jericho named as one of the stars on Dancing With the Stars. I think I'll watch and vote just for him, no matter how bad he is.

JdFoX187 said:
Dear god, he's horrible.

Also, Chris Jericho named as one of the stars on Dancing With the Stars. I think I'll watch and vote just for him, no matter how bad he is.
He should call his partner a gelatinous tapeworm if he loses.

Yea it was funny (and awesome) watching the 1999 Raws last night and hearing Cole/Lawler arguing.

King was telling Cole to shut up etc lol, on the chat we were all going ZOMG THE SEEDS WERE PLANTED 12 YEARS AGO, it was all leading up to this years WM. XD

RBH said:
WWE and TNA UK ratings:

It's hilarious TNA gets pretty much same ratings as WWE in Europe and draws like 15,000 fans to house shows there. They should just pack up in the US and make that their homebase.

maxxpower

Sweet, keep the streams coming.

Btw in the 1999 Raw stream did anyone else notice that Teddy Long was one of the referees? I could be mistaken.

dream

Shadowlink said:
Nice! You're going to have an awesome time seeing The Rock live.
Can I have your ticket? :(

Unless he has an audition that day and pretapes all his segments.

maxxpower said:
Sweet, keep the streams coming.

Btw in the 1999 Raw stream did anyone else notice that Teddy Long was one of the referees? I could be mistaken.
He was a ref back then, and then he became Rodney Mack's manager and introduced the glorious WBCs.

dream

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge is out first to open the show. He talks about his match at Wrestlemania XXVII against Alberto Del Rio and his problems with Vickie Guerrero but is interrupted by Drew McIntyre. Smackdown General Manager Teddy Long comes out and makes a match between the two after a small altercation.

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge b. Drew McIntyre after locking in the Sharpshooter.

* Rey Mysterio is attacked by "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and Cody officially challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania XXVII. They also showed the attack last week on Rey and Cody said he will expose Rey's face at Wrestlemania.

* Backstage, The Corre offer help to Kane in his match later tonight against Big Show.

* WWE Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel w/Ezekiel Jackson & Wade Barrett vs. Santino Marella & Vladimir Kozlov. Jackson and Barrett get on the apron and Wade ends up getting hit with Santino's Cobra. However, the distraction allows Slater to hit his finisher and get the three count.

* It's announced in a video that airs on the titantron that Christian will return to Smackdown next week.

* The Undertaker comes out and says "The Streak" cannot be broken and hypes his upcoming Wrestlemania XXVII match against Triple H. He entered and exited to "Ain't No Grave" by Johnny Cash.

* LayCool b. Beth Phoenix & Rosa Mendes. While the referee was distracted, Michelle McCool kicked Beth in the face which allowed Layla to get the pinfall victory.

* Big Show b. Kane when The Corre came to ringside and handed Kane a chair and he hit Big Show with it. Show pushes Justin Gabriel into Kane and Kane swings the chair at The Corre. The Corre retreats.

* Jack Swagger comes out and Michael Cole talks about his match against Jerry Lawler at Wrestlemania XXVII. Cole says he's going to announce his special guest referee on Raw and teases he is "flamboyant" and "awesome."

* Jack Swagger b. JTG via submission in the ankle lock. Very quick squash match. After the match, Michael Cole gets in the ring and celebrates with him.

* World Heavyweight Champion Edge defaces a portrait of Alberto Del Rio that was being worked on throughout the show as the contract signing for the World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania XXVII is up next.

* The contract signing is moderated by Teddy Long. Alberto Del Rio sang the Mexican National Anthem but was interrupted by World Heavyweight Champion Edge. Long asks for there to be no violence but Edge warns him it was about to get chaotic. Things break down and Teddy bails. Edge gets his nosed bloodied as Christian comes out and gets involved and the show goes off the air.

Brinbe

Net_Wrecker said:
OMG

Razor vs. Owen with HBK on commentary. Great times.

EDIT: Look how much time this match is getting.
Yeah, was just gonna comment on that too, fucking great... Good to be reminded that at one time Hall could really work.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
This reminds me of the fact that at no point in history has Jeff Jarret been remotely entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom