• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario All stars on Wii VC will it happen..?

farnham

Banned
Now... Mario All stars is basically

Super_Mario_All-stars_box.jpg

Super Mario Bros
SuperMarioBrosSNESTitle.png

Lostlevels.PNG

USA
Smb2allstars.PNG

and 3

SuperMarioBros3SNES.png

in one package

with graphical updates (Mario 1 looking even better then SMW in my opinion)

will they put this gem on the VC..?

i mean the NES versions are pretty neat.. but this is how the Bros games are meant to be played.. with super colorful, great 2D graphics

probably the best remake ever!

farnham

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:
not unless they charge a premium price for it. Say, 15-20 bucks.

I say it never happens.
thats sad.. this version is superior in everyway to its NES counterparts

tehrafe

I think it might happen after they have released the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Mario Bros for NES and about one year later or so they will release the Snes version

I think they will. not until all those games are already on the vc to begin with, and they would probably wait like a year or 2 then... just so they can milk every penny out of us

LusDekkar

Gryphter said:
I think they will. not until all those games are already on the vc to begin with, and they would probably wait like a year or 2 then... just so they can milk every penny out of us

This is what I have come to accept

I don't think it will be so long as a year. They're going in some crazy order where Super Mario World is probably going to end up released soon (it may even be out already - I think the title screen has already appeared on the shop via the firefox hack). I'd say this will be treated just as any other SNES game as well. ie. 800 points

radioheadrule83 said:
I don't think it will be so long as a year. They're going in some crazy order where Super Mario World is probably going to end up released soon (it may even be out already - I think the title screen has already appeared on the shop via the firefox hack). I'd say this will be treated just as any other SNES game as well. ie. 800 points

Yeah, Mario World came out Monday.

santouras

tehrafe said:
I think it might happen after they have released the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Mario Bros for NES and about one year later or so they will release the Snes version
this is the correct answer. I got SMB but I'm not going to get 2 or 3 until all stars comes out.

Gryphter said:
This is exactly what I thought when I read the thread title, because it's true.

Will the UK get Super Mario World now you guys in the US have it? We seem to get what you get a week or two behind!
SFII is yet another unplayable game over component for me!

Rimshot

Could anyone in the states please help me get a hold of a wii points card?

I have a NTSC-U Wii and country set to USA, so it wont let me use my credit card.
Was thinking someone could buy it, give me the code and i'd paypal them the sum?

Thanks for your help/time.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Rimshot said:
Could anyone in the states please help me get a hold of a wii points card?

I have a NTSC-U Wii and country set to USA, so it wont let me use my credit card.
Was thinking someone could buy it, give me the code and i'd paypal them the sum?

Thanks for your help/time.
Change your location to brazil, then you can pay with your creditcard and just make up a zip code, that's all they ask.

No, it will not happen. Knowing Nintendo, they enjoy getting the most(note: $) out of their consumer. So, selling them seperately will definetly get them more money.

jarrod

Banned
I prefer the NES originals actually (especially SMB3).... the only way I could see the All-Stars versions coming on VC is if Nintendo released each game seperately for 800 points.

jarrod said:
I prefer the NES originals actually (especially SMB3).... the only way I could see the All-Stars versions coming on VC is if Nintendo released each game seperately for 800 points.

Particuarly Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, for me.

They tweaked the controls in them to make Mario easier to control. However, it disrupts the balance of the game a little for me. I'm just used to the heavier-feeling Mario of the original NES versions.

jarrod said:

That would mean modifying the ROM, which we know they're adverse to.

It'll release as one game, 800 points. I feel fairly confident of that. Its when it will come out that I'm unsure of.

I really hope it happens, even if it's after the others are released. I'd want them all in their original form anyway, but I'd still want this since I never owned it. Hopefully it won't be split up into separate games or sold for a premium price.

jarrod

Banned
SonicMegaDrive said:

They tweaked the controls in them to make Mario easier to control. However, it disrupts the balance of the game a little for me. I'm just used to the heavier-feeling Mario of the original NES versions.
Agreed on that too... SMB2 was really the only accurate conversion in there.

radioheadrule83 said:
That would mean modifying the ROM, which we know they're adverse to.
Well evidently, they've gone out of their way to get an ESRB rating for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels... I wouldn't be so sure we're just going to see nothing but straight ROM dumps on the Virtual Console.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ford Prefect said:
I'd rather have it on DS. Hell, they should throw in SMW, while they're at it.
You know there is already a version of All-Stars that nintendo produced that also had SMW on it right?

Came with later edition SNES for a while. I have a copy. There are actually even differences between it and the original SMW (I think just the luigi pallete swap though).

I hope this thing would be 800 points. There's absolutely no points in selling a game that is a collection at a higher price for the mere reason it's a collection. It was sold at the normal price point like the other cartridge then it needs to be sold like the other games on the VC.

I'm sure Nintendo would try to sneak in more money for that one though. I hope people wouldn't take that boat.

Gio_CoD

Banned
If it does get released, it'll be after they individually release the others. Or they may charge a premium for it.

farnham said:
i mean the NES versions are pretty neat.. but this is how the Bros games are meant to be played.. with super colorful, great 2D graphics

**** no
Ford Prefect said:
I'd rather have it on DS. Hell, they should throw in SMW, while they're at it.

jk it's nintendo

SMW was included on the cart in SNES bundles in 1994.

The only way i'd pay more that 8 bucks for that would be the "+ World" version and also if they correct some awfull bugs like the hit detection when hitting brick blocks in SMB1.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
farnham said:
i mean the NES versions are pretty neat.. but this is how the Bros games are meant to be played..
SM All-stars's version of SMB1 = gimped speed runs. And speed runs are the most enjoyable part of SMB1, personally speaking.

To elaborate, in the NES SMB you could jump over a lot of emerging piranha plants if you timed the apex of your jump right, allowing you to charge through levels without breaking your stride. Whereas in SM All-Stars, you can't make the jumps in many of the same locations without getting hit.

Last time I played SMB3 from the the All Star Collection, my impression was that the controls feel different than they did in the NES version. A little worse.

But I didnt noticed the same problem playing the GBA version - even considering it was supposed to be a port from the All-Stars version.

Pellham

Banned
MMaRsu said:
You forgot that it also has Super Mario World on it ( at least on my cartridge it does :) ).

I really wish I had that version of All-Stars. :(
I'd pay at least $100 for the all in one cart that included SMW.

bumpkin

If you do the basic math, I'd say chances are slim.

Super Mario Bros. - 500 points
Super Mario Bros. 2 - 500 points
Super Mario Bros. 3 - 500 points
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels - 500 points

That's 2000 points... SNES games go for 800, so they'd be taking a 1200 point -- or $12 -- hit every time someone downloaded the compilation.

Now do I think it's possible at some point? Sure, long after all the individual games have been released on the VC.

Listen to my plan, it is perfect.

I say they offer a discount on All Stars if you have purchased all the originals, like say half price.

Full price otherwise.

That way all the versions can continue to coexist on the Virtual Console.

Too confusing.

They'll release this, but only after the four games have been released seperately.

The real question is, will they get a clue and release the original disk system version of SMB2, which is entirely in English, into the US market? Or will they be dumb and say "well, it was never released in the US so it's inappropriate"?

Kobun Heat said:
Too confusing.

They'll release this, but only after the four games have been released seperately.

The real question is, will they get a clue and release the original disk system version of SMB2, which is entirely in English, into the US market? Or will they be dumb and say "well, it was never released in the US so it's inappropriate"?

Nintendo seems intent on doing the latter in all cases, no matter how little it makes sense... :(

Squeak

Mario All stars on Wii VC will it happen..?
Hopefully never. The Allstars compilation was an abomination on the old Mariogames.
The wonderful unique earth coloured rustic style, brilliantly crafted for the hardware if was created for, was butchered with cheap looking colour graduations and semi 3d look.
The awesome SGD music was also butchered with awful PCM interpretations that sounded like amateur general midi interpretations of the original tunes.

The only game that benefited somewhat from the "variations" was SMB2 but only because the game looked horrible to start with and shouldn't really be considered a real Mario game by any measure anyway.
Sure, a lot of the stablemates of the series was introduced in that game (like the shy guys for example), but beyond that it’s not really a worthy Mario game.

I'd much rather have a compilation of the original Donkey Kong, Mario Bros, SMB, SMB2 (the real SMB2) and SMB3.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
SonicMegaDrive said:

Whaa? They made it far worse in the allstars version. The only thing I didn't like (loved the graphics update. SM3 looks even better than SMW).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
cvxfreak said:
BS, but still, I like the idea. They could remake the older games using the NSMB engine. :D

No way, dooder. NSMB is awesome, but it looks hideous, I'm afraid. :/

Nintendo should be cool and give it for free once you bought 1, 2, and 3 (and the lost levels if they release it serpate aswell) on your own. It would be such an awsome bonus.

Top Bottom