• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Robin64

Why does everyone gang up and knock me off the track at the start of every damn race? Beating up a poor baby, what's wrong with you? :p

Playing as a baby is like strapping a load of meat to your body and jumping in shark infested waters. ;)

octopiggy

Can someone explain to me why when I've been hit by the lightning sometimes I can drift and do tricks off ramps but other times I can't?

mstevens

I absolutely loved Mario Kart 7, but there's something about this game that easily puts it in a tier above that... and it's not just graphics. After spending waay too many hours platinuming both FFX and FFX-2 (which was fun in it's own way), this gameplay seems so amazingly fun. Not sure what it is specifically, but this game is incredible and I believe it's the best entry in the series.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can someone explain to me why when I've been hit by the lightning sometimes I can drift and do tricks off ramps but other times I can't?

Seems to just depend on how much speed you pick back up, you can't immediately drift on a dead stop(and that fucks me up so much)

Also, does anyone else experience this weird thing online where you sometimes can't force the item wheel to stop? I always quickly hit it to get my item immediately but there have been times it just doesn't work at all.

je_ssi e

Playing as a baby is like strapping a load of meat to your body and jumping in shark infested waters. ;)
That's why I gave up on using one.
And, it's the fault of these lobbies. Aha.

Weight is one of the biggest weapons in the game. I tried medium and still was getting pushed around too much. I'm a fatty now.

akaoni

Banned
Seems to just depend on how much speed you pick back up, you can't immediately drift on a dead stop(and that fucks me up so much)

Also, does anyone else experience this weird thing online where you sometimes can't force the item wheel to stop? I always quickly hit it to get my item immediately but there have been times it just doesn't work at all.

Had it once. MicH I think it was said they've had it too.

je_ssi e

Yep.
And, it seems like it takes longer for it to cycle, too.

NotLiquid

tumblr_n6jftjDAjs1rnhhtno1_1280.jpg

Shy Guy has legs

akaoni

Banned
You guys playing right now? Tryoing to get some matches in. Just in lobby waiting whats the normal wait like? Also does the flashing flag mean the tournament is active?

There is no waiting. A tournament hosts several separate games at a time, if yours isn't filled at the time it will fill up after another group errors. If you go into a lobby by yourself just leave and rejoin, flag means active.

Woah what?
You can force the item wheel to stop?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Finally home from visiting family so I can finally play this tonight. Can't wait!

Blue shell fig was much bigger than I expected.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Two favorite setups so far:

* Medium Character (Ludwig), Circuit Special/Mach 8/Gold, Slim Wheels, Flower Glider

* Heavy Character (Wario), Circuit Special/Mach 8/Gold, Button Wheels, Flower Glider

Speedy, and highly controllable. The heavy build has awesome speed, while being highly controllable. The medium build has decent speed and drives like glued to the corners.

The only criteria I have for Gliders are looks and it not being to much in way of sight (like the bowser glider).

octopiggy

I wonder what stats the makio kart app will track. I hope I can see how many coins I have, most played track, total races, win %, most used kart parts etc. Probably unlikely.

Kangi

My goodness Gut, what demonic entity did you sell your soul to in order to get red shells like you do?

Also, those three consecutive ones in Twisted Mansion were a bit excessive, no?

mo60

Yoooooo I squished like 6 racers in that Shy Guy Falls, and went from 12th to 2nd.

Thank you whoever used that lightning bolt!

I think that was me. I know I used lightning in a race with a couple of gaf members and I think that was the race.I went from like 11th to 3rd from that lightning, but dropped right back down to 6th because I made a dumb mistake near the end.I was using roasalina.

japtor

I think I'll end tonight on the back to back 1-2 Daisy finishes. Good times were had by all (that were racing with Daisy).

Top Bottom