• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny has 34 plats, why is he better at games than you?

cormack12

Gold Member
0Tudsa.jpg

YdeSFs.jpg

Are you more casual than Cerny boi? I have the same number of plats but 337 trophy score

ethomaz

Banned
Last time I checked I had 79.
I think.

That includes some though Platinums like GT5, Wipeout and Street Fighter IV.

Edit - Fixed the right number.. it is over twice what Cerny has.

Last edited:
Wow I’m really impressed with Cerny’s taste in games, especially the indie games he plays. But not a lot of PS3 titles which makes me wonder if he would ever reveal his Xbox Gamertag.

xrnzaaas

I got 90, but half of them are easy games. With platinums it's the tough games that count, getting a plat in Cuphead is definitely a huge feat. I don't think about buying this game, because I wouldn't want to destroy another controller. ;)

Last edited:
Because I have none. Thats right. None. Iam a loser and a terrible gamer. I can't be arsed with trophies tbh. It feels like a chore to chase them.

Ar¢tos

Uh.. The level count is independent from the trophy numbers?
I have 64 plats, but I'm only level 359.

He probably owns Save Wizard and imports Platinum saves...
That's not how it works for most games....
Does cuphead allows to make saves right before you trigger each trophy?
A save before a person unlocks the plat resigned will only unlock the trophy before the plat on your account, not all the previous ones.

myfriendtim

I have about 15 but I wouldn't mind if they removed this feature, honestly.
I think it's too important as an easy source of information to developers for achievements to be removed. My guess is the reason you get achievements just for completing chapters in games is so developers can track your progress and compile everyone's data to make inferences about game design.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I don't really care for platinum trophies

I only did Doom 2016 because I wanted to dig fully into and that's it. Wanted to do Eternal, but I sold my PS4 thinking about the PS5, and now that is on GamePass, I'll wait for my XsX arrive to do everything

Aion002

66 Plats.

On the PS3 I used to plat a game per month..... But then life knocked on my door....

9367a01fccec46522584332ebb47b8bd_w200.gif

Today, if I get a plat per year I call it a win. And I already won this year since I got 3 plats so far! Days Gone, RE3R and RE2R.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
I think as the PS4 architect he implemented a backdoor into the system that let's him hack PSN and edit his profile to his liking.

Carna

Banned
Eh?

I have the platinum trophy for Final Fantasy 14, that's probably nothing much. But getting the platinum trophy for a mmo, most likely requires alot of dedication.

Reactions: Isa

SkylineRKR

I think it's too important as an easy source of information to developers for achievements to be removed. My guess is the reason you get achievements just for completing chapters in games is so developers can track your progress and compile everyone's data to make inferences about game design.

Yeah I understand the thought behind it. The percentages are a good source of information. How many people beat this game? How many people actually beat this super hard bonus stage?

Sometimes I look at it, and I notice that like half of the Souls players beat the game. I think thats quite a lot. It says something about this audience. But they could fetch this without the need of trophies, the ugly ass lists for every fucking demo and game you started up, the slow synching, the annoying pop ups (though I think those could be turned off system side?). But I don't care if they're gone tomorrow.

Never chased a platinum myself, but that's great to know. Although he's not a Sony employee, only a contractor.

Kamiya would say: He is a Contractor. Not an Employee.

Last edited:
Top Bottom