• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Cerny has 34 plats, why is he better at games than you?

MrS

Banned
I have twice as many and am thus twice the gamer he is
I think for something like Cuphead it is a measurement of skill since I know what he had to do to get it. For a Telltale game or walking simulator it means nothing.
Cuphead plat wasn’t that hard, just gotta put some time in and know what guns to use. I’d be more impressed if he had the Vanquish plat.

Last edited:

Izumar

Banned
Cuphead plat wasn’t that hard, just gotta put some time in and know what guns to use. I’d be more impressed if he had the Vanquish plat.
I think it was about like playing a normal nintendo game back in the day. So it tells me he can at least play games. I 100% it when it first came out on xbox so I imagine him playing through the levels without getting hit.

Reactions: MrS

Javthusiast

Banned
I have zero. The closest I came to a plat are doa 5 last round and Spider-Man ps4. Never cared enough to get all trophies in games.

2ylja7.gif

manfestival

Maybe completing or accomplishing something is rewarding to them. I’ll try if it gets close.
Gonna have to chalk your post up to a DUH. Though I totally can understand getting it if you are close. Actively seeking the trophies/gamerscore is when they start getting weird.

Bryank75

Banned
Yeah, Shu, Sid, Cerny and a good few more high profile people at Sony are big gamers. High quality trophies from what I see... similar to Shu.

Reactions: Isa

Dargor

I dont care about trophies. Literally only had one and it was because it was just playing the game for the most part and not some ridiculous, arbitrary nonsense, like some trophies demand.

Horizon Zero Down was the game.

Would you be more impressed that he did that....and made the ps4 in his spare time? 😳

• LOL
Reactions: MrS
I just play games. I don't give a flying fuck about trophies or achievements. Anyone can sit down and platinum a game if they have a guide and some free time, but it's just not worth it with 99% of games - you could be playing and finishing 3 other games instead of trying to platinum just one.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Most likely he shares his account with someone else. Or with more than one.

At most he tries the games for a few hours and then moves on to the next.

The same applies to executives pretending to be "hardcore" gamers like Yoshida and Spencer. It's just PR that fanboys like to eat up.

Bartski

Gold Member
16 plats. Not that I give a shit but I sometimes get them eventually in games I love as part of squeezing out every last drop of fun. So this is my list, together with BS Tellltale plats you get just for seeing the credits.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Because all he does is rush out a hastily cobbled together console at the last minute every 7 years, and the other 6 years he just sits around playing games.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I don't really care for platinum trophies

I only did Doom 2016 because I wanted to dig fully into and that's it. Wanted to do Eternal, but I sold my PS4 thinking about the PS5, and now that is on GamePass, I'll wait for my XsX arrive to do everything
Well you're in for a treat, Doom Eternal to me is fucking amazeballs and a huge improvement over Doom 2016 imo.

I’m actually surprised he got that many platinums considering there are so many that are VERY time consuming, tedious or even difficult. I have 23 platinums.

I find Trophies/Achievements a huge waste of time and not a measurement of any kind of skill. It's just busywork.

It really depends on what type of game it is or what the task is. Getting 200 ranked wins in SF5 or becoming number one on the leaderboards of a online shooter with tens and thousands of players I feel is purely skill based. With something like a story game, they can be just time consuming or even tedious.

Reactions: HTK

Thief1987

I have much more overall, but plat in cuphead is a tough one - requires sharp precision and reaction, and he is already 56 years old, so respect for that.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Just checked and I have 10 plats and 2807 total trophies but I don’t care about trophies maybe that’s why.

Last edited:
Top Bottom