• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Henry Appreciation Thread | Let's Give Him A Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is needed elsewhere...

F45HrTB.png

THAT'S WHAT HE DID

9i1EzJE.gif
XuiVUNj.gif

t8SfNCC.gif

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!

*clapclapclap*

:'(

LakeEarth

Well didn't he have an absurdly long contract when he first signed up in the mid-90s? Would that be coming up in a few years?

I love the dude though. I'm still shocked they killed his ladies-man angle so soon, it was hilarious.

The Worlds Sexiest Slam.....That was my finisher in NWA.....

Much respect to Mark Henry......May we never forget that his son is a hand....

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I only saw the first tweet last night so I wasn't sure if he was really retiring, but the next two confirm it. :(

I was planning on skipping RAW tonight live, but now I gotta watch it live out of respect for him. And that crowd damn well better not boo him and show some love. World's Strongest Man is not just a gimmick.

Aiii

So not worth it
Could still be a work and SWERVE, he's actually feuding with Cena over the WWE Title while we wait for Bryan to work a program with Orton.

Also:
IeKgC.gif

Maddocks

Shame really. His Hall of Pain was a very good angle and I remember I told a few friends that he actually pulls of the evil man very well. He will be missed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Damn. I probably missed a lot, but ever since he's been back I have went from disliking him to enjoying him a lot. He had a very good angle going for him these last few months. I'll miss him.

I feel bad that I understand the joke of the thread subtitle.

Poor Mark Henry. He really had something great with the Hall of Pain and his dominance in the last few years but those injuries. :(

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shame really. His Hall of Pain was a very good angle and I remember I told a few friends that he actually pulls of the evil man very well. He will be missed.

I'm going to be honest:

I always thought henry would work best in the comedy face role. But he pulled off the monster heel character arguably better than anyone in the last 15 years except for prime Kane. I never thought he had it in him, but he more than earned his run with the title and a ton of respect from me.

I just wish Vince hadn't cut his reign short because he had to take 2-3 weeks off to heal an injury.

Westlo

The Hall of Pain run was a highlight in the recent era, loved his Elimination Chamber match as well, damn shame injuries took their toll just when he was coming into his own.

smh and lmao @ the OT subtitle.

Ithil

Dude is literally one of the strongest men in human history. And he's an awesome guy.
Give him some props.

I would not be surprised if he is indeed announcing his retirement, glad he was given a title run at the very least. Props to him for all that he has done over the years.

Hes been around for sooooooooo long. Must have been on the scene since 95'96. I remember his USA power lifting gimmick. I can't say WWE did anything really great with him outside of his Sexual Chocolate run.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great topic. Who would have thought he'd have such a LONG shelf life, -AND- start his best work near the end?

You WILL be missed, and if anyone wants to see someone destroy weights, look up his powerlifting videos. He's incredible.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I met Mark in Houston at the Fan Axxess deal the first time WrestleMania was here. He was cool as hell, and down to earth. We talked about how he really never got a chance to get consistent experience in actual wrestling because Vince always wanted him to go to the strongman competitions. He was getting paid very well to do them, so he went. Dude did whatever he was asked and seemed to give it his all. A true professional.

I just hope that his quality of life isn't severely effected because of his career. Carrying all that weight, performing nightly and all the weightlifting has to take its toll.

Penguin

Great topic. Who would have thought he'd have such a LONG shelf life, -AND- start his best work near the end?

You WILL be missed, and if anyone wants to see someone destroy weights, look up his powerlifting videos. He's incredible.

That's what he does!

But yeah one of the best heels WWE has had in quite some time.

DominoKid

yeah i remember when he was a fucking scrub. his turnaround surprised me.

lupinko

Hes been around for sooooooooo long. Must have been on the scene since 95'96. I remember his USA power lifting gimmick. I can't say WWE did anything really great with him outside of his Sexual Chocolate run.

He had a really good WHC run and his gimmick of the House of Pain was way better than any of his comedy gimmicks.

Hobo Zombie

Neo Member
Damn, I had just discussed the hand incident about an hour before reading this thread. While I never thought he was the most entertaining wrestler, he was a great mid-carder.

kingocfs

Can't believe he lasted in the business for this long. I have a VHS of an In Your House that I taped in a box somewhere, his first match with Jerry Lawler. Now I have to find it

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Damn, I had just discussed the hand incident about an hour before reading this thread. While I never thought he was the most entertaining wrestler, he was a great mid-carder.

That's where modern WWE fails today in my opinion. Good or bad, Mark Henry has had several memorable gimmicks as a mid carder. Today it seems like if a mid carder gets even slightly over, time to feed them to the champ instead of having a roster that carries the non headlining matches. And yeah, the hand will always be the first thing I think of with Mark Henry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom