• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Henry Appreciation Thread | Let's Give Him A Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did they ever address the hand incident. That was one of the most bizarre things I've seen on TV.

Hand grew up and visited backstage with his mom:

sVDQF.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
He had the best theme in WWE and I don't even like rap. Sucks, but he's been around forever. He deserves time to chill out with his family.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Aiii

So not worth it
It's phenomenal. I know a lot of people go to WWE "oh he's an ex-whatever athlete" and they were merely mediocre at best, but Henry was TRULY amazing and at the top of his class. He sacrificed a lot to come to the WWE.

That is why I feel he should give his gimmick AND theme song to Big E. He too was a national lifting champ, it is only logical he follows into Henry's footsteps.

Maybe he can manage him for a while too.

Haven't watched wrasslin since the rumble due to that abomination of an ending, but if this is true I'm sad. Mark Henry was absolutely useless when he joined wwe in '97, but he's gotten better over time to the point where his heel champion run was one of my favourite EVER, and his character since has been superb. Who will ever forget such classics as "some 95 pound woman in a training bra", "how ya gonna forget the strongest man who ever lived", "I'm gonna tear your skin off on general principles"

TL DR; slowly grew into one of my favourite wrestlers ever. because THATS WHAT HE DOES

Agreeing with everyone else that his latest Hall of Pain run where he wrecked everyone and talked the most ridiculous shit while doing it was legitimately good.

"Tell me a good joke!" while beating the shit out of a dude.

strobogo

Banned
That is why I feel he should give his gimmick AND theme song to Big E. He too was a national lifting champ, it is only logical he follows into Henry's footsteps.

Maybe he can manage him for a while too.

I'd really like to see backstage segments with them just being bros, lifting things, and having a good time.

kirblar

He's an example of what can happen when something "clicks" for a guy. He was a mediocre company man for so long, but eventually, they figured out what approach worked for him, and when they did, it was absolutely tremendous. Stepping down of your own accord before you're forced to is definitely the way to go.

I will feel sad if this really is the end of his active career. He has been around nearly 15 odd years and has only come into his own recently. Hall of Pain Mark Henry has been great. Dude is a beast.

But he spends half his time injured and has probably spend as much time injured as he has on the active roster since 2001 so it was only a matter of time before this happened.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like he really started to click around 2002. That's when he came back in way better shape with the Predator dreads and doing awesome power lifter stuff. Then he just kind of did nothing until 2006 where he was close to Hall of Pain Henry, but something just wasn't there. But it was the face run in 2010 weirdly enough to made everything click for him.

Ithil

"I'd tear your skin off on general principle". No one can beat his trash talking in the ring.

I'd like it he got into commentary if he does retire, any time he's been on he's always been excellent.

So did they ever address the hand incident. That was one of the most bizarre things I've seen on TV.

That's basically where I finally stopped watching after so many years.

It was just too godamn much.

It was weird enough that May Young was the one giving birth and you though 'well, where the fuck can you actually take this angle'....

Juicy Bob

Wait, so they deliberately used Twitter to hint at Henry's retirement as a work, and everyone (me included) bought it?

Well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom