• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Henry Appreciation Thread | Let's Give Him A Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still can't believe how hard I fell for that man, fucking Mark. Incredible.

Vince better give him a raise and a win at MITB for that, seriously.

Things like that and when he was bringing up his kids and straight-up denied having the hand with Mae Young in a kinda mad/joking way made me fall hook, line, and sinker.

I don't think I have ever been had like that in all of the years I've watched wrestling, from all the way back in the Hogan days of WWF. Fuck.

He just showed up everyone in the back, young and old - it was perfection.

oh my god and even before that

the fact that they showed him backstage talking with the Prime Time Players, who I don't even think have an explicit connection to Henry in-storyline, but seem to be his friends because they show up to cheer him on from time to time when he's doing his feats of strength or whatever, and Darren Young was getting all emotional and shit

fucking absolutely masterful

Would be great if he won the big title from Cener but that isnt happening.

Has a black man ever won the WWE title?

WHC doesnt count obviously since its just a glorified mid card belt.

4d8y5I9l.png
He received his Slammy today after yesterday's promo.lol

Well he should get one

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

the fact that they showed him backstage talking with the Prime Time Players, who I don't even think have an explicit connection to Henry in-storyline, but seem to be his friends because they show up to cheer him on from time to time when he's doing his feats of strength or whatever, and Darren Young was getting all emotional and shit

Ah yes, that too.

Bringing out his wrestling boots, totally dropping the monster act to say how much he loved the crowd, being humble enough to crack jokes about remembering his jacket at the very least - it was all masterfully planned.

Please win the WWE title at MITB - I know you guys know that I love it when Cena wins because it makes the rest of the world groan, but I really want Mark to win after that performance.

Ultratech

Indeed.

Mizark got us all good.

The whole thing was sprinkled with enough references to make us think it was all real.

He damn well deserves that Oscar.

He is (or at least was) legitimately one of the strongest men on the planet.

Yup.

He's got a staggering list of accomplishments, made even more impressive by the fact that he wasn't using drugs and having minimal training.

Like being able to lift Apollon's Wheel or the Thomas Inch Dumbbell (both of which look ridiculous and have equally ridiculous handle sizes) is a very impressive accomplishment to most people.

Also found out a month or two back when reading Muscle and Fitness that they consult him for tips and other stuff.

DXPett1

The Hall of Pain run was a highlight in the recent era

Seriously one of the more memorable runs in recent history. WWE finally treated him to a story that fit him. The shirt, the entrance, the music, the mic work all fit together nicely with the in ring dominance

komarkaze

I haven't marked out this hard since CM Punk's pipe bomb promo. I saw it coming but it didn't make it any less enjoyable to see him squash Cena after making everyone eat at the palm of his hand.

I am not sure who wrote that Mark Henry segment but they as well as Mark Henry deserve BIG raises. They fooled all of us: something that hasn't happened in the WWE for quite some time.

The crowd was AMAZING, too. Their reaction to everything was priceless.

yup, the power of June.

Someone mentioned this in the wrestling thread but the current top faces:

Bryan
Punk
Ziggler
Henry

so good!

yeah yeah cena blah blah blah

Aiii

So not worth it
yup, the power of June.

Someone mentioned this in the wrestling thread but the current top faces:

Bryan
Punk
Ziggler
Henry

so good!

yeah yeah cena blah blah blah

Cena is easily ignored, he's on the show 10-15 minutes tops, which makes it alot more tolerable then back when 50% of the show was Cena skits, promos and matches.

I would (of course I would) also add AJ Lee to that list, as she gets promo time every week and can definitely be considered a draw given her popularity. As well as The Shield, who are extremely well build and have as such build up quite a following as well.

jmdajr

Cena is easily ignored, he's on the show 10-15 minutes tops, which makes it alot more tolerable then back when 50% of the show was Cena skits, promos and matches.

I would (of course I would) also add AJ Lee to that list, as she gets promo time every week and can definitely be considered a draw given her popularity. As well as The Shield, who are extremely well build and have as such build up quite a following as well.

Not even on Smackdown and Main Event!

strobogo

Banned
But Rock's dad is actually Canadian, so I don't know if Rock should even count if you're going by "African American" guidelines. He's the only Afro-Samoan-Canadian champion in WWE history, though.

strobogo

Banned
But his dad is a black Canadian, not black American. I have a cousin who was born to American parents in Hungary, and he's not considered Hungarian.

Striker

Would be great if he won the big title from Cener but that isnt happening.

Has a black man ever won the WWE title?

WHC doesnt count obviously since its just a glorified mid card belt.
Booker T won the WHC in the mid 00's. It was treated as the top title on Smackdown, consisting of guys like the Undertaker, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle (for half the year at least), and Chris Benoit. The brands meant something then unlike now or even two years ago. The roster had some star power.

The WWE title generally goes to golden boys or ones who book themselves in the spot. It's unfortunate it carries that stigma and it is built up as the premier title.

I used to watch wrestling in the 90's/00's. Haven't followed in years

He hot tub time machined into the past?

I assume he is retiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom