• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Avengers confirmed as free upgrade to PS5 and Xbox Series X (Disc OR digital) - PS5 ver has dynamic 4K at 60fps

ManaByte

Gold Member

Therefore, we’re happy to announce that when you purchase Marvel’s Avengers for the PS4 platform, either digitally or on disc, and later upgrade to a PS5, you get the PS5 version of the game with all of its enhancements free of charge!

For that, Marvel’s Avengers will offer a high framerate mode on PS5, which targets 60 FPS with dynamic 4K resolution.

iorek21

It seems that I’ll be buying lots of games for the PS4 rather than PC this year.

I’m sure my PC can handle these games, but not at 4k (haven’t even got a 4k monitor, nor a modern gpu), and not with RTX, so it seems like a good deal.

AC Valhalla and Crash 4 I’ll buy on PS4 for sure, but I’ll think a little for Cyberpunk and RE8, as FPS annoy me on consoles

hemo memo

Gold Member
Sony really needs to slap a name on this magical process and pretend it's game-changing for the industry during times when they have nothing else worth discussing!

Yes and they should tell publishers to stop saying “free” like it’s charity. Have a service called “Enhance play” or something to differentiate between BC enhancements by default and upgrades taking full advantage of the next-gen hardware.

Andodalf

Banned
Why? How so? And do you mean on every next gen console or only on the PS5?

Would you rather have framedrops, or every game actually be designed to run at 4K 75 FPS so that the 1% frametimes stay above 60?

Variable res >>>>> dropped frames. Hopefully it isn’t too aggressive and we get a 4K image most of the time

Tripolygon

Banned
I mean, duh. We’ve always known that SSDs give inherently better loading times. But optimizations make it even better
You missed Cerny talk?
What part of first confirmation don't you understand? A 3rd party developer confirming they don't need to optimize specifically for the PS5 SSD. There were lots of debate among these forums about how developers have to optimize for PS5 SSD.

Andodalf

Banned
What part of first confirmation don't you understand? A 3rd party developer confirming they don't need to optimize specifically for the PS5 SSD. There were lots of debate among these forums about how developers have to optimize for PS5 SSD.

Wow. My dude, you gotta re read those threads. 0 of them were about loading. Wow. Oof. That’s not what people meant in those threads.

Tripolygon

Banned
Wow. My dude, you gotta re read those threads. 0 of them were about loading. Wow. Oof. That’s not what people meant in those threads.
Wow my dude gotta re read those threads. Lots people claimed 3rd party games will not be optimized to take advantage of PS5 SSD speeds. I know because i engaged in some of those discussion telling people that developers don't need to optimize to take advantage of the SSD. Save your oof for yourself.

Did Mark Cerny say PS5 had hardware accelerated ray tracing? Weren't there debates upon debates that PS5 did not have hardware accelerated ray tracing? And haven't we now seen 3rd party developers confirming it with their games?

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I have been warned already for console warring yet tried to get around it by thinking I was cute. The stance on the 9TF 'bait' for everyone is here: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-ban-review-justice-project.1463407/page-157#post-258830700
So they can't guarantee 4K and 60 fps on PS5. They need dynamic resolution to make up for it...

RTX 2080s can barely hold 4K at 60fps. Why you expected a 9tflops GPU to target that is beyond me. People really are in for a rude awakening if they expect 4K at 60fps on the PS5. The Series X will struggle to hit that as well and it’s got serious horsepower.

Top Bottom