• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel announces "Champions" with Waid/Ramos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viv needs a costume, she sticks out.

Based on the full interview, this team looks like it will be doing some non-traditional super hero stuff by being activists and socially minded, so having her without a costume makes sense. Plus she's new to the hero game, so she may not have a persona yet other than "Vision's kid".

Poor Sam.

I don't hate him, I just don't care about him either.

I also don't particularly care about Rider. As a New Warriors classic reader, I remember the absolute crap the character was for years. Nova first appeared in 1976.

He didn't get a worthwhile storyline until 2005. 27 years. 27 YEARS!

Just because you like Annihilation Nova doesn't mean you can ignore all this:

730997.jpg

342211._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg

2017146-new_warriors1_22_crop.jpg

tumblr_njwp4jJfH91rw95j3o1_500.jpg

ldcvHTV.png

Trassssssssssh. Sure he got better eventually, but you can't throw shade at Kid Nova and ignore the long time sadness that was Richard Rider. How can you be the most boring character on a team with black Batman with a skateboard, cheap Spider-Man, lady Namor, and Justice. JUSTICE!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
well Tom Brevoort is calling Cyclops "Kid Hitler", so, there is some character assassination going on

It's because he's hated in the Marvel universe, thanks to older Scott Summers being deemed a terrorist.

That's why he's likening him to Hitler.

"And man, I’m in that tiny sliver of people who think Scott Summers is the best X-Man there is. I’ve loved Scott Summers ever since I first started reading X-Men comics back in the mid-60s. So I campaigned quite heavily to get young Scott Summers on that team. My primary goal was for the doubters: By the end of issue 1, I can make you love Scott Summers."

Sq0jjDg.gif

VAD

I'm loving Young Scott's outfit. Are Sam Miles and Kamala the new Logan? They seem to be everywhere these days. And count me in the "I don't like Ramos" camp. Will read this whenever it drops on MU.

I'm loving Young Scott's outfit. Are Sam Miles and Kamala the new Logan? They seem to be everywhere these days. And count me in the "I don't like Ramos" camp. Will read this whenever it drops on MU.

They all have their own solo books and one team book. That's it.

Stage On

I also don't particularly care about Rider. As a New Warriors classic reader, I remember the absolute crap the character was for years. Nova first appeared in 1976.

Trassssssssssh. Sure he got better eventually, but you can't throw shade at Kid Nova and ignore the long time sadness that was Richard Rider. How can you be the most boring character on a team with black Batman with a skateboard, cheap Spider-Man, lady Namor, and Justice. JUSTICE!

Ok yes New Warriors volume 2 was trash but Volume 1 was pretty good for the most part especially when you consider how awful comics in general where during that era.

Forever Yesterday which was a Nova centric arc where they restored his classic costume was particularly good

Putting three people who are currently on the real Avengers team on the Young Avengers team seems like kind of a demotion.

Like when they put Kitty Pryde on the New Mutants after she had been on the X-Men for years and she called Professor X a Jerk.

Kinyou

Have they left the All new All different Avengers or are there now two teams with Ms Marvel, Miles Spider and Nova?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Just because you like Annihilation Nova doesn't mean you can ignore all this:

The muscle shirt was hot shit for me at the time. That last one was garbo, but I loved dicks run. And if waid is about to give young Scott some more shine, I'm all in for that too. Easily the best of the o5

I hope they add Jean for a love triangle fuckery

Fuck no. Young Jean is terrible.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Have they left the All new All different Avengers or are there now two teams with Ms Marvel, Miles Spider and Nova?

We'll probably need to wait until Civil War II concludes to find out. But I'm assuming that Marvel Now 2.0 will include a new Avengers lineup.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The man managed to make me like comic Coulson in two pages, so I don't doubt he'll be able to bring lost sheep back to the Church of Cyclops.

Ooh, when was that? I thought only Ales Kot could do a good comic Coulson.

There's been art released of them burning their Avengers ID cards.

Khaz

Sam and Miles I don't know, but they sure love to put Ms. Marvel front and centre when any book needs a super group background. I love her book and character, but sometimes it really feels like they're trying too hard to make her happen. Like when she was sitting on the front row, centre, during Sam Wilson's speech for Rhodes. You'd think she was his next of kin with such treatment when she never even met him.

All-New, All-Different is likely getting a reboot of some sort, like Ewing's New Avengers is becoming USAvengers. The question is will Waid be writing the new flagship book? I'd throw it at Ewing to be honest.

Given Waid writing this, I'm surprised that new Wasp isn't on this team as well.

besada

Banned
Interesting including Viv, given the madness going on in Vision. I'd guess Waid is going to give us a more composed, less mentally broken Viv.

I hope Ramos stays on this so he never touches Spider-Man again. Giuseppe Camuncoli does the same super-kinetic style but miles better than him.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm out of the loop, explain?

hes a background character given attention. people forget he exists all the time or simply dont care, and he doesnt have anyone in the superhero world as a mentor, which he really needs

Kinyou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom