• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Someone should kick sense into Kevin Feiges brain if he produces these movies as a two parter with other movies inbetween.

Its not going to be a two parter like Harry Potter or Hunger Games. Its Avengers 3 and 4, booth with closed stories and Thanos wont get the full Gauntlet until 4.

The way you describe it makes it sound like a two-parter though.

I'm pretty sure it's a two-parter, even if both movies "work as solo stories".

Pachimari

5YtzWvs.jpg

Inhumans panel has started!

Jeph Loeb coming out wearing Medusa's wig lol:

Medusa taking back what is hers:

Pachimari

About Medusa's hair:
The hair will move and be wonderful, per Jeph Loeb.
Loeb reaffirming that Medusa's hair will in fact have a CG element.

About Black Bolt and no lines:
Loeb says Black Bolt won't have any lines EVER. No flashback or magic surgery

About IMAX cameras:
Roel Reine talks shooting #Inhumans on IMAX cameras. "They built a special lens for our show."
there's an IMAX screening after the panel if you're at sdcc

About Maximus:
Iwan's Maximus takes advantage of the fact that not everyone in Attilan is happy with Black Bolt's rule.
.@iwanrheon talks showing the human side to Maximus. "He's more of antagonist, than a villain.
Iwan's Maximus is more of an antagonist than a villain - wants to break the caste system inhumans find themselves in aka not Mad

Video of the cast's introduction: Part 1. Part 2.

Auran:
Sonya Balmores took "serious boxing lessons" for her role as Auran.

Action scenes:
Mike Moh confirms that the action scenes in the series are crazy

Crystal:
Isabelle (Crystal) spends most of her time with an invisible CGI'd 2000 lb pupper

Pachimari

The audience there will get a screening of Inhumans. So we'll at least get impressions.

Lockjaw everywhere:

Medusa's hair weights 2kg btw.

Jeph Loeb teases Agents of Shield and Inhumans crossover:
Jeph Loeb teases potential #Inhumans and #AgentsofSHIELD crossover!

Impressions:
We're about to get our first look at #Inhumans with a scene from the beginning of the first ep, featuring Triton.
We just saw one of the opening #Inhumans scenes with green-skinned Triton trying to save a young Inhuman, but being hunted by military
Triton goes to Earth because he's heard of #Inhumans there...
First teaser shows Triton on Earth where Inhumans have been popping up.
We were shown opening footage and the establishing shots were gorgeous. Lots of action with Triton.

New character:
Jeph announced that Ellen Woglom will play Louise, an original human character who crosses paths with the #Inhumans
Ellen Wheaton will play an original character names Louise. Only person without powers on the main cast

Sign language:
Looks like Black Bolt talks through Sign language, pretty cool
Maximus turn begins. Blackbolt uses sign language not telepathy to communicate
Anson Mount got help from the linguistics and signing communities to build a lexicon for how Black Bolt communicates.
The sign language is made up and was a collab - lots of mish mash of movements based on things like orchestra conductors
Medusa doesn't always translate Black Bolt word for word, bc she's opinionated and sometimes disagrees with him
They did work with asl tutors and the deaf community while developing the signs

Second clip impressions:
2nd clip shows a tense family dinner where the Royals learn about the #Inhumans descendants on Earth. Medusa's hair is...red...
Excited by the scenes they are showing of @theinhumans This looks good folks.
The dinner scene did make me more excited for the show than the first clip they showed us with Triton
The visuals they've shown are impressive.
The clips they're showing for #Inhumans are impressive. Definitely going to be one intense show.

Gorgon:
Gorgon has hooves

Pachimari

To me it seems like the royal family have heard about all of the Inhumans popping up everywhere from the pill distribution from Agents of Shield, and thus they've come to Earth. Thus, connected. Dunno. Seems obvious.

I should be sleeping but this shit is keeping me awake.

The only character who look 10x time better is lockjaw
Ken Leong is constantly challenged by his role and it stretches him like no other role.
Playing Karnak was "daunting" because "he was so formidable," says Ken Leung

A third clip is being presented (Gorgon and Karnak):
And now an action scene from later in the show featuring Gorgon and Karnak!
Karnak's strategic mind on display! Think Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes
Alright, this Karnak fight scene was pretty cool
Third clip is an action sequence between Karnak, Gorgon, and their respective adversaries.
Fight scene with Gorgon and Karnak after Maximus makes his move. WOW. TERRIFIC. GREAT ACTION.
Karnak and showing his power on screen was AWESOME
Dope action sequence with Karnak & Gorgon. They really nailed Karnak.
Gorgon and Karnak fighting is a delight to watch! As Nick puts it, Karnak can save scum
Several clips for #inhumans SHOWN, but it just doesn't look very good.
Karnak has a very narrow vision of how he sees life. He visualizes different ways a situation can unfold.
Fight sequence between Karnak & Gorgon vs Maximus henchmen. Karnak gets shot. But lets him rewind time and redo the fight.
(they probably mean it's on his mind as opposed to being straight up rewind)

Crystal can fly:
Flying. YOu know who can fly? Crystal

Inhumans symbols that Coulson saw:
Lots of glimpses of the alien (Inhuman) symbols that drove Coulson crazy in S2 of #AgentsofSHIELD

The score:
Sean Callery (Jessica Jones) doing the score for Inhumans.

Fourth clip (Medusa hair):
They're talking about @SerindaSwan Wig & Showing Footage!
Medusa's magical hair on display! (Ps: it does make the wig look better)
We got to see a clip of Medusa's hair moving. It was pretty great
Medusa kicks ass. Oh and the hair looks great in action.
tense stand-off between Maximus and Medusa. First glimpse of Medusa's hair in action/motion
Just saw Medusa's hair in action for the first time in a clip. Who knew static electricity could choke a guy?
Seeing Medusa chock Maximus with her hair was awesome! Inhumans is going to be great!
Medusa is not just an extension of Bolt. She's her own character.
"There are such strong female characters. Was an insistence that she wasn't going to be an interpreter" -@SerindaSwan on Medusa

On visual effects:
In the first 2 hours of #Inhumans alone, there are 600+ VFX shots.

Maximus:
Iwan was afraid of being typecast after Ramsey. Also Maximus has no powers after Terrigenisus
.@iwanrheon describes Maximus as revolutionary, ruthless, a family man, and a Shakespearean-type of character.

More impressions:
As a long time Inhumans fan, I'm incredibly happy to report all of the footage they've shown so far has been great.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
lol @ the only human song. First Mass Effect and now this.

Second trailer was much better than the first but it's still not good and why the hell does this still look so cheap? The cinematography couldn't be anymore bland.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Idk, Fox has been good lately with Deadpool and Logan. Maybe not focusing on the F4 will be good this time.

I dont think a approach like this works. Unlike Marvel and DC, Fox has no Comicbookmovie-Group who sit around and make everything working. Thats why you get a good movie, then a trashfest, and then again a good movie again.

Pachimari

The dog above all dogs has brought the crew!

Iwan Rheon was afraid to be typecast taking on the role as Maximus:
”My fear was I'd be doing the same thing again," Rheon said. ”It's that fear of being typecast and you just end up repeating yourself, but as we discussed it more and more, I realized that wasn't at all what we were trying to create with the show."
”[He's this] young man who went through terrigenesis and he became nothing," Rheon explained. ”In this society, which is all about what power you have, he's the lowest of low. The only reason he's not working down in the mines is because he's the brother of the king — even though he feels like he'd be a much better king — and he's a man of the people."

Nice cape for Valkyrie:

shingi70

Banned
KInhumans looks so disappointing, I know the budget is way lower but the art destiny should have followed that of Guardians and Thor Ragnarock.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That doesn't really work here. IW sounds like two halves of the same whole, whatever Marvel is saying. Winter Soldier and Civil War don't.
Ok, and how does Captain Marvel fit inbetween?
Is Thanos gonna wink in the camera and taking a break from destroying all existence because he can?

Is Thanos gonna wink in the camera and taking a break from destroying all existence because he can?

I don't know. I've been wondering for years.

Us not having all the relevant plot points yet doesn't change the fact this feels like a two-parter.

jmood88

Scott Buck: "audiences won't buy a guy with super powers who wears a mask."

Taika Waiti and Kevin Feige: "let's put deer antlers and a mask on Cate Blanchett."

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't know. I've been wondering for years.

Us not having all the relevant plot points yet doesn't change the fact this feels like a two-parter.
Unless the guys who make this movie actually say its not Infinity War Part I & II.
Sorry, I cant understand how this isnt obivious

Unless the guys who make this movie actually say its not Infinity War Part I & II.
Sorry, I cant understand how this isnt obivious

Why does what they say really matter here, though?

It seems like both movies are about Thanos. And they drop a year apart. That sounds like a two-parter to me, even if they're trying to label it something else (which could be for any number of marketing reasons).

There's more to being a two-parter than the official title not saying "Part 2" lol

jph139

I think the lines between sequel and two-parter and franchise and all will blur. And already have. Like, Civil War is a direct thematic sequel to Age of Ultron while still being the next step after Winter Soldier. Iron Man 3 is more like an Avengers spinoff than a follow-up to Iron Man 2.

Are people picturing Infinity War ending with a big TO BE CONTINUED! before the credits? I think they'll both be full experiences with a beginning, middle, and end. Just a closer in plot and theme than most MCU films.

curb

Banned
I'm more in the camp that thinks Winter Soldier and Civil War when it comes to Avengers 3 and 4. I mean, they could start working more out of chronological order but I can't see Avengers 4 happening without Captain Marvel and Wasp who aren't getting their proper introduction until after Infinity War.

Scott Buck: "audiences won't buy a guy with super powers who wears a mask."

Taika Waiti and Kevin Feige: "let's put deer antlers and a mask on Cate Blanchett."

thorragnarokyes!.gif

Are people picturing Infinity War ending with a big TO BE CONTINUED! before the credits? I think they'll both be full experiences with a beginning, middle, and end. Just a closer in plot and theme than most MCU films.

Nah. I'm not, anyways. I expect them to try to make them full stories in their own right.

I just expect it to still feel like a two-parter to most. It's not a bad thing, that's just what it sounds like.

El Topo

They've emphasized a lot that Captain Marvel would be the bridge between Earth and Cosmos. It's not unfathomable that she starts off somewhere other than Earth and only returns there for IW2.
That said, given that Fury is part of her movie, I assume that's unlikely? Unless Fury travels the universe to gather allies against Thanos? Nah, I have no idea.

They've emphasized a lot that Captain Marvel would be the bridge between Earth and Cosmos. It's not unfathomable that she starts off somewhere other than Earth and only returns there for IW2.
That said, given that Fury is part of her movie, I assume that's unlikely? Unless Fury travels the universe to gather allies against Thanos? Nah, I have no idea.
I don't know why but I would love that so, so much. Just the idea that 20-odd movies ago he was just 'You're going to part of a larger Universe' and now that's a completely literal comment.

Plus I kind of always like escalation in franchises - like how Nightmare on Elm Street's Dream Warriors bit or making Escape From Planet of the Apes an 'ape out of water' comedy - and this would be a good one.

curb

Banned
I figure Carol's story will start on Earth and something will cause her to head to space. And when she returns, she'll be in the middle of IW/A4.

I wonder if Fury will be like Tony in the KSD run of Captain Marvel. "We need an Avenger in space" or more like, "In light of the recent Thanos business, we need an Avenger in space".

Top Bottom