• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel reveals the MCU’s Fantastic Four

Doom85

Saw it. His performance wasn’t anything special. It was serviceable and nothing more.

Agree To Disagree Ryan Gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

Javier Bardem as Anton Chigurh? Now there’s a phenomenal actor delivering a memorable performance. Oscar Isaac and Pedro Pascal will never reach that level.

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Really? That’s the bar they have to reach? One of the best villain performances in cinema?

Also, the best scenes in Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent were when Cage was with Pascal. They had great chemistry together and bounced off each other great in terms of comedy.

I’m not saying Isaac and Pascal are consistently amazing, but to act like they’re merely adequate in every single role they’ve done I just can’t agree with.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anther kick at the can. F4 movies have been done before (first one 20 years ago). They seem to top out at $300M box receipts.

Assuming this comic movie will have the usual $200M production budget + another maybe $100M marketing, that's $300M costs. So around $600M box receipt at 50% take to cover it. actually more as people have said overseas takes are lower %. So assuming $300M all in costs, probably need $650-700M box receipts as many superhero movies actually do better in foreign markets than USA.

F4 getting $600-700M to break even. Good luck with that.

I dont see a movie like F4 with 4 crazy CGI characters + villains will be a low key film with little special effects. It'll surely be a big whiz bang Thing stomping and Mr. Stretcho dude effects everywhere.

Last edited:

Doom85

Anther kick at the can. F4 movies have been done before (first one 20 years ago). They seem to top out at $300M box receipts.

Oh, come on. Those films were widely regarded as mid at best by most (the 2000s films, the 2015 film sucks shit), a new film that’s far better (and has an actual good Dr. Doom) could do better in the BO.

It’s not a guarantee but it’s hardly a lost cause.

Kacho

Agree To Disagree Ryan Gosling GIF by The Academy Awards

Oh Come On Jim Carrey GIF

Really? That’s the bar they have to reach? One of the best villain performances in cinema?

Also, the best scenes in Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent were when Cage was with Pascal. They had great chemistry together and bounced off each other great in terms of comedy.

I’m not saying Isaac and Pascal are consistently amazing, but to act like they’re merely adequate in every single role they’ve done I just can’t agree with.
I was giving one example of a truly great actor. I could give more but I was making a point. Issac and Pascal are B tier actors that get undeserved praise from certain people on the internet.

TVexperto

Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm ????? wtf she always does the same face just like the guy that played kang
she has no charisma and is always trying to keep her eyes open

worst miscasting every, give me jessica alba over this any day

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Good casting.

Although I'm pretty board of cape shit and haven't really been interested in Marvel since End Game, I'm curious to see how this ends up. A marvel film set in the 1960s could be interesting.

Also,. it'll introduce Doom. That's reason enough to see it.

Doom85

worst miscasting every, give me jessica alba over this any day

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Alba’s “acting“ in those movies was a fucking joke.

I’ve only seem Kirby in the MI movies, but while I’d say her performance in those was only decent, that’s still leagues above the kindergarten stage play level performance Alba was doing.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'm getting tired of seeing Pedro Pascal's face on everything.
Hollywood has an extreme lack of originality.
Before it was Tom Holland, before that was Dwayne Johnson.
The need to milk the fame of who is famous at the moment is tiresome.
This

I like the actor, but it feels like he's everywhere.

Top Bottom