• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

Although I'm tempted, I think I'll pass. It doesn't sound like much of an upgrade, the price is crazy high, and I honestly didn't enjoy Marvel UA 2 nearly as much as I hoped to when I bought it at launch.

It sat for a while before I played it (years, even), so I regret spending full price.

The first one was better -- from what I played of it -- but I think I'll just one day go back to my last gen copy and play through it. Save the money.

IronLich

Waking up to footage of Ultimate Alliance 2, and I saw a PS4 video with Carnage, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Psylocke. So... did UA2 get the red carpet treatment? Did they really get the DLC out of the box? I mean I could just say "fuck UA1", but I've got a buddy who wanted to online co-op adventure one of these games with me. Just confirming if they pulled through on one end, but tripped and fell on the way back.

black070

Waking up to footage of Ultimate Alliance 2, and I saw a PS4 video with Carnage, Juggernaut, Magneto, and Psylocke. So... did UA2 get the red carpet treatment? Did they really get the DLC out of the box? I mean I could just say "fuck UA1", but I've got a buddy who wanted to online co-op adventure one of these games with me. Just confirming if they pulled through on one end, but tripped and fell on the way back.

Streams seem to confirm that MUA2 includes the DLC, whereas MUA1 doesn't.

SpotAnime

Putting up each game running at 1080p, 60fps with all the DLC packed in should be the absolute minimum in all honesty, a reduced price is just icing on the cake.

Unfortunately, it looks like these two outings check none of those boxes...

Wait, are you saying the remasters don't even run at 1080p and 60fps?

Now that's unacceptable.

I wanted to play Prototype 2's re-release, because I missed it last gen, but I still haven't bought it because it's been too expensive. They need to lower the prices of these things.

Deadpool wasn't worth full price. I bought it, beat it in a week then returned it for my money back. That's the only reason I bought it, though -- being able to return it -- because the game isn't that good.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

Can we online co-op? I don't remember that in the first release.

black070

Downloading now, had £5 left in my wallet - picked up £40 credit from CDKeys, costing me £35 for the two.

They are around about 6-8 gig each.

schaft0620

fuck it, nobody wants to figure out whats in and whats out I am just going to buy it next time I get in front of my PS4.

Here is to supporting good Marvel games I guess. And here is to hoping for more.

I know I'm going to buy this..price doesnt matter to me.

But since the PSN doesnt update till who the fuck knows when in the US I decided to see how UA1 looks/runs on my 360.

Good riddance to that version...runs like shit.

Lucifon

4oWb.png

Have people got this off the UK Xbox store? Not showing for me.

:(

sh1fty

I would have checked it out for $19.99 CDN, but if it's $79.99 CDN for both... no thanks. With my backlog and upcoming games (No Man's Sky!), I can afford to wait them out until there's a huge price drop.

Fury451

Banned
Wasn't there some weird licensing thing with MUA DLC?

I remember it was eventually pulled from purchase on the stores, and that drove the price of the gold edition disc copy through the roof.

Possibly that's still what's keeping it off of this remaster.

which won't be long, i'm thinking :) ...

Activision doesn't do sales like other companies do sales. Activision does "sales".

Wasn't there some weird licensing thing with MUA DLC?

I remember it was eventually pulled from purchase on the stores, and that drove the price of the gold edition disc copy through the roof.

Possibly that's still what's keeping it off of this remaster.
That was when Activision originally lost all Marvel rights and anything Marvel-related went down off of digital marketplaces.

Fury451

Banned
That was went Activision originally lost all Marvel rights and anything Marvel-related went down off of digital marketplaces.

Oh I see; so there's no plausible reason that's apparent for it not to be included as of now then. I can't imagine why they would put the UA2 content in and not UA1 for just no reason. But then again, Activision.

Oh I see; so there's no plausible reason that's apparent for it not to be included as of now then. I can't imagine why they would put the UA2 content in and not UA1 for just no reason. But then again, Activision.
To be fair, the DLC for MUA1 only came to 360. Basing it on any other version means they might not have factored them in. Oddly enough the recent 360 XBL rerelease includes the DLC in the base game just like this remaster should have.

Grief.exe

It's 30fps on PS4!? This hideous, ancient game is 30fps and Diablo 3 is 60fps?

No excuses, I'm out.

If this is accurate, it's likely due to the animations being locked to frame rate, which makes 60 fps extremely difficult and expensive to implement.

Welcome to PC gaming.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
If I was only going to buy one which should it be? MUA with no DLC or MUA2 with the DLC?

MUA1 = Goofy Marvel comic museum that pretty much just throws as many heroes, villains, and references into a giant blender with a thin story for some silly Diablo-esque antics. It almost feels like the entire compendium of Marvel's history is given some screen time in this game.

MUA2 = Focus on the Civil War storyline scaling back the scope of the previous outing to befit a quasi re-telling of the popular graphic novel. Not as expansive given the constraints of the narrative but its a fine outing. If you enjoyed the recent Cap film, this would be a nice companion. It's just a bit disappointing given the sheer expansiveness of the first game, not to mention I recall some aspects of combat and character progression is scaled down as well.

JohngPR

If this is accurate, it's likely due to the animations being locked to frame rate, which makes 60 fps extremely difficult and expensive to implement.

Welcome to PC gaming.

The original PC version of MUA1 can be 60fps though.

Hate to be negative but I think the re-release of MUA1 is based on the PC version that didn't have the DLC characters which explains why the new one doesn't and the new one was locked at 30fps because optimization is much easier if you only target 30fps.

Shaming people for spending their own money on what they want sure is cool!

It's not shaming - I was saying that buying this low-effort port for its comparatively high price encourages publishers to keep doing the same thing. Of course he's free to spend his money on whatever, but saying the "worst willpower" and a sad face :( implies that Suzzopher knows he is paying above the odds.

It's not shaming - I was saying that buying this low-effort port for its comparatively high price encourages publishers to keep doing the same thing. Of course he's free to spend his money on whatever, but saying the "worst willpower" and a sad face :( implies that Suzzopher knows he is paying above the odds.

Activision is a special kind of publisher that decides releasing a 10 year old game with the same amount (MUA1) or less (CoD4) content is a great idea.

Top Bottom