• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

RedBoot

Not having the DLC is the deal-breaker for me. I still have the discs of both games, but I never got the DLC for either. I was willing to shell out for the DLC plus the convenience of playing them on the current gen systems, but $40 for the base game is not happening.

Interesting thought, though: weren't Moon Knight and Colossus exclusive to the 360/PS3/Wii versions? It doesn't seem like they were originally included in the PC version (though I could be wrong there). If they weren't included, and these releases are ports of the PC version, then Acti had to do some legwork to get them in there. In that case, not including the Gold version characters makes no sense.

Grief.exe

The original PC version of MUA1 can be 60fps though.

Hate to be negative but I think the re-release of MUA1 is based on the PC version that didn't have the DLC characters which explains why the new one doesn't and the new one was locked at 30fps because optimization is much easier if you only target 30fps.

That kills that possibility then. This port has the potential to be disastrous.

How was the initial PC version?

The PS store says this is 1 player, with 2-4 network players. Is this an error or did they cut local co-op?

And assuming it is just an error, do local co-op players earn progression and unlock rewards and trophies?

It is bizarre that I have to ask these kinds of things about a 'remaster.'

Xyrmellon

Why would they make a big deal at Comic-Con about a 26th release date and rhen it not come out that day on Xbox? DUMB.

killroy87

The PS store says this is 1 player, with 2-4 network players. Is this an error or did they cut local co-op?

And assuming it is just an error, do local co-op players earn progression and unlock rewards and trophies?

It is bizarre that I have to ask these kinds of things about a 'remaster.'

From the product page on PSN

Take full advantage of the Marvel Universe by playing Cooperative Mode with up to four friends, both online and offline.

ryseing

I bought the bundle because I'm a fucking sucker. I'll report back with any important findings in awhile.

Ugh. I hate myself.

I need something new to play and have two weeks until NMS, plus I've always wanted to play these games.

UGH I hate myself. Should wait for sale.

What was all the DLC for MUA? I remember buying a little bit of it back in the day, but I recall it being 3 character packs that had two characters each? Wasn't Hulk DLC?

Meh... for shame if they skimped on including DLC in an already pricey remaster/re-release.

Fury451

Banned
To be fair, the DLC for MUA1 only came to 360. Basing it on any other version means they might not have factored them in. Oddly enough the recent 360 XBL rerelease includes the DLC in the base game just like this remaster should have.

Two things I never knew, thanks. Wow, what an odd situation. Have to say that not having the DLC is definitely putting an even bigger pause on buying this for me than the words "Activision port"

JP

I bought the bundle because I'm a fucking sucker. I'll report back with any important findings in awhile.

Ugh. I hate myself.
I really want both games but I just feel that I'm buying completely blind at the moment.

Not connected to what I've quoted and It could well be my memory playing tricks here but wasn't the Prototype "bundle" discount removed shortly after launch without any notice? I may be thinking about a completely different game but I seem to remember a lot of fuss because the bundle discount was only there for a week or something and it didn't mention anywhere that it was only temporary.

I just remember something like that happening with a quietly released and something tells me it was Prototype. Maybe?

What was all the DLC for MUA? I remember buying a little bit of it back in the day, but I recall it being 3 character packs that had two characters each? Wasn't Hulk DLC?
They did a hero pack with Hulk, Cyclops, Hawkeye, and Nightcrawler and then a villain pack with Doom, Magneto, Venom, and Sabretooth.

OK, NEWS. I bought the PS4 bundle.

MUA2 - DLC included, seems to run at 60fps, potentially unlocked. And for anyone that remembers - the PS3 had real bad crushed black issues, not like that on the PS4 release.

MUA2 - DLC included, seems to run at 60fps, potentially unlocked. And for anyone that remembers - the PS3 had real bad crushed black issues, not like that on the PS4 release.
Sounds like what I wished for MUA1 to be like. Glad to hear at least one of these seems to have turned out well. If only they could fix MUA1 for parity.

Wait, so the second game has it, but not the first? Could it really be Xbox exclusive? Either way, i'm back to interested.

Tsunamo

Been wanting these for a long time. Definately keen on it, but like Deadpools current gen port i'll just wait for a decent sale. Launch price is way too steep for me to bite. (though the incentitive of buy both and get a discount is welcome, more publishers should do deals like that)

Zimmy68

So if I pay $60 for the bundle, you meant to tell me there is no Hulk in MUA1?

Good luck.

Hulk wasn't even considered DLC, what is the excuse?

(I'm going by the artwork on the PSN page, he may be in it).

hidys

So if I pay $60 for the bundle, you meant to tell me there is no Hulk in MUA1?

Good luck.

Hulk wasn't even considered DLC, what is the excuse?

(I'm going by the artwork on the PSN page, he may be in it).

Hulk was definitely DLC in the original.

Hulk was licensed exclusively to Sierra for a while.

Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction came out in 2005.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance was in 2006.
The license to Hulk expired a bit after the game came out, hence how he ended up as DLC for the Xbox 360 version.

Zimmy68

But wasn't there a version with Hulk out of the box on Xbox?
Maybe a Target exclusive?
I gave my game away but I swore he was on the cover.
And I don't remember buying the gold edition.

BTHR Zero X

Ok so has it been confirmed that there is no DLC Characters in the Xbone Version? or the PS4 Version for MUA1? Because MUA2 has all DLC.

styl3s

But wasn't there a version with Hulk out of the box on Xbox?
Maybe a Target exclusive?
I gave my game away but I swore he was on the cover.
And I don't remember buying the gold edition.
You might be thinking of The Thing because Hulk was not on the cover of MUA1 but he WAS on the cover of MUA2.

Shit, I have like $30 on my XBOX account so Im thinking about going in on the bundle since I never played either but $60 just seems to high for 2 ports.

hidys

The thing I really can't wrap my head around with the DLC characters being excluded from the original is that I'm pretty sure all of those characters appear in at least some form in either of those games.

So licensing would be an unlikely excuse for excluding them.

Top Bottom