• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

JohngPR

It's the same original release. Controller doesn't work properly, the buttons are all messed up and you can't remap them. Keyboard and mouse is unusable. You turn on click to move and the character runs all over the screen, not where you click. I can barely navigate through the menu because of the messed up controls. Do not bother buying this crap on PC. Stay as far away from this pile of steaming shit as you can.

The original PC release had the same problem with the gamepad button prompts being messed up because the icons were incorrect. There's a fix out there somewhere for the original that may work for this version if they are the same.

Even with the prompt fix the catch is that you have to map the gamepad controls to the defaults or it gets screwy.

So this company ported the PS4 AND PC versions. I'd bet the Xbox One version is running via BC.

I really dont know..
All I know is I played the 360 version this morning and the PS4 version this afternoon and this Zoom Studio (whatever its called) logo is an addition to opening loading screens of the PS4 version.

On the PS4 for UA2 there is a studio logo at the beginning that I can only describe as paper mache, Little Big Planet tree tops..dont know what studio it was and dont remember if it was on the original UA2 but its there....along with Zoom.

-EDIT-
Zoe Mode is the studio (not Zoom)..my bad.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm feeling weak. Been itching to replay these games for years...hate to overspend on a weak port, but again, the urge is real.

I've made some of my arguments as to why I liked MUA1 better than MUA2 earlier in this very thread. To quote:

To each his own I guess.
Observations after playing the first level where you get to choose characters.

1: another boring factory-ish setting where you spend half the time busting crates and try with great percision to walk over the Shield coins because they dont collect smoothly. I chose 4 female characters: Invisible Woman, Ms. marvel and Spiderwoman all play exactly the same on their R2+X. Storm threw a lighting boly at random enemies because you cant lock on anyone. By the end you shoot at Fing Fang Foom with a turret then stand in front of him, spam block, and spam attack his foot.

2: Doctor Dooms castle, much bigger variety of enemies..we chose Black Panther, Mr. fantastic, juggernaut and gambit (he sucks). Some strike similarities with panther and gambit but much more varied than what i saw in 1. The Ultras are also a big deal..i know alot of the combos boil down to two characters running around wiping enemies but the unique ones are really cool..like juggernaut busting concrete + gambit throwing cards at it to charge it and then juggernaut throws it. At the end you fight tinkerer in a tank...unlike foom he walks around, you need to disable his legs and do crowd control.

Got ultimate alliance 2 since I like that one more than the first one. Still enjoy it and playing with my 7 year old is a blast.

styl3s

So does Marvel Heroes. Play that instead of this.
I have played Marvel Heroes for hundreds of hours but i still don't think it's as good as MUA or X-Men legends. Speaking of X-Men Legends i need to hunt down a PS2 to replay those they were so good.

MechDX

I really dont know..
All I know is I played the 360 version this morning and the PS4 version this afternoon and this Zoom Studio (whatever its called) logo is an addition to opening loading screens of the PS4 version.

On the PS4 for UA2 there is a studio logo at the beginning that I can only describe as paper mache, Little Big Planet tree tops..dont know what studio it was and dont remember if it was on the original UA2 but its there....along with Zoom.

-EDIT-
Zoe Mode is the studio (not Zoom)..my bad.

Sorry didn't mean to imply that you did know. Guess we will know Thursday if this game has a 360 start up animation when you fire it up on the One.

MUA2 has all the DLC on PC/PS4, MAU1 does not, but we still dont know if the Xbox one version has it, since it could be based on the Xbox 360 Gold edition which has all the DLC in MUA1.

Which could be why it was delayed since it might be ported from a different game

K thanks for the clear up.

Damn. The first game has 30% positive reviews on Steam.
The 2nd game has 9%.
Of course there aren't that many reviews yet, but still.

Damn. The first game has 30% positive reviews on Steam.
The 2nd game has 9%.
Of course there aren't that many reviews yet, but still.

UA1 definitely suffers from some kind of config mapping issue, same as the original PC port apparently did, and UA2 may suffer from something similar in addition to some bad sound effect bugs.

IrishNinja

miss these games, 2 wasn't great but at least it had Iron Fist! shame it's still kinda pricey...also salty i missed out on Carnage DLC, man fuck timed DLC

GavinUK86

Okay cool. One more question: the game has an unlocked frame rate right?

As far as I can tell, yes. I can't get any overlays to work with it but it can run at least at 60fps.

The original PC release had the same problem with the gamepad button prompts being messed up because the icons were incorrect. There's a fix out there somewhere for the original that may work for this version if they are the same.

Even with the prompt fix the catch is that you have to map the gamepad controls to the defaults or it gets screwy.

Yeah I ended up having keyboard controls selected in game and using a program called xpadder to map them to my controller. Still does weird shit when you click the sticks but it's manageable.

True but it still looks dated, couldn't even bother to scale up the textures.

It does look pretty rough.

schaft0620

MUA1 (PS4): 1 hour in and graphically I'm impressed. I didn't think it was going to be playable.

25 total characters in the game, 7 are locked.

How's local MP on MUA1? If it's based on the PC version I remember that one had big trouble detecting multiple gamepads, to the point where I thought maybe it was impossible.

the chris

If this was priced at $20 then I would be all over this. The missing DLC is a peanut on the shit sundae too. Makes me worried about how much Activision is going to charge for the Fall of Cybertron rerelease.

SNIKT!

I can't believe they released the first one without all the DLC. What were they thinking? Is it a licensing issue?

And spend like $10 for each character and you can only play one at once and have no combos. Marvel Heroes is not a replacement for Ultimate Alliance in the slightest.

Well this is clearly a bullshit post? It's one at the time but their movelist will be much more extensive, they'll have better loot, they'll control better, have more active powers, have a much larger amount of content to grind through, the prices aren't anywhere near that high and you'll be able to get the hero you want most for free.

It's a different experience but don't shit on Heroes with bullshit that isn't true.

Imagine when it releases on the Xbox One on Thursday and it came with all the DLC lol.

Perhaps I should have waited on my ps4 purchase.... whoops? lol

If it does wind up being on the XBOX One version then it's not the end of my world.
I would have never found anyone to play with on Xbox One and I stopped my Gold subscription at the beginning of the year.

And..if it does wind up being on the XBOX One version...that is a licensing deal I am interested in hearing the details of.

schaft0620

If it does wind up being on the XBOX One version then it's not the end of my world.
I would have never found anyone to play with on Xbox One and I stopped my Gold subscription at the beginning of the year.

And..if it does wind up being on the XBOX One version...that is a licensing deal I am interested in hearing the details of.

Here is the content we are talking about here

MUA1:

Cyclops
Hawkeye
Hulk
Nightcrawler
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Sabretooth
Venom

Well this is clearly a bullshit post? It's one at the time but their movelist will be much more extensive, they'll have better loot, they'll control better, have more active powers, have a much larger amount of content to grind through, the prices aren't anywhere near that high and you'll be able to get the hero you want most for free.

It's a different experience but don't shit on Heroes with bullshit that isn't true.

Control better my ass. You just click everything to death mindlessly with even more repetitive animations than MUA. And who cares about the movelist being more expansive for one hero if you can play as a whole squad on some superhero team shit in MUA? And the environments are somehow even more boring in Marvel Heroes. And the lack of tons of loot in MUA is a good thing. MUA is a brawler not a loot game so I'm just tired of seeing people recommend Heroes like its an alternative.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xbone "port" ends up just being the two games getting added to the BC list and not a proper port.

Here is the content we are talking about here

MUA1:

Cyclops
Hawkeye
Hulk
Nightcrawler
Doctor Doom
Magneto
Sabretooth
Venom

I am aware and I won't be phased if its on the Xbox One and not on the PS4 (which I own via the bundle)...but I will be curious why.

If I want to play as Hawkeye I have UA1 Gold Edition on disc for the 360.

I guess I'm gonna play Marvel Heroes instead for the time being.

Jtrizzy

Just want to get confirmation for PS4...MUA1 one is 1080p30 but MUA2 is 1080p60? I could get it on PC, but don't want to deal with the controller issues.

Top Bottom