• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

malfcn

Budget as fuck port confirmed?

Zoe Mode said:
EyeToy: Play 3 (2005)
SingStar Rocks! (2006)
EyeToy Play Sports (2006)
SingStar Pop Hits (2007)
Crush (2007)
Dancing with the Stars (2007)
EyeCreate (2007)
EyeToy: Play Astro Zoo (2007)
Disney Sing It! (2008)
EyeToy Play: Hero (2008)
Rock Revolution (2008-2009)
You're in the Movies (2008-2009)
Chime (2010)
Grease: The Game (2010)
Grease Dance (2011)
Zumba Fitness 2 (2011-2012)
Haunt (2012)
Crush 3D (2012)
Zumba Fitness Rush (2012)
Zumba Fitness Core (2012)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (2013)
Zumba Kids (2013)
Powerstar Golf (2013)
Risk (2014)
Risk Urban Assault (2016)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance (2016)
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (2016)

Nintendad

So I played about an hour of MUA2. I didn't play 1 because the achievements aren't live yet. So far 2 has played pretty smoothly for me on Xbox One. I need to get some sleep, but I hope to play some more tomorrow.

MechDX

So I played about an hour of MUA2. I didn't play 1 because the achievements aren't live yet. So far 2 has played pretty smoothly for me on Xbox One. I need to get some sleep, but I hope to play some more tomorrow.

Did you look to see if the DLC is in 1?

So any idea if MUA1 on XB1 comes with the DLC? It does mention the Hulk in the description...

i wouldn't be surprised if the description is just a ctrl+c and ctrl+v from the 360 version. 0 effort was put in this and i won't be surprised they just copied the description from the gold version.

XB1 MUA1 page mentioning Hulk, but the screenshot they have of the character select is still missing the DLC. Guess we won't know until people actually buy.

jmizzal

So any idea if MUA1 on XB1 comes with the DLC? It does mention the Hulk in the description...

Yea and the PC/PS4 description doesnt mention HULK, even tho the screens are the same from the PC/PS4 version the description is different in the xbox one version hmmm

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I literally never thought this game would end up making us all join together to see the trainwreck it has become.

Heh, to be fair its far from a trainwreck really. At least on PS4 there are marginal improvements, but improvements nonetheless and it performs for the most part better than it ever did on PS360. The lack of DLC characters is a bummer for MUA1, but this isn't close to say SH HD as a port.

killroy87

So current situation, as far as we know, seems like;

All platofrms - ports are overpriced, take that as you will
PS4 - game doesn't blow you away, but works well enough as intended
PC - complete shitshow
Xbone - DLC doesn't appear to be in the original as hoped, and seemingly a complete shitshow as well?

So if you're going to buy this at all, seems like PS4 is the way to go.

jmizzal

Even if the PC ports weren't a shit show, I still wouldn't touch this at those prices

Yea and PC game sales happen way more then consoles

But do we have proof the Xbox one version isnt good? outside of the achievements not being up for MUA1 yet

It looked to run fine when I was watching somebody play it on Twitch

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yea and PC game sales happen way more then consoles

But do we have proof the Xbox one version isnt good? outside of the achievements not being up for MUA1 yet

It looked to run fine when I was watching somebody play it on Twitch

Yep. Hopefully it's problems are fixed by the time it goes on sale.

JTripper

Funny.

The one question everyone wants answered and posters drop in, give a brief summary but don't answer the DLC question.

It's a bit ridiculous. From what I've read, UA2 has the dlc but literally no one is able to find proof of dlc existing in UA1.

poodaddy

Funny.

The one question everyone wants answered and posters drop in, give a brief summary but don't answer the DLC question.

It's a bit ridiculous. From what I've read, UA2 has the dlc but literally no one is able to find proof of dlc existing in UA1.

Right? I mean shit man I'd bite just to find out but I really don't wanna pony up $40.....

Someone for the love of God just answer, can you play as Hulk and Venom in Xbox one MUA1? They're not unlocks, they should be available at the character select screen the second you can switch heroes.

Matter fact, just take a picture of your character select screen and post that shit if you're on Xbox one, pretty please. I know someone's got it on Xbox One surely.

All signs point to the DLC not being there. The screenshots on the marketplace are missing the DLC characters and the achievements related to DLC characters are not there. Compare to MUA on X360 which has 1250 points vs only 1000 points on X1. Hulk being mentioned in the description is probably just a mistake. All other signs point to no.

jrmanimal

dIXpmzn.png

Found this random twitch stream of the X1 version and there is no DLC.

U2NUMB

From xbox360achievements.org staff member posting about achievements. Important because as they point out the DLC ones are not there.. This is about MUA1

Comment #5 by The Pants Party [STAFF]
Thursday, July 28, 2016 @ 04:48:14 PM
The DLC is NOT included for this game, and the achievements were removed.

MUA2 does have its DLC and the accompanying achievements, though the values have been altered so it still only has 1000G.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news-4778-Game-Added--Marvel-Ultimate-Alliance.html

Time to remove all hope people.

At this rate, I'll probably end up waiting for the 360 version of MUA1 to go on sale again, if it ever does. It's been on sale twice since it went up, but now with the ports I'm sure they'll be more stingy.

killroy87

Alright, I just jumped on the PS4 version. The lost DLC is a shame, but I just want a good couch coop game to play with my partner, and I'd love to replay this. At least the PS4 version sounds like a decent enough port, even if they didn't add anything of note.

jmizzal

Just got the bundle on Xbox one, gonna dive in after it downloads

edit:
The achivments must be fixed in MUA1 on Xbox one, I got a lot while I was playing

Decided to jump in on the ps4 versions, despite the lack of DLC for MUA 1. I just love these games too much! Played a little bit of both and am having a blast. Kinda surprised by how much better the port of the second one is though. Hoping that the first one gets patched up to be on par.

poodaddy

I can't believe they fucked up so bad with MUA1 man.....all they had to do was use the Gold edition. I'm so disappointed man.....

Ill still buy it on sale just because I'm an idiot though. I'm also hoping against hope that if these sell then they'll eventually release X men Legends 2 and Xmen Origins Wolverine on Steam/Xbox One/PS4, and I honestly think X Men Legends 2 was the best entry in the ActionRPG Marvel entries. I doubt it'll happen though as I don't think there are many others that remember Xmen Legends 2 quite as fondly as I do :/

Xyrmellon

I haven't heard any issues gameplay-wise with these, although it seems some pc users are having controller and sound bugs. So on consoles, the only disappointment seems to be no dlc in #1??

Top Bottom