• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

Unit24

I honestly find this more depressing than exciting. This really does sound a lot like the Prototype re-release, in which it's less about re-injecting life into a dead franchise and more about digging up its corpse and throwing it out to the masses for one last cash grab. Those prices are absolutely ridiculous, and the fact that it's being announced days before release makes me think it'll be a lazy port job like Prototype apparently was.

JP

Damn, that's more than I was expecting and more than I'm willing to pay. I think both games for $39.99 is what I would have been happy to spend.

I was pretty excited about this but then I realized that I have the games for the 360 and could play them right now if I wanted. If these are going to be mostly straight ports, then I see little reason to plop down $40/ $60 bucks for them. Although for nostalgia, convenience, and longevity, I'll probably pick them up once they drop significantly in price.

the early pacing of MUA1 is straight garbage

atlantis section is awful, arcade section is awful(that fake pitfall thing brings the game to a screeching halt)

i'll play em both anyway

Stainless

I'm curious why the x360 versions are available digitally (although still $30 each, heh) but for playstation 3 you have to buy the physical version?

Katori

I'm curious why the x360 versions are available digitally (although still $30 each, heh) but for playstation 3 you have to buy the physical version?
Back when the PS3 versions came out, PS3 games weren't distributed digitally. Might've been the same for 360, but I feel like MS offered an easier path to digital distribution, whereas Sony's was a little more arcane. Not sure exactly but a lot of physical games are missing from PS3.

I find the price kinda high, I could pay $20 each or $40 both but since I still have both games on Xbox 360 with the dlc I see no reason to buy it at the full price.

Karak

Reviewing them soon. Going to be an interesting set of titles and seeing what they bring to the table. Unexpected as hell

Reviewing them soon. Going to be an interesting set of titles and seeing what they bring to the table. Unexpected as hell
Looking forward to that, the first one ran like crap the 360 when I tried replaying it years ago.

60 bucks is hard to swallow, but if they run well, may bite.

MrGerbils

guys, are these REMASTERS (updated visuals) or basic re-releases? I looked but it wasn't clear to me.

From the article:

Marvel.com: Cool! Were there any changes from the original games?

Mike Jones: We wanted these re-releases to be as faithful to the original Ultimate Alliance games as possible—the definitive versions. However, the team did work really hard on improving performance, some UI and graphic enhancements as well as making the games compatible with modern platform features on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. They play really smooth.

Sounds like a very barebones rerelease.

You guys are still expecting too much.

Hey man if capcom offers 60 fps update for re 4,5,6 and sells them for 20 dollars. Then for 40 dollars they should release MUA 1 and 2 in 60 fps. Capcom includes all DLCs too. Not to mention capcom offers physical copies of those games too for 20 dollars.

Dec

Well, for one thing, Marvel Heroes will inevitably shut down. Two, you only need to pay once (or maybe more than once, if DLC isn't included) to get every hero in Ultimate Alliance.

Life is temporary. I guarantee you will get more time out of Marvel Heroes and more playable heroes for significantly less than $60.

There are 58 heroes in Marvel Heroes. Your comparison is shit.

josh924

Banned
60 bucks? Ha. I'll buy it down the line tho.

Yeah, what the hell? How is it that Capcom can re-release RE4 one gen after its original release (on PS3/360) for half the price of a standalone M:UA re-release? Is it really just "because Activision"? I haven't played M:UA2, but I know M:UA1 hasn't aged well enough to cost anything more than $15.

Yeah, what the hell? How is it that Capcom can re-release RE4 one gen after its original release (on PS3/360) for half the price of a standalone M:UA re-release? Is it really just "because Activision"? I haven't played M:UA2, but I know M:UA1 hasn't aged well enough to cost anything more than $15.

i'm not going to defend activision but i guarantee you the marvel license fee isn't cheap. i don't know how it works with a re-release/re-master though

josh924

Banned
i'm not going to defend activision but i guarantee you the marvel license fee isn't cheap. i don't know how it works with a re-release/re-master though

That's actually a very good point. Still, I can't justify spending more than $15 on a game (M:UA1, specifically) just to be able to play it on a current console. I'd like to wait for any sort of sale or price drop, but by then, it could very possibly be delisted again.

Top Bottom