• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

LuuKyK

A shame about that price. But its good to see that the games are alive on Activions' eyes. Hopefully that means a sequel could be in the cards.

Hey man if capcom offers 60 fps update for re 4,5,6 and sells them for 20 dollars. Then for 40 dollars they should release MUA 1 and 2 in 60 fps. Capcom includes all DLCs too. Not to mention capcom offers physical copies of those games too for 20 dollars.

Man, I agree with absolutely everything you just said. These games should be getting, at the very least the type of attention capcom's remasters are getting. But this is Activision and these aren't remasters. Activison isn't going to put the effort into any of their ports unless it's for a franchise that makes bank. (Deadpool and the Prototype bundles are the glowing proof of this). You can believe the cybertron ports are gonna get the same barren treatment as well.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to enhancements for such great games such as these. I'm saying Activision isn't going to cater to what any of us beleive these titles deserve if they get new life on current systems.

Man, I agree with absolutely everything you just said. These games should be getting, at the very least the type of attention capcom's remasters are getting. But this is Activision and these aren't remasters. Activison isn't going to put the effort into any of their ports unless it's for a franchise that makes bank. (Deadpool and the Prototype bundles are the glowing proof of this). You can believe the cybertron ports are gonna get the same barren treatment as well.

I'm not saying you're not entitled to enhancements for such great games such as these. I'm saying Activision isn't going to cater to what any of us beleive these titles deserve if they get new life on current systems.

Pretty much. Says a lot that Modern Warfare Remastered seems to be the only Activision port getting a decent amount of care put into it.

Billfisto

I really want these, but I'm going to wait for other people to take the plunge first. The Deadpool port on PS4 has a serious issue where it tries to connect to a server that doesn't seem to exist every thirty seconds, resulting in a frequent hitching pause. It's been like this forever and Activision refuses to acknowledge it. I need to go offline to play it properly.

$40 apiece? Lol Be serious. $60 for the bundle? Nope. $40 for both and we'd have a compelling deal here. Picked up both with all DLC included on 360 during a sale for something like $18 total IIRC. A low effort "remaster" isn't worth an extra $42. Great, last gen games but get real.

ezekial45

Banned
This thread just reminded me that I still have the Wii version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance wrapped in plastic in a closet. I never bothered opening it when I bought the original Wii.

Grief.exe

At least they are making it available for preservation, especially with a PC version, but the price is cost prohibitive for now.

This thread just reminded me that I still have the Wii version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance wrapped in plastic in a closet. I never bothered opening it when I bought the original Wii.

Yeah, I bought MUA1 for the PSP and I also have a copy of it for the PS3, but I've barely played either of them. I'm definitely not going to be buying it for a third time until these go down in price even though I'm a huge fan.

The PSP version is the UMD and my PSP 200 is a piece of shit the UMD drive is loud as hell, the faceplate is coming off, and after having played with the 3DS and Vita for years, I've come to realize how awful the PSP analog nub is.

I think my preferred way of playing this game would be to get a better PSP (maybe a PSP GO) or get custom firmware on my Vita (doubtful since I keep it updated) and dump the UMD ISO onto either of those.

Philtastic

Oh nice! I really enjoyed MUA1 on PC. MUA2 finally making it to PC is great! I'll probably wait for a sale given that I have no lack of games (I just recently got a GTX 1070, played some glorious Witcher 3 and GTA V but then got introduced to Hearthstone, and Starbound 1.0 got released. Putting that 1070 to great use) but this is still really exciting news!

Jimrpg

Got MUA1 for the 360.

I'm in the 'meh' camp.

If you're deciding between getting it or not, watch some videos first.

At the time, I would have put Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2, Champions of Norrath and Hunter the Reckoning ahead of it.

Hostile_18

Banned
Have they really gone to the trouble to negotiate the DLC licence... certainly hope so.

Raven Soft did the first game and it was by far the best. Day 1 for me.

Got MUA1 for the 360.

I'm in the 'meh' camp.

If you're deciding between getting it or not, watch some videos first.

At the time, I would have put Diablo 2, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2, Champions of Norrath and Hunter the Reckoning ahead of it.

Those aren't Marvel games tho

Guess we wont find out about the DLC tell Tuesday. Crossing fingers its in there like all others games that came over but I wont be surprise if its not with this publisher and for that price.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'd rather MUA1 and XML2, MUA2 is garbage. XML1 and 2 really did the "heroes with Diablo-style gameplay" right, and while MUA1 was a bit more casual, it still felt Diablo-esque.

The fact that we are just hearing about this AND it's full price screams low effort to me. Not that the team behind it isn't putting in effort but more like this is what activist on decided to put out as quick and as cheap as they could possibly do, and still charge 60.

Life is temporary. I guarantee you will get more time out of Marvel Heroes and more playable heroes for significantly less than $60.

There are 58 heroes in Marvel Heroes. Your comparison is shit.

I'm just saying, there is still reason to be hesitant about free-to-play games.

This is coming from someone who has thrown money at Marvel Heroes and very few other free-to-play games.

Yukinari

Does this mean we'll get all the MvsC games back for sale, including the DLC? I cant imagine Marvel would leave that money sitting on the table.

PrankT

Loved the first one, didn't play the second. Can't wait to see how these look/play.

I liked Ultimate Alliance better than X-Men Legends.

Loved the first one, didn't play the second. Can't wait to see how these look/play.

I liked Ultimate Alliance better than X-Men Legends.

I had the first game on pc, 360 and ps3 I found it that good to play. I never finished it on any platform though (yes I got stuck late in the game haha).

When MUA 2 came out I finished it within a few days of buying it.

I'd also love to see X-Men Legends 1 & 2 re-released, those games were ace!

$60 is too much, I expected $20 at most.

Wish they made a new one though, or we had a DC version.

What I really want is UMVC3 out on PC/PS4.

Dominator

I think I'm gonna buy this. I remember some stores got this game and Tony Hawk's Project 8 before the PS3 came out, and I picked it up two weeks before the console was even out. I remember staring at the game everyday wanting to play, and when I finally did I really loved the game. Haven't played it since I beat it back then so I want to reminisce and I might as well get the bundle.

Top Bottom