• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Montresor

Even as I'm typing this, a voice at the back of my head is saying "Montresor, stop. Stop being such a dumb fanboy". But I cant help myself and make this (snarky?) comment:

I doubt we will see any sort of backlash towards the XB1 and Steam versions of UMVC3 being delayed to March and timed exclusive to PS4.

not to hyped about the art style... kinda resembling a cleaner injustice look

wish is was more comic like.. Looking forward to the gameplay

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://news.marvel.com/games/56067/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-hits-2017/

This post from Marvel makes me really confident that the game will deliver on all fronts. Can't wait to see gameplay tonight.

“Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3” for current-gen systems includes a new gallery mode, is packed with all previous DLC, and features an improved 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second. The re-release of “Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3” is being offered as an individual download title on all systems for $24.99.

Negaduck

PREDICTION:

So I bet (calling it now) the Infinity gems will replace x factor. You choose the gem when you pick your character and each gem lets you get different buffs.

You basically get to choose the bonus you get from. Xfactor.

I'd stake my Wendy's double stack on it.

Depending on characters, I might get this. Never been into MVC before but want to try it out. Hope it comes to Switch since I rarely play tv games but if it doesn't I may still try it if theres no other fighter besides Smash on Switch since I want a new one next year.

I do have to wonder with X-Men ban, how MVC3 port even happens? I mean what? lol.

Drayco21

PREDICTION:

So I bet (calling it now) the Infinity gems will replace x factor. You choose the gem when you pick your character and each gem lets you get different buffs.

That would be an alright middle ground between MvC3 and MSH. I'd be down.

Kevinroc

latest

Get I get some Ms Marvel up in here?

Her embiggening powers would be fun in a fighter.

I know this game is supposed to be MCU focused, but I really would be surprised if Kamala isn't playable in this game.

Jawmuncher

PREDICTION:

This is what I think too.
I can't see them doing SFxT gem style ever again

Hmmm... so this isn't really MvC4... I'm cool with that. This could be interesting.

I'm totally on that fucking UMVC3 though. Then gonna double dip when steam version hits! Put it in my veins!!

It's marvel, baby!!

Da-Kid

What if gems are replacements for X-Factor and has various effects depending one which one you use?

Power Gem - Like the OG X-Factor, gives you more power to your attacks.

Soul Gem - Gives your defeated partner 1/5th of their life bar back. Does nothing for the surviving member.

Time Gem - Your attack speed/frames is increased by half.

Dude, it's the infinity gems like in MSH. Each gem will probably have there own activation boost.

Mind, Soul, Power, Space, Time and Reality.

Let's speculate on what the do!
It's nothing like how it worked in MSH

MSH was the best game in the entire series IMO. I'm pretty excited it's 2 v 2 and I'll wait and see on the gems... they were great in MSH.
People who upset about 2v2 don't care if MSH was 2v2 because they like Marvel vs Capcom more.

Khezu

So wait are we getting gameplay tonight or tomorrow?

Big head dude said tonight, but all the posts are saying Sunday.

I know CC is tonight, are they just trying to get people to watch the ESPN restream?

TreIII

People will need some convincing. hot takes are only going to get hotter the closer we get to the gameplay reveal.

I mean, yeah, but still. You'd only need to read the presser to get a better idea of what to expect, even before they reveal anything else!

Jawmuncher

So wait are we getting gameplay tonight or tomorrow?

Big head dude said tonight, but all the posts are saying Sunday.

I know CC is tonight, are they just trying to get people to watch the ESPN restream?

Irs tonight dunno what time

Top Bottom