• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2v2 and no X-men and people are still excited for this?

MADGAME

2v2 and no X-men and people are still excited for this?

tumblr_m96vzcrmKz1rwd6axo2_500.gif

what if the stone is supposed to be the 'assist'????

That's exactly how they made it sound in the video. I think assists in the traditional way of an additional character that comes out to help your team are gone, replaced with the infinity stone mechanic. I know a lot of people will be upset by this, as well as the 2v2 fights, but Capcom fighters have never let me down in the gameplay department. Not even SFxT. I am so hyped for this.

Dranakin

Yeah, I agree with the folks here that the Infinity stone mechanic will be a replacement of X-Factor and 3rd party assists from MvC: you pick one / randomized before the start of the match (MvC assist) and can only use it once per match (X-Factor).

Memory

I'm hoping we get X-Men at some point, this is a platform so i expect we will see dlc up to 2020 at least.

Hoping for more DarkStalkers Characters also.

VariantX

Infinity Gems are back?? This could be amazing or hilariously broken. Still all fun reguardless as I loved how getting a specific gem for a compatible character dramatically altered how they played for a short time rather than just a generic boost when using the other gems.

Nibel

So leakers, what's up. Anything more to add now that we've seen it? :D

I guess, by association, the rumours worth taking into consideration as of now are:

- Assists are back
- MCU Film actors will be involved to an unknown extent
- A Monster Hunter dragon will grace the cast
- Ant-Man, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Dr. Strange
- A Capcom veteran that was in MvC3 will return

Take with a grain of salt:

Pratt and Hemsworth involved

cordy

Banned
“For the last two decades, Marvel vs. Capcom has been one of the most celebrated franchises among fans,” said Mike Jones, Executive Producer, Marvel Entertainment.

Damn.

mike-grill2.jpg

He's really come up these past 10 years.

Man, losing Wolverine and such sucks but honestly I'm probably gonna miss Doctor Doom the most. Most badass Marvel villain ever.

I really, really hope at some point Fox hands over the Fantastic Four movie rights over to Marvel and let Doom (and Super Skrull) be eligible for inclusion in this game again. It's not like they're gonna do much with that franchise anyway after Fant4stic crashed and burned.

OsirisBlack

Banned
With the infinity gems being in the game Its a safe bet that Thanos will be in the game. If he's playable and isn't trash tier he will be my main only thing left is to pray Capcom has the good sense to put my boy Asura in the game.

Jawmuncher

I would think Pratt would be one of the hardest ones to get behind RDJ, so that's cool

Going by the Lego games he'd be one of the easiest, outside of his schedule of course.

Reveal trailer wasn't as good as MvC3, but it doesn't matter since MAHVEL'S BACK BAYBEEEEEEEEE

It just needed another team. But I guess its more due to that they didn't want to send any mix messages on the team size.

Top Bottom