• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

vg260

You know, as excited as I am, and have been, about this whole thing....I'm incredibly fucking nervous to see what it looks like visually and the gameplay later.

They could still fuck this up so bad.

I'm confident the gameplay will be fine. It's everything else around it I worry about (like SFV).

Let's get down to the nitty gritty of X...really...

What moves will he have?

X has a move for everything and he can literally be any kind of character you need him to be. His arsenal's so versatile. What can't that guy do? He's so versatile I'm guessing his HP will be on the lower side of things. Man, so many options.
I doubt he'll be that versatile, think Megaman and Volnut, you'll switch between a handful of weapons instead of having 8.

Hopefully X is better implemented than Classic was in 1 & 2. So much wasted moveset potential. If Zero is any indication, I'm expecting at least one move each from X1-8, an Ultimate Armor Nova Strike attack (Super? Level 3? idk) and maybe the hadoken or shoryuken for shits and giggles.

buy it for me because it's going to be sky lagoon and he'll have a falcon armor powerup super that gives him 8way airdash (4way airdash like in x4? idk)

Bet.

Watch them throw a curveball and remix the X3 intro stage theme or some shit, lol.

Crocodile

I would be down for the MCU actors voicing their respective characters but I don't want the characters in game modeled after them. That going a bit too far IMO

SkyOdin

Let's get down to the nitty gritty of X...really...

What moves will he have?

X has a move for everything and he can literally be any kind of character you need him to be. His arsenal's so versatile. What can't that guy do? He's so versatile I'm guessing his HP will be on the lower side of things. Man, so many options.
Well he certainly needs his Shoryuken. Maybe his Hadouken while he's at it. Probably at least one each of an ice and lighting weapon as well. He also needs his Force/Ultimate Armor Giga Attack as a super move: the forward energy dash one.

In terms of trailer hype... I can admit I teared up during the Street Fighter V trailer. It wasn't just the game... it was the whole community that had grown around Street Fighter.

This trailer had none of that.... but I think that's very intentional. They catered Street Fighter V to the dedicated crowd and were chastised to hell and back for it. You can even see this line they posted on Unity-

• Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.

It's pretty clear they're going for the crowd that shunned SFV... so hardcore Marvel players- be glad you have your UMvC 3 remaster.

Can't wait to see the footage tonight. I can live with 2v2, but I was kinda hoping for Assists at least. Going to have to see how the Stones work as well.

Have only checked on the rumor thread a couple of times, but remembered seeing people worried it wouldn't be 2D.

Is that still a worry?

convo

I'm confident the gameplay will be fine. It's everything else around it I worry about (like SFV).

Capcom already noted that they should take longer and finish the games they make in an investors meeting. With some additional Disney money getting poured into this some quality checks will need to happen independent from capcom themselves.

rafa

Neo Member
At the prospect of there being a new MvC, I was super hyped. Then, I saw the trailer and was instantly bummed. If this is made in the SFV engine, (as it appears to be) I'll stick to UMvC3.

NotLiquid

In terms of trailer hype... I can admit I teared up during the Street Fighter V trailer. It wasn't just the game... it was the whole community that had grown around Street Fighter.

This trailer had none of that.... but I think that's very intentional. They catered Street Fighter V to the dedicated crowd and were chastised to hell and back for it. You can even see this line they posted on Unity-

• Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.

It's pretty clear they're going for the crowd that shunned SFV... so hardcore Marvel players- be glad you have your UMvC 3 remaster.

I think that's moreso showing that they've learnt their lesson with SFV. It doesn't mean they're not going to have some mechanics in it for the hardcore crowd - Marvel vs Capcom is a series that exists solely because of it's dedicated base.

Yazzees

Some things never change 😂

Untitled.png

What a fucking mooch, god damn.

Jawmuncher

Can't wait to see the footage tonight. I can live with 2v2, but I was kinda hoping for Assists at least. Going to have to see how the Stones work as well.

I actually don't mind no assist only characters if that is the case.
Only because it means that we won't have to deal with any sad peeps who get their character in but only as an assist.

You know, as excited as I am, and have been, about this whole thing....I'm incredibly fucking nervous to see what it looks like visually and the gameplay later.

I don't mind 2v2 at all, but they could still fuck this up so bad.

Exactly how I feel.

One part of me is hopeful since it seems like Capcom/Marvel/(Sony) are very proud of what they created (I was expecting this to be some middle of the show reveal, not right up front after that Uncharted debut). On the other hand, we've been witness to the depressing abyss from Capcom far too many times. :/

Lulubop

At the prospect of there being a new MvC, I was super hyped. Then, I saw the trailer and was instantly bummed. If this is made in the SFV engine, (as it appears to be) I'll stick to UMvC3.

It's made on unreal 4 like every game these days. This is a cg trailer

Coda

Surprised people thought the graphics didn't look to good or the artstyle wasn't very cool. I somewhat like the look so far, hard to tell how it's gonna look until we see gameplay and further more until you actually play the game in real time.

Surprised people thought the graphics didn't look to good or the artstyle wasn't very cool. I somewhat like the look so far, hard to tell how it's gonna look until we see gameplay and further more until you actually play the game in real time.
Personally, I didnt mind the cgi designs themselves(except Carol who looks weird). Its that the action in the trailer felt kind of clunky. Ryu running up to hit Iron Man looked really akward.

I think that's moreso showing that they've learnt their lesson with SFV. It doesn't mean they're not going to have some mechanics in it for the hardcore crowd - Marvel vs Capcom is a series that exists solely because of it's dedicated base.

We'll see... a part of me thinks besides toned down teams and assists... we'll see slower speed and some kind of auto combo situation.

Kevinroc

I hope the MvC: I development team took notes from what Sakurai and the Smash team did with Classic in regards to Mega Man X.

Coda

Personally, I didnt mind the cgi designs themselves(except Carol who looks weird). Its that the action in the trailer felt kind of clunky. Ryu running up to hit Iron Man looked really akward.

Yeah I can agree with that. Think we'll see a lot more of the game at Capcom Cup, they just wanted to quench our appetite for the showcase tonight.

I personally like the detailed characters and the slight bit of realism added to them. I'm sure the game will progressively look better as time goes on before release.

03_mvcinfiniteimage01.jpg

Trailer is underwhelming.
Glad it's 2v2 tbh, I way prefer SF's mechanics to the VS games so the less assists and team stuff there is the better for me personally.

vg260

Capcom already noted that they should take longer and finish the games they make in an investors meeting. With some additional Disney money getting poured into this some quality checks will need to happen independent from capcom themselves.

That's my hope...

wow i do not care for that trailer artstyle especially compared to MvC3's totally boss artstyle.

That said fuck it it's all about the gameplay. let's see what sticks

The opposite for me, I dislike MVC3's shadowing style with a passion, and hope they go for a normal look like this trailer. And this is coming from someone who usually loves cel shading, I just don't like the variant used in MVC3 at all.

Top Bottom