• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Things that have me excited:
-It's Mahvel,baby!
-X
-Possible Ultron/Sigma fusion dance

Things that have me worried:
-Reveal trailer left me cold
-2v2 and gems(I still have nihghtmares about the last time Capcom did this)
-It's current day Capcom

The Ummah

Banned
Damn.

mike-grill2.jpg

He's really come up these past 10 years.

Who?

Mike Joooones!

Jintor

wow i do not care for that trailer artstyle especially compared to MvC3's totally boss artstyle.

That said fuck it it's all about the gameplay. let's see what sticks

Wow @ the Steam ports! Awesome! The art style is...slightly disappointing, but I'll reserve judgment until we see actual gameplay. Could just be the cinemas look like this, but the game itself is more stylized.

JTCx

Kind of bummed out this could mean no Dr. Doom.

But does this mean there's a possibility of Daredevil and Winter Soldier being in....?

Vince-Happy-as-fuck-620x400.jpg

RocBase

That's exactly how they made it sound in the video. I think assists in the traditional way of an additional character that comes out to help your team are gone, replaced with the infinity stone mechanic. I know a lot of people will be upset by this, as well as the 2v2 fights, but Capcom fighters have never let me down in the gameplay department. Not even SFxT. I am so hyped for this.

hmmmm

yeah im really trying not to make any films in my head right now, and you're right that as far as capcom is concerned, there is always room for this to still be fun to play in its own way

i guess, well for me anyone, what i loved about mvc3 was the whole aspect that it was essentially legos: the fighting game. but with mvc infinite it seems like in the task to control the chaos, it's also hampering down on that freedom. though i imagine it's also way easier to develop and balance in the long run, so i can't really blame them

Jawmuncher

what are the odds we get someone from power stone in this game?
y do i do this to myself

I would say ok.
If it's the US side doing the roster, they might actually go for some of the fan favorites that have been shunned for awhile. I posted awhile back the US capcom team did the Dead Rising 3 super DLC and the costumes they used of old characters hit a lot of ignored capcom franchises.

The fact that Capcom had this in development this whole time, and a lot of people (myself included) thought they weren't making anything outside of RE7 is crazy to me.

SkyOdin

So what should Megaman X's theme be? Remix of intro stage from MMX1?
A version of the X vs Zero theme from X5 would be cool. That might require Zero still being around, but that's likely.

Is that shadowy figure at the end of the trailer Ultron in Sigma's Kaiser body from Mega Man X3?

Ōkami

Looking forward to see the actual game.

CG trailer was kind of lame, really don't like the art style, hopefully the game doesn't look like that.

Skab

You know, as excited as I am, and have been, about this whole thing....I'm incredibly fucking nervous to see what it looks like visually and the gameplay later.

I don't mind 2v2 at all, but they could still fuck this up so bad.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
also its ironic that the trailer has Tony and Carol teaming since...you know...

250px-Civil_War_II.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw them partnering up. It was a great mark out for comic fans.

There's always DLC.
Some hope for them at least.

Marvel fans always want DLC no matter what. ;P

At least they are promising lots of single player and multiplayer modes.

I'm glad that Capcom learned their lessons with SFV so they could make MVC:I much better game for casual players. I really want to see this franchise to become successful.

I hate you all

U74h3AK.gif

cordy

Banned
Let's get down to the nitty gritty of X...really...

What moves will he have?

X has a move for everything and he can literally be any kind of character you need him to be. His arsenal's so versatile. What can't that guy do? He's so versatile I'm guessing his HP will be on the lower side of things. Man, so many options.

Top Bottom